Dead Island - Now also Redux

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BlueStinger, Sep 14, 2007.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah everything can be tweaked / modded.

finally a game again that allows that. this game will be played for years and years.

2. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    This game is actually a tutorial and learning tool on how to survive the apocalypse. Surely the end of the world will be caused by zombies..

Thanks to games like this, Ill be ready for these sons of bitches!!! :war:

3. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    The way you survive in this game will get you killed by heart attack in a day or two.

"hey let's chug like 8 energy drinks every hour or so LOLOLOL" :3eyes:

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i didnt tweak this game man. can u tell me what exaclty i may tweak pls?

FOV? i want LOD pls..

and why on earth my game keeps small pausing every 3-4 seconds? it happens when i run fast...wtf :(

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    im using a tweaked video/audio config (set to readonly), mouse and keyboard fix (used to fix stutters), changed FOV to 75,and ive disabled the intro's.
    thats basicly it. oh and i set priority to high, instead of the default 'below normal' in the taskmanager.

ive also set AA to 8xQ in nvcp. couldnt get ssaa to work :(

have you tried tampering with the LOD settings in nvcp ?

6. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I'm using dead island helper and performance is way better then with out it dead island helper.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Nvcp? Nvidia control panel? Hmm didnt know it has lod option. Which setting changes that in nvcp?

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Im quids in,your quids out for such an *average* title,this game is worth no more than $15/£20 at the very most,who is the dickhead
    now:D

I guess your easliy pleased by shoddy software that belongs on a console only.

9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    You are, glad I could resolve that meaningful debate.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Come on, it’s not that bad, and it certainly a more fun than any of the L4D games are in SP, as they are no fun at all.

Different games though, L4D is a MP game that you can play in SP, while this is a SP game that you can also play in MP.

11. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    I agree. I'm diggin' it. Playing through a 2nd time as a blade chick.

12. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Well I got to play Dead Island for the fist time and after playing an 8 hour straight session I got to say the game blows for me.
    The game started ok and game seemed smooth enough.
    But as time went by I found myself spitting out foul language while playing.
    Usually any time I used the inventory and click back to exit the inventory to find that what ever I was or wasn't holding would be used immediately.
    eg: be in a small room and make a dio grenade at a bench, exit the bench and the grenade is now in my hands (which I didn't ask to be). So go into inventory and swap the grenade for a baseball bat and click back to exit the inventory.... yep my grenade that is not equipped gets thrown from my hands and death to me.
    Thug zombies really started to piss me off with my underpowered weapons (even though leveled and modded).
    Add the mini map hud with it's frustrating dot path that never leads to where your going and only adds confusion along with 2 odd quests that just glitched and had me running in circles until reloading, the game soon became tedious and aggravating instead enjoyable and fun for me.
    Maybe after a good break I might see it as fun again, but it's left me feeling bitter ftm.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  13. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Guest

playing it, not really impressed. lots of bugs/annoyances and repetitive game play.

14. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Are you asking for realism in a zombie-themed game?

Duuuuuuuuudeeeeeeeee, pleeeeeaaaaaaseeeeeeeee...

P.S.:
    The ammounts of alcohole i've downed ingame would've
    killed me at least 20 times.... hicup...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Ohh god. Im lvl 23 and keep dieing easly because of same situation. 4 5 zombies attack at same time and im stacked between them and a wall. At this level u die in 2 seconds. Ffs. Good game but some quests like open radios stations or what ever seems like developer coded or written fcking game to force the gamer to keep busy. Lame and sht for me. Was getting alot boring. :wanker:

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah boring aint the word, Vanilla lobbys will be dead soon once the dust settles,mark my words man its inevitable.

Shame as the graphics are really nice,but as any old skool gamer knows"Game play is KING":)

17. syklonis

syklonis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 MSI Trio
    Sounds like you are playing a pirated version or just haven't updated your game? The mini map quest tracking issue was addressed quickly and fixed the first patch. I have zero issues in questing with my working mini map.

I'm having a blast in this game. Good hold out until RAge and Skyrim :)

18. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Grrrrr....getting some error now when I try to go into Dead Island through "Steam"ing pile.

"Steam was unable to sync your files for Dead Island"

When I click "Play Game", it errors out with a dialogue box that says "Steam is required in order to play Dead Island". I can't play. WTF?

19. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    Try verifying the game cache files in Steam. Instructions HERE. This also happens to me sometimes and doing this has always fixed the issue.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Just got the game. A lot of fun... between the moments when you arent pulling your hair out due to the numerous bugs and shoddy menu/inventory control.

Amongst some of the bugs: player gets stuck, cant move.
    Player cant stop moving, cant esc, can only ctrl-alt-del and kill the game to exit.
    Terrible mouse sensitivity in menu navigation.
    When exiting inventory or work bench, your weapon/bat/blade goes off or swings.
    Amongst other bugs.

Other than that, great game. Too bad it seems still in alpha testing.