RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Hi all, hope this would be the right place to report problems with RadeonPro or ask for help. :D

Recently, I decided to play The Last Remnant but the game neither supports Vsync nor Anti-Aliasing. I tried enabling Vsync in its config file and also forcing it using CCC but neither method worked so I thought I'd seek an alternative and came upon RadeonPro.

Right now, my problem is that just as I make a profile for that game in RadeonPro, even if I don't enable any of the options in it, RadeonPro will force the game load in DX9 mode. I played with the options for quite some time, didn't manage to find a way to load the game in DX10 mode as long as it has an active profile in RadeonPro, though RadeonPro did force Vsync in the game properly. The game also only has one executable and doesn't have any option to switch between DX9 and DX10 as far as I can see.

I also tried D3DOverrider, it forces Vsync and Triple Buffering in the game without any issues and in DX10 mode but I prefer to use RadeonPro cause I also wanna force AA. Any help/fix regarding this matter would be appreciated. :)

P.S. I'm using 7 x64 SP1 and CCC 11.7 right now.

2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    just force AA in CCC & use d3doverrider

how is the game launching dx10 mode though? if it's part of a shortcut like "game.exe -dx10", RP can do that too

injecting fxaa is another option if there are artifacts when forcing AA

3. Verios

Verios Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950
    Installed this today to give it a try and I cannot seem to change any settings. Everything is greyed out :3eyes:

4. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Any news on adding FXAA to radeon pro japamd?

5. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    Just thought I'd mention this. I got the new Deus Ex and for AA it has MLAA and three flavors of FXAA (low, medium, high). I chose FXX High and it runs great. No jaggies, text is not blurry.

I think I read that ATI cards can use FXAA. I guess this proves it?

6. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Exactly what I'm doing right now.

No idea, there are no parameters on the shortcut, I even tried adding the -dx10 parameter in RadeonPro but it still launched the game in dx9 mode.

RadeonPro also fails to force Vsync if I ALT+TAB out of the game and then go back in (as reported by serp202), so I'd have to stick with my current method for the moment.

7. Verios

Verios Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950
    Tried again today, but for whatever reason I cannot seem to get RadeonPro working. The actual program itself starts however I am unable to change any settings (even when I create a profile) and upon clicking Global or Profile the program makes an error noise but does not seem to crash. Would anyone happen to have any suggestions?

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  9. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    when will we be able to add it onto our games using raedon pro :(

hopefully not too long :)

10. Galactica

Galactica Guest

GPU:
    AMD XFX 5970 Black Ed.
    Radeon Pro crashes for me each time I try to look for steam games in the profile wizzard.
    Also how do I launch Counter Strike Source with RP, after getting it to the hl2 exe file in CSS folder i get that it cannot find gametext.txt in the hl2 subfolder. Copying it there launches Half Life 2 not Counter Strike

Crash report

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: radeonpro.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.1.0.6
    Problem Signature 03: 4d5354bf
    Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4d8cdd0e
    Problem Signature 07: 344b
    Problem Signature 08: 119
    Problem Signature 09: System.IO.DirectoryNotFound
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1053

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011

11. mmsandi

mmsandi Master Guru

GPU:
    We want FXAA! We want FXAA! :D

12. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    ^ this x 10 :banana:

13. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    I have problem.
    After install I run the app, fill the wizard but got
    error: Can't load application profiles.

I have XP. Does it run on xp sp3 ?
    What could be the problem?
    I tried last and latest version->the same.
    I have vc redist 2008/2010 sp1.
    Help

14. zed87

zed87 Guest

GPU:
    MSI/R6850 Cyclone/1GB
    Does anybody know, if there's a way to force enable vsync for 3D screensavers when computer is being locked (at windows login screen)? Any ideas?

15. moriz

moriz Active Member

GPU:
    MSI HD 5850 (900/1200)
    for whatever reasons, most of the tweaks available in radeonpro simply do not work on BC2, or if they do work, they have a strange tendency to "unstick" in the middle of a gaming session. the biggest one is forced vsync: i disable vsync to avoid microstuttering, and after a few minutes of multiplayer, the game automatically enables it again.

the other one is MVPU mode. that entire slider has absolutely no effect.

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    dont forget the caps disable stuff sometimes, as do the drivers...

17. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    why arent you launching from steam? RP will detect the game & apply its settings

it's not vsync'd already? or at least 60fps cap, or have you turned off aero?

but the game has a vsync option & i've never seen it do the opposite of what i've set it to

18. zed87

zed87 Guest

GPU:
    MSI/R6850 Cyclone/1GB
    Aero is turned on and I'm able to force v-sync with D3DOverrider or RadeonPro. But all my 3D screensavers without v-sync option in their setting run 200+FPS. It looks like 3rd party apps can't force v-sync when computer is locked. I blame Catalyst developers because I've never had this problem with any nVidia graphics and v-sync in nVidia control panel always worked fine.

19. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I have a problem with Radeon Pro and I'd really like help to fix it.

The thing is I made a profile for Red Orchestra 2 (ROgame.exe) to turn off CrossfireX, as it works better with a single card for now.

The thing is, It worked fine until today, I re-installed Windows 7 with a clean install, and now I made t he same profile again (Downloaded Radeon Pro 1.1.0.6 from the website) and whenever I start up the game, the .exe stops responding instantly. If I close Radeon Pro, it works again.

Is there anything I may be missing here? I'd really like to play with CrossfireX disabled, disabling it through CCC is a pain in the ass and I'd love to use it via Radeon Pro like I used to do before re-installing Windows 7.

Thank you in advance for any possible answers.

20. MadTom

MadTom Member

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB
    You might be missing some C++ files, or some .NET files. Check the first post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.