Would you buy Bose?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by flimbo, Sep 21, 2011.

?

Would you buy Bose?

1. Yes

18.8%
  2. No

81.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Following on from the previous thread I thought I'd add a simple poll.

2. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    get ready for the ignorant ears to praise the almighty Bose

I would never buy them. I was ignorant in the past and had Bose Triports thinking they were amazing. Then I tried Grado and the stepping up began.

3. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    They don't sound bad, but for the same money you can do much better....this applies to headphones, surround sound etc.

My mother bought a 3.2.1 system years ago and it sounds fine, but has wacky problems from time to time and all of the speaker connections are propreitary.

They are popular because they are heavily marketed and found in lots of malls. I don't care how much enclosure manipulation you do to make speakers smaller, they will never sound as good as big floor speakers.

4. Romo

Romo Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX780 DCU II OC
    Since I already own Bose 301v I would not buy Bose again... not because I don´t like them or because I´m dissapointed in them, but just to try something else. Speakers I had before them were different brand too.

5. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I voted yes! I would buy another set of Bose speakers but this is determined by the price of course. On sale Bose is an amazing deal. Full price I would most likely pass on Bose, not because I don't think they make good stuff but because the price is too high for my budget.

6. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    C'mon, you gotta be joking right, a poll in a section of Guru3d where it's biased against a company lol, you won't get very accurate statistics lol, but anyway just for fun... ok

7. raif

raif Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr GTX 980
    why would you do that? do you enjoy troll-fests?

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No. You can get more for your money, because based on what I have heard, there is much better sound quality to be had.:)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Not really.

Ok maybe only acoustimass bass module lol:nerd:, but not for 400-500€.. or acoustimass 5 Speaker System € 599.00, what a ripoff :stewpid::3eyes:

edit: no i changed my mind not even bass module.. and yea it is like so in this quote. I heard it with those PC Speakers Companion 3

I have Bose201, got them for free - used, but im not thaaat impressed.. They're good but nothing special.

lol:roll:

[​IMG]

10. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Had Bose system on my truck, was lame and distorted. Used 350USD Bose headphones and were lamer than Sony's 100USD models (now i'm using the Dr.Dre beats studios... that's a good headphone), a friend has a 2.1 from Bose on his pc wich is worth twice the money that a sony HT 5.1 is, If you are looking to buy something good you should go to quality, not only price or brand.
    If you are looking for a HT sistem for your PC you should go for a Yamaha HT Decoder with 7.1 sound and buy each speaker separately. If you want a cople of sattelites for music, there are some good suggestions here in guru3d.com and if you re looking to spend a lot of money in a spectacular audiophile system, you can get 250.000+USD systems wich will provoke constant eargasms to you and your guests. Lol.
    Like one of these: http://www.higherfi.com/spkrlist/speakerlist.htm

11. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    Ah, I always enjoy reading this. http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

I own an Accoustimass 6 system. I bought it five years ago when a work colleague was selling a home theatre setup which included a yahama receiver and subwoofer. I paid £400 for all three items so at least I wasn't over-charged and they have lasted five years.

At the time I thought it was the bees knees so I would have defended my opinion just like Maleficarus has done. I still use the same setup so reading about Bose for the past hour I know understand why my LG HDTV produces more mid range.

I am not an audiophile and I have nothing to compare these little cubes to but when I can afford it I will do my research before buying new speakers. I'll probably start by posting a thread here. Obviously I won't be doing any research just yet or I might start to dislike what I already have. And I do.

My opinion? They are good enough for what I need them to do. I also live in a flat with paper thin walls so upgrading isn't worthwhile until I find another place to live.

In the poll I voted no.

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I have the Bose qc15s and while they sound good and have one of the best noise canceling they are overpriced. I paid 350$ for them. I think I could have gotten something better. I think you are paying more for the brand name

13. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+

LOL. 5/5 dude. Awesome post.

14. outlaw88

outlaw88 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I voted Yes...but it depends on what for. For car audio or theater hell no...but I have the Companion Series for my computer and they're good for me. I have limited desktop space and they deliver solid sound.

15. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    No I wouldn't, I a DIY guy so I rather part up bookshelf speakers with the receiver I have, then buying any complete package no matter who makes it. As I will get more for my money then less. When I buy something I wanna feel like I got what my money worth and not feel like I got cheated.

16. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    i got my bose front speakers for free but i would buy again infact im looking to buy the whole set well 4 more dual cube for the side and rear surrounds. just not gonna pay more than 200 for all 4 of them.
    [​IMG]

17. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    well i have a Kenwood pro logic amp + kenwood 5 cd changer and Jamo1000 speakers... ive had then for over 15 yrs and they sound as good today as the day i bought them

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    What does that have to do with the topic?

19. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Nope.

All the Bose stuff I've heard has sounded really unnatural.

What's up with all that 'fake detail' treble?

Haven't liked any of the stuff I've listened to. And I don't like the aesthetic...but that's not what we're looking at here :p

There're very few commercial companies that make products which are worse that they charge. And Bose are most certainly not one of them.

20. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Thanks for the link, it was an eye opener..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.