84% of Gamers Do Not Meet Recommended Requirements for Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Mkilbride, Sep 26, 2011.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont buy that, more like 83% dont run stupidly high resolutions

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    What the hell is pay per download, and where you hear that?

At present Origin is a far better DRM solution than Steam, BF3 may change that though as we don't know how they are using it yet.

3. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Don't let the door his your @ss on the way out!

BF3 here I come!!

:)

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Don't let EA suck your blood like a cliche vampire or parasite.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    All publishers are after "sucking your blood" at least with this you are getting a proper PC game that has alot of time and money spent on it.

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Dont like Origin myself but BF3 will be the only title i will use it for as nothing else interests me for the future that will be on Origin,i think people that dont get it because of Origin are silly,its only 1 game.:)

7. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    Ouch not sure how I will fair, alittle better then low i guess.

8. fxmercenary

fxmercenary Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC Edition
    Hopefully I can run it at max settings! I do not overclock my hardware at all. This just might be the game to get me to start!

Whats with all the EA/Origin Hate? If you dont want Origin, just pre-order the PC version on disc... It will be the Limited Edition.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It might help out a little, as i doubt you will get 60fps with everything maxed, but there likely might be settings you don't like that help performance too.

Unfortunately things like motion blur and AO are important to me, so i'm out of luck.

The disc version still needs Origin to run apparently, but i will register it on Origin and sell the disc the same day, so no biggie for me unless like Steam it has a broken offline mode.

10. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    Sh1t the bed, i'm glad i'm not intrested in this game hahahahahah hahahahahaah

11. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Crossfire 5850's here ready to show that bitch ass advertising **** who's the daddy!

12. dshramek

dshramek Guest

I was fine playing the alpha. I am sure I will be just fine playing the beta & gold. I was kind of eying a second 480, but I really don't want to go that route. I am only playing at 1920*1200, so , yeah.

13. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    I might just hold off on this game till early 2012 when I build a new PC, I dont want to play it on low settings.

14. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I tried that man but i couldn't get it to work. Maybe i'm doing something wrong but a lotta ppl on the 2142 EA forums report the same thing. Would appreciate if you could confirm it.

15. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Im one of the 16% all because of the Crysis Effect and so is my 7 year old son who has 3 6950's in xfire and 3 monitors @ 6000x1080 cause his dad likes to game!

16. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    My GTX570 is ready for it so bring it on!!! I just wish I could find a decent cooler for it...

And if things work out the way I expect, maybe I will SLI my 570 on a new core i7 2600k.

17. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I know my 12 year old has a 5970 in his rig and I have sli 470's in my HTPC

18. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Uh, how is Origin better than Steam?

Steam is the perfect DRM, for customers that is, 99% of people don't even think it's DRM. Sure, it gets cracked, but everything does.

Steam has more features, more games, a huge community already built, and oh yeah, let's see...Origin is like 60MB, while Steam is like...12MB. So, already, the bloatware is out there.

As for Pay Per Download, it's that after you've downloaded your game once or twice, you need to pay for additional download access rights...the ability to download another time or two. It's their way of not wasting Bandwidth. Steam will let you download as much as you want, no cap, and full speed.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  19. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Uh my PC will be able to max everything out *akward smile*

Also I am sure the scene will have a crack or at least a way to bypass certain requirements in order to play the game... It usually takes only a day after release.... Use at your own discretion of course.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Because at present you don't have to log into it to play games, and it has a 100% working offline mode.

Wasted a fortune buying games from Steam just for the sake of convenience.
    Never again, will be retail only or CD Key sites for anything Steamworks, same applies to Origin too, i'm done with digital download services in general, retail is so much cheaper here.

When did EA announce that, i have downloaded a few games 3-4 times, one of them even on a friends PC, and not once did it try and charge me.

Quite enjoying the live stream, even on a low quality stream it looks very good.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011