AMD's HD 7000 Series - Delayed - Now 2012

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Rich_Guy, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    http://www.nordichardware.com/news/71-graphics/44180-amd-hd-7000-delayed-to-2012.html

Ahh well, im in no hurry to upgrade anyway :p

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    That's why i tell people upgrade if you want, if you wait and wait you and up waiting forever.

3. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    [​IMG]

They could be just, you know, not a credible website.

4. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    good i hate upgrading once a week

5. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    Slightly disappointed, but I think my 6950 will do fine on BF3 (on medium settings).

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Seeing the HD7950/HD7970 is likely to require at least part of the drivers different, wonder whether we will start seeing those files - it could just be code in existing drivers, but since the architecture is completely different from VLIW4/VLIW5...

7. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    thank God. I hate upgrading every spring and autumn.

Don't be pessimistic, i'm sure it will handle BF3 much better then that.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  8. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    i hate the feeling..when a new card is released rendering my current cards 'last generation' lol thats enough to make me want to upgrade

9. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    oh come on...that's not gonna happen...Q4 2011...it's the only final truth...ffs...!!!

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The 6 series are in high demand, as everyones buying them for bitcoin. :)

11. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Ohh, the 6000 series are great cards, cant complain about mine, and right now there are almost no games that needs soo much power, Dead Island runs well even on a 8800 GTS with a single core AMD64... Right now we are ruled by consoles, they impose the limits and they are far behind from computers, please someone kill them... They are slowing us down!

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Death_lord is very very correct! even considering the fact games aren't fully optimised for PC.

13. Captain Oats

Captain Oats Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx760 2gb
    On the other hand consoles might be saving us; imagine every 6 months comes some new hardware and games are advancing so fast that you have to change your comp because of requirements. Right now I'm running a 3 years old motherboard with 2 years old proc and few months old vga, bought it because I've burned the other one, otherwise the card would be like more than a year old, and I run almost every game maxed out.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Be even worse with Windows 8 being able to play 360 games straight off, as be no more ports, and be no more Dx10/11 added, absolutely nothing, as they only have to do the 360 game now, and add the PC's logo onto its box, so you know it can be ran on both, they are going to save themselves billions by doing that :D

About the only good thing about that though, is that we won't ever have to wait months for 360 games to appear on the PC (like GTA IV etc...), and we won't have 360 games canned for the PC (like Alan Wake, which we will now be able to get for the PC, as we can now just get the 360 version for our PC's :p)

15. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    But, its that true? will Windows 8 Run Xbox 360 games for real? right now i doupt its true, and if its part true it would mean that they will support Xbox 1 games, but we will see, I hope its true so i can play games like Gears of War 2 and 3 on PC.

16. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    I doubt it.
    Regardless, only crysis was the game that was too demanding at the hardware present.
    Other games simply wanted to sell to pc owners, and since there are more medium pc's than highend, games usually will be ok to run on most pc's.

I'm gonna buy a new vidcard late this year, but first await how bf3 does on the 6000 cards, and mine, then I will decide if I wait until next year or not.

Undying is correct, upgrade when you want, don't wait, or you'll end up waiting forever and ever.

ps. let me put an example here, I bought the 4890 just before 5850/70 cards were released. The 5850 would have been the better purchase, still I played my games just fine, and today I would also wanted to upgrade the 5850 for bf3 and newer games to come.
    In the end the 5850 was on par and sometimes slightly better than my 4890.
    So waiting in that instance would put me in the same position today.
    Even if in most games it is the better card.

17. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Ran the unoptimized Alpha on Max settings pretty smoothly. The Final build will only run better.

So I probably won't be getting a second 6950 since one is more than enough :)

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

If there is such a lengthy delay, it would only suggest that it isn't already in production and that there may be further tweaking to it. There would be absolutely no conceivable chance that they've made tens of thousands of chips only to have them sitting around for a year or more - it would cost too much and be a financial loss. Even more so, AMD CANNOT afford to release the HD7000 series after the new Nvidia's, the move would be far too risky.

One thing I do see conceivably delayed is the 2nd gen Bulldozer, but who knows. Like I just said with the HD7000, AMD cannot afford to not release new hardware seeing they're the underdogs in the competition.

19. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    king-dubs - how about 6850? +/- OC?

I know it's a dumb question, but here I am asking it anyway ;)

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    This is bad people, not good. The more technology gets delayed the worse things are in the long run. Even in the relatively short term this is bad, less profit for AMD.