84% of Gamers Do Not Meet Recommended Requirements for Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Mkilbride, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    There's a different reason for them running it at low. If you've ever watched a match or read about it, it's quite obvious.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Me, at list not a preorder. Maybe later at a lower price :wanker:

3. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah I know, I play SC2 and sometimes all the "shiny" effects on Ultra don't appease to me but rather distract me, though I'm just saying even if we all have capable hardware not all of us would be using the maximum settings in a multiplayer scenario in the slight notion that it may give you some lag. In the back of my head I am thinking maybe this slight "lag" is the cause from 64 players running around my hardware not able to keep up etc.. lol, Not saying people will run them at super low, just more or less the mid/high settings. Guess just have to find out this week but I'm pretty sure I'll try to keep the settings at high+, if it comes to it then maybe I'll get a second card.

nooo you must get it on day 1! lol jk, there are a few places where you can get them real cheap, whats good with getting the game earlier is so you can get in on with the multiplayer while its still fresh rather than later on and having to play with people who mastered the map already and such, not a biggy but it seems fun that way

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I once saw a guy set his LOD to +10 so that everything was grey and blocky and he could easily make out shapes, it was this one FPS...of course that's cheating in a tournament, but hard for cheat tools to detect. People play with low graphics for all kinds of ****ty reasons.

I wanna get this game, cmon POst Office, hire me!

5. mutate44

mutate44 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 2GB WF 1293 Boost
    Count me in I will be playing max settings once my other 3GB GTX 580 Lightning XE comes in then i will order another to replace my 1.5GB 580 that will go in my other machine withh 4.2GHZ 1055T. Overclock them both to 980 core i will be flying through it lol.

6. ATR

ATR Member Guru

GPU:
    amd 7850 CF
    6870 crossfire ready for high -> ultra

As it is a amd, based game - the drivers will likely be fairly optimised from launch. with crossfire just needing optimisation, to get best scaling.

7. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    How do you think 2 x 5850's will do then guys?

8. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    The 5850 are still beefy cards, if the drivers/profiles and game optimizations are good with crossfire im pretty sure you'll be able to run the game at max settings.

9. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    will do just fine as my 5870 CFX will. I'm still waitin' these Zalman's VF3000A to put them on:3eyes:. I suppose that at 99% load with 2 cards I will have a lot of heat to dump out of my case.

10. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    Imma OC my gpu to say 900mhz and BOOM gtx580 speeds and beyond, I am ready :devil:

11. Seansmit17

Seansmit17 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6870
    I think ill manage on max settings really.. for the most part

I tend to play with 2xaa if at all, Motion blur+AO+HDR/Bloom=off for me in all games..

I have AO on in SC2 but its hardly a taxing game anyway

12. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    I think im set for high or ultra.
    Still,many games claim higher requirements than what is real.

I remember Crysis 1,everyone kept saying that it runs like crap on gtx8800 SLI,
    still i maxed it out on single 8800 gtx with acceptable 25 FPS.
    Well,25 FPS is acceptable to me,some people like 60+FPS for Uber experience and these people will,no doubt,upgrade their PCs to meet Ultra reqirements.

13. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Well, my rig will play it no probs at max settings with all bells and whistles. But there's no frakking way im paying for BF3 if i'm forced to use Origin! :biggun:

Origin is a steaming pile of ****. I own BF 2142 on Origin and now i cannot play the game @ 16:9 only 4:3.

Back when Origin was EADM, my BF2142 installer gave me the option to add shortcuts to the desktop. Through these shortcuts or even the main .exe file, a player could add in a '+widescreen 1' command and hey presto, you could play at 1920x1080. But for some retarded reason, EA has changed the installer file with Origin and you can no longer add in the widescreen command. So now the game looks utter **** on a widescreen monitor.

You can expect a similar kind of bull**** in other games too i'm willing to bet.

If i buy the game on DVD even that requires Origin to be running in the background so... BF3 on Steam or no sale EA!

14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Actually I'm using the Logitech G35. If I'm listening to music, my JBL L100T's still do just fine.

15. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    LOL you need to dig a little deeper their fella. You CAN still do it you just have to find the .exe and add it to your desktop. (ProgramFiles/Origin Games/ etc)
    Trust me on this because I just did a few backs for my ex-wife on her new PC I built. It still works.
    I have 2142 on Origin as well but not installed but I could test it if you really wanted.

As for me and BF3 I will run it with my 5870 until the 7xxx series comes out and then upgrade(Was always my intention when I built this rig)

16. CDMC

CDMC Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX560 2GB
    yea right.. i bet i can run this on GTX280 on high settings....

17. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD
    damn that spec makes my 460 looks like a tiny dick..

it's dilemmatic upgrading gpu's going up, wont be used as much in most games.
    damn it..

18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    ... Your headphones/speakers don't change what your onboard soundcard is feeding them.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  19. Seansmit17

Seansmit17 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6870
    On board sound don't feed the G35's.....

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I guess my GTX470 will do medium/high, it's enough for me.

Shame for people who will skip this title. :p