GeForce 285.27 BETA Drivers released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Bradders684, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Hmm, i have these set to prefer maximum performance (global) and despite this in RO2 menus etc it still drops the clocks/voltages as thiough it's on adaptive.

Very strange.

2. GoDi81

GoDi81 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TwinFrozr II
    Had the same on COD and 3D Mark before I did what I wrote 2 post ago.

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    So far so good, but i had to update Flash to 11RC1..

Although there are still few "bugs";

-there is a bit cut-down AA (LOD) in certain games (so far only by UT3, forced 32xcsaa and 16xqaa, i didnt try rest aa modes), it looked like it was rendering less detailed AA in the distance. MassEffect2 AA string kinda fixed it. So its not a big deal..

- P-state is still kinda bugged when browsing FF6, but imo its 95% better then any 280.xx so far (hehe the most important thing is i dont keep hearing the fan anymore). No driver stopped responding though, i never had that..

-flash player issue with 10.x

-windows boot logo artifact right before it switches to logon screen is still here (i think,edit: no its the same like by 275.xx, 280.xx >> 5-6 lines)

and i have Shadow bug in Cod5 waw MP- MakinDay and Makin Night maps, broken palm trees, i see it with all 27x.xx and 28x.xx drivers, lol go figure my old 250gts rendered fine:infinity:
    anybody else who owns Cod5 notice it?
    it looks like so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axy7vNG_mu8&hd=1

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    no bug for me.

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    hm, do you force anything in driver?

So do you think its something in cfg?

edit: i deleted cfg and still the same.. heh idk or it really is Fermi G110 specific..
    The only thing i didn't try is to reinstall the game but i kinda doubt it and its a pain with all those 3.4gb patches lol:infinity:

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Uhm i have 32xAA forced and 4x SSAA.. IQ is High quality. I did heavily tweak the cfg, maybe i changed something that caused it.

7. MrLeet

MrLeet Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    Hmm.. Having pretty big problems with my setup using these drivers. While playing BC2 for an hour or so the screens hangs and the computer isn't reacting to anything anymore, a total freeze.
    Rolled back to 280.19 and no problems whatsoever.

For the record this is the setup:

gaming on 1920x1080
    i2600k @4,3Ghz (speedstep 1,29/1,31vcore)
    8GB vengeance @default
    EVGA geforce GTX 580SC (light factory OC 797Mhz, vddc 1.047)
    OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 MI

More users experiencing this problem?

8. mkh

mkh Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070Ti O12G
    I had crashes to desktop while playing battlefield bad company 2, 1 of 4 playtimes it would crash, it's the only game that crashes with 285.27 driver. Had a "driver stopped responding" - error once. So went back to 275.33 whql and no more BFBC2 crashes and driver hasn't stop responding yet.

It seems that suddenly my system has a problem with drivers that are not certified. Uni Xonar driver had to be installed in test mode and sign the system file, few weeks ago didn't have these problems. Nvidia update craps itself, even with the 275.33 that had no problem with Nvidia update has it now and reformated and installed fresh win7 2 months ago.

9. DarkTerror

DarkTerror Member

GPU:
    Geforce 660ti
    I never had any problems with Nvidia drivers till date. You people whine too much because of unstable CPU.

10. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    +1 No crashes or freezes since 2007 with my first 8800gts 640mb

11. MrLeet

MrLeet Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    Uh no. CPU overclock is stable. The only reason BC2 froze is because of this driver. Now on 280.19 and no problems here..

12. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    have agree here. i play bfbc2 for at least 3hrs a night everynight and its never crashed since ive had the game. it doesnt matter what driver im using.

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It's not stable enough. Just try @ stock and you will see.

14. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
  15. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

Yeah, these are doing way better for me in Rift than any other recent set has... Sanctum usually owns me, but between there and Greenscale's Blight last night, I was rock-solid smooth.

Not sure if my sig's got updated specs or not so... GTX 570 SLI (830c/4200m), i7 2600K @ 4.4ghz (24/7 oc), 8GB DDR3 2133, 256gb SSD, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc). Maxed Rift settings with edge blur AA enabled, shadowmap resolution @ 2, etc.

EDIT: Oddly, today it's crashing the driver and showing artifacts in Sanctum, no idea why. It worked 100% fine all last night for several hours. I tried setting things back to stock on the GPU's and same thing...

EDIT2: After rebooting it's working perfectly again for awhile now. Go figure... I did up my CPU voltage one notch just in case. The freezing was from a hard drive dying :(, unfortunately... not the driver.

16. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    I'm experiencing lots of crashes and today BSODs while connected to Facebook via Firefox (latest), looking at pics. I'm using MSI Afterburner 2.0.0 with reduced volts (-100mv) and 750MHz on SLI GTX460 1GB. Set volts/freq to default and it may have stopped crashing.

Previous drivers were good, no odd crashes at all (in ages !)

17. dennymoofoo

dennymoofoo Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 570 @ stock
    You have an unstable mind.

18. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Im getting random lockups with these drivers that I wasnt getting with the previous WHQL. Rolling back

19. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    Do you like talking out your ass. Some of us are habving genuine problems with drivers. I had no problems with graphis drivers until the last three drivers so its got nothing to do with my CPU. Also an unstable graphics driver has nothing to do with my CPU.

20. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    in RIFT great FPS bit smoother and more solid frames instead of generally having more fps and now i can play Deus EX HR with DX11 too :) no more crashes, these drivers are better than the old WHQL at least for me