Would you buy Bose?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by flimbo, Sep 21, 2011.

?

Would you buy Bose?

1. Yes

18.8%
  2. No

81.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Why is it that people with Bose systems assume nobody else has heard them?
    How many electronics stores have a Bose system in the corner squeaking away?

Some of the people in the poll may have posted based on price because it is too high for what you get, but others posted because they don't like the sound of the systems.

I have heard quite a few of their systems and I do not like them. Simple as that.

2. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    I voted no simply because I couldn't afford them.

My church uses bose sound system and it sounds very good. But sometime ago the church decided to buy new microphones to replace the broken ones. Now it's not that good anymore (cheap microphones maybe, or MAYBE the broken ones were cheap, and the new microphones are much better, and now they're revealing the real bose sound :D )

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  3. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    I voted 'no' because Ive heard many a Bose system and not ONE would I use to even SUPPORT my Martin Logan's as floor spikes.

oh...has Bose even figured out the POINT to floor spikes yet? AND are they still using conventional paper for their drivers? :D hee hee hee :D

That is all.

4. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Nothing wrong with paper. The best speakers I've ever heard use coated paper...it's the implementation, not the cone materials that count ;)

Or whether there are cones or not at all, judging by your response lol

I voted no because I've never heard a Bose product I like the sound of.

Bose 'Hifi' systems, CD players, car audio, PA speakers, home theater stuff...it all sounds horrible IMO.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    There are alot of high end speakers that use paper cones.
    I agree that using paper in their construction doesn't mean they are good or bad it depends on many other factors aswell.

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    For starters you have to move air. Bose speakers cannot move much air, so they use varous tricks.
    However they also have a 100 million dollar a year R&D..last i knew anyway, and they have spent tons of money to figure out those tricks which is difficult cause everyone hears and percieves quality of sound differently.

To their credit, they did well in that regard, tricking most people's ears even though their not hearing the full spectrum and loudness of each frequency and taking rooms and reflections into account, which now they have microphone auto tuning.

backed up by good marketing. price it high, make it look metro...i'm suprised they havnt gone to shiny glass boxes yet...and meanwhile just put them in cheap ABS, high resonont boxes that look cute n small spending only $125 to $335 in parts but price it high so it seems elite in peoples minds...it is good marketing btw.

however you can build your own speaker set from parts express that by default will blow away any HT in a box. size of speakers yet most importantly, the box itself is the key secret to great sound. Box tuning is an art.

yeah the box and tuning mostly. Ported tuned to 32hz, large single flared port in 3/4 MDF, braced with proper box volume is the ideal, most economical solution.

Cone material does not matter. Aluminum and Kevlar aare the hardest to get made correctly, but material does not impact accuracy if the other factors are done correctly..like mass to power ratio..etc.
    for tweets many seem to prefer soft dome, but i guess titanium can sound good too without being harsh, i dunno

7. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    'or tweets many seem to prefer soft dome, but i guess titanium can sound good too without being harsh, i dunno'

have you heard B&W's diamond tweeters? the 'D' series to my knowledge, is unparalleled in tweeters, they RAPE any recording Ive ever heard on them...although I dont own a set myself, yet, even my Martin Logan's don't measure up in that aspect...

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Sure, but there are two sides to that coin. You are trying to say that everybody that doesn't like the products is just "bagging" on them?
    Others could say that anybody that says they are good is just a fanboy or a shill...know what I mean?

You seem to think that people should listen to your positive opinions and yet you just disregard the negative ones because you think they are just bagging on them.
    Not everybody likes them and not everybody hates them.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I haven't had a chance to hear them yet but they are on my list of products I want to check out. You considering buying a set?

10. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    Im already sold..the question is...coming up with the STARTING $5k pricetag for the BOOKSHELF 805D's :O and I think the 800D's are about $40k?

Never mind the amps that youd need to DRIVE them properly...the setup I heard was the 800D's powered by Classe monoblocks, amp, power conditioners, some of the fattest cables*unknown brand, or at least I cant remember* Ive EVER seen, in a sound treated room...in comparison, I dont think my B&W's sounded even as good as the squeak on the door to the room..:)

The source material I listened to on them was a master recording, prolly as pure as one could possibly get. I dream of hearing that quality again...and the 800D's showed ALL the flaws to it...where it topped out...any minor editing mishaps even...Ive never heard another speaker to DATE, reveal so much about a recording..ever.

Just to give an idea of where I set my quality levels at, my Martin Logan's fooled my dog everytime the RCA intro with all the dogs running around came on, she'd run around the tv, searching, barking, trying to find the other dogs..if a set of speakers clarity and precision can fool a dog, audibly..they are good enough for me :D

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    $40K?
    Seems like a good post for the "wishful thinking thread!"

12. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    and then 2 monoblocks at $5-10k piece...cabling....power cleaning/conditioning....room treatments...so yeah...Id say $40k turns more like something around the lines of $100k by the time all is said and done...:p

I think the thread would need to be called 'A lifetime of 20 ppl pooling their money, knocking off a few banks, and then buying audio equipment with the proceeds' lulz.

13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I just watched Transformers Dark Side Of the Moon using my Bose PC speakers. My wife and 2 kids said it sounded amazing! I also thought it sounded fantastic. I guess we are fooled by Bose trickery then. Trick away Bose you rock!

14. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    you just haven't heard a real sound system. It's all relative. LOL. Way to go to brag you're pirating the movie as it's not out until the 30th and just leaked today with a 1080p rip. :)

15. elvizzz

elvizzz Active Member

GPU:
    DC II T 670 GTX
    just a brand. not parse quality at all, any way even in a speaker from 4000 Euro you will find cross-overfilters with cheap caps and i mean cheap really cheap caps units "woofer/mid/tweeter" are bether basically a brand speaker is worth 25 % of the pricing if you make it your self "ps speaker have rated power like 200 w at a cross over frequensy 3500 hz "exemple" 300 watt rating for that unit at 4000 hz" bit rudementry cals are more complex but even then if you make them as a moron with appz on the net the sound would be bether than bose with out a doubt and for that mather bether than alot you can buy

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    What?:3eyes:
    You make no sense at all.
    Try fixing up your post so other people can understand what your saying.

17. elvizzz

elvizzz Active Member

GPU:
    DC II T 670 GTX
    hope you understand my jibris now
    ►moding soundcard any one so for people doeing this dont for get your speakers open any casing find the filter replace all part basicly sound get way bether like a few hondertimes beter, only some time's the tweater is so bad that by replasing the wire to the tweeter might not be smart read burn so up the power slow
    greatings from da low lands

18. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+

So are you for or against Bose? lol.

[​IMG]

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    ..Against. From what I can gleen from his post he suggest building speakers as you would get much better quality for the same price. I think....

20. elvizzz

elvizzz Active Member

GPU:
    DC II T 670 GTX
    but even then if you make them as a MORON with appz on the net the sound would be bether than bose. how could this say i like bose

ps for 25% of the price

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.