road rage

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Tranceholic, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    k so this dude cut me off for no reason, i gave him the finger he followed me for one block. i stopped got out of the car, took a weak punch from him and spat at his face. got in my car drove away and he followed me for a few blocks then took a picture of me as i popped my trunk outside my car along with my plate number... what should i do?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    wait, the odds are low that anything will happen, if anything he assaulted you first.

3. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    well i took a shot at him too but i got his plate number and car model type too

4. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    You should probably just go about your life until the police call you.

And from now on, don't get out of your ****ing car, don't flip people off, hell, don't drive.

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    People can't drive. Just watch your own ass and avoid collisions. People cut in front of me all the time in the city. As long as it's not less than a few feet close, I don't even flinch because I'm aware of my surroundings.

If you got out of the car to fight, you shoulda finished the job.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    You let him follow you? Fail driving skills bro :p

If I saw someone following me they would quickly find it quite difficult to keep up.

7. ReLaps3

ReLaps3 Banned

GPU:
    XFX HD5770 1gig ddr5
    dont do anything, odds are youll never see that person again. Cops wont do a thing, its your word against his, itll be a huge waste of time for everyone if you decide to pursue it

8. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    Well the obvious solution would be to change your identity and move to Mexico.

9. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    you should have beat the living **** out of him snf taken his phone.

10. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR

11. ReLaps3

ReLaps3 Banned

GPU:
    XFX HD5770 1gig ddr5
    Mexico is full of mexicans...ohh and drug dealers

12. syntax_error

syntax_error Make it So

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 3850
    I'm going to play devil's advocate and ask... Did he truly deserve to be given the finger?

Maybe take this time to honestly re-evaluate how you drive.

Too many drivers feel they are the victim when they themselves are the cause (at least partially) of the mayhem around them.

My aunt is always telling me how horrible drivers are and are always road raging at her. Then she finds out that all of her brake lights are not working at all. Who is the horrible driver now?

Getting cut off ... he wasn't paying attention, you weren't paying attention or most likely both weren't paying enough attention. He wasn't in the proper lane at the proper time ... you didn't notice him rushing in and out of traffic .. hard to take a side because I wasn't in his or your car and able to assess the driving conditions at the time.

Maybe this dude is ranting on some other forum now saying some ass gave me the finger today for no reason.

If you have ever ridden a motorcycle (and taken a riding course) you know to 'read' what other drivers are doing and keep as much of a bubble around you as you can to avoid situations.

13. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Should never have stopped in the first place? Best thing to do is ignore. This is the very reason there is road rage.

14. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    next time make sure you smoke a joint as you drive that's what I do when I know i'll be in heavy traffic and does wonders for my road rage especially when I start having extreme mood swings from being bipolar.

15. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I lol'd so badly after reading this thread as well as the answers!!

With regards to road rage, there are many different ways of handling problems.

People react differently in these situations. Some would:

- Swear back at the angry driver
    - Chase/block the driver, get out and beat the $hit out of him
    - Ignore him
    - Spit at him (in your case!)

If I were in your position, what actions I would take would depend very much on where I am and my mood.

However, if I did something wrong then I'd ignore him since I fukced up or if I was in a bad mood I'd swear back at him.

Now, if I did nothing wrong whatsoever and someone swore at me I'd swear back and carry on driving.

If that person followed me and I noticed him in the mirror, I'd lure him into a quiet place/alley way, stop and then beat the lights out of him.

All in all this has never happened to me so I'm in no position to say how i'd react so based on the above I can only imagine/assume what I would do.

Though he took a picture of your plates/car, I wouldn't worry at all, there's no proof. How can the driver prove that you spat in his face?

Don't worry, chill man, go home and smoke a joint, you probably won't ever see that guy again or hear from the police.

Even if you do hear from the police, simply deny everything saying you have never seen that person before...

Did you at least hand him a hankerchief or tissue to clean his face? :)

16. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    A'ight, so someone cut you off while you were driving. Big friggin' deal. Unless someone's dangerously close from you, I think you should just ignore these people (as in, not fighting them) and continue keeping an eye on everything, not just them.

I only use my horn when someone gets within a few centimeters of my car. Well, I do if I have the time to do it — if I need to dodge the bad driver's car, I'll concentrate more on that. Oh, and I don't bother with motorcyclist, since they do it all the damn time.

I'll admit I've already flipped other drivers over before (when I started driving), but now, I think it's a useless waste of time to go out of your way to insult people like that. If they're bad drivers, life itself will teach them a lesson.

17. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    *sarcasm* relentlessly run the f**ker off the road, pursuing them to the ends of the earth if necessary *end sarcasm*

no, but on a serious note, I have issues with road rage occasionally, i get very, very mad, mainly other people but also... badly timed lights, idiotic drivers doing 30 in a 60 zone, people carving me up, not using roundabouts properly, driving in the middle lane of the motorway (speed limit 70) at 50, etc. many of which are dangerous and some illegal.

Just take a deep breath and get on with it.

18. sepulchre

sepulchre Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280
    If you spat at me , you wouldn't be able to post this thread.

19. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    So much violence! Really, don't do it again, if you knock him out and he hits his head on the concrete and dies, you've got manslaughter. Not worth it to waste your life because of him.

20. Austyn

Austyn Guest

ahahaha, i love a good road rage. Personaly, what you have experienced is just the tip of the tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg compared to some of the **** i have endured in my time living in Sicily, Palermo (known possibly as the single wors drivers.. in the world).

Anybody have a road rage complaint? Come drive in palermo for 6 months and anything else will seem mild and almost laughable.

Rules for driving in palermo..

#1 dont indicate.. just beep your horn
    #2 dont brake... just beep your horn
    #3 zebra crossing.... dont cross them and beep your horn.
    #4 driving past an intersection.... beep your horn
    #5 need to park? stop in the middle of the road, beep your horn and get out of your car.
    #6 for no specific reason... beep your horn.
    #7 somebody annoys you... beep your horn
    #8 dont like the colour of a car.... beep your horn
    #9 too hot in your car?... beep your horn
    #10 driving too fast? ... beep your horn

and lastly...

#11 dont like the sound of the horn?.... beep your horn.