FPS Limiter with Nvidia's Next Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MfA, Sep 9, 2011.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea it was so ironic it hurts lol xD, heh I bet only because he/she got banned for 24/7 trolling here sometime ago..

Anyway what do you all think about this FPS limiter, will it be a free number or some specific ones like 30, 59, 60, 75, 90, 120,..?

2. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    It would make sense if it's free number, because we can adapt the number to our needs.

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Yea i think so too, i had a flash before lol :nerd:

4. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    I have been asking for this feature for years. Simple, if game is too demanding or it is the type of game where 60 fps isnt a big deal and there are lots of variance in the framerate this will help smooth out the overall experience. Long overdue. I have a 580 overclocking to 945 and an i7 at 4.7. Crysis 2 dx11 maxed at 1080p runs from 45-60 vsync on. I dropped to 1600x900 to keep the 60fps since it is hard to tell anyway. This way I will cap at like 48fps and go back to 1080p.

5. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    You can already cap the fps in Crysis 2, just do a little search in Google :)

6. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I think a better analogy would be a Lamborghini running at 60km/h with really high RPM's compared to a Lamborghini running at 60km/h with lower/safer RPM's. :nerd:

7. PCTECHTRONICS

PCTECHTRONICS Banned

GPU:
    XFX 7970 H20
    Ya because I spent thousand on a rig to cap the FPS. lol
    I love it when My machine tears the **** outta games to where I have tearing. Thats what I bought it for. If I have tearing. I just turn it to SLI 64 AA on.

As for games that I turn up everything and still get 300 fps. I don't play **** games like that. With old graphics. If it dont have the best I candy i don't even want to look at it no matter how good the game or the game play is. If the graphics are not Crysis,skyrim,bf3, quality why even bother putting it out. Also IMO if you have a system that cant handle new games or you have a system you cant turn max out the graphics with good frame rates why are you pc gaming? Get a console. Dont have the money for nice pc. Get a console. Dont have the money for fast net to play online lag free. GET A CONSOLE. I love it when I playing online with someone who has a ****ting pc with crap net and lags me out.GET A CONSOLE. If you are playing on a system that you cant max out any game what is the point of you pc gaming?
    Pc gaming is state of the art gaming and if you cant afford to keep your system fast enough for the latest games. Get yourself a xbox and leave the pc gaming to pc gamers.

8. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti

Unless, you are always upgrading to the latest cards, you'll reach a stage where you can't sustain 60 fps average, and when that time comes, you'll notice the effects of microstuttering.

FPS capping is a tremendous help to reduce microstuttering in multigpu, where you can't maintain 60 fps constant and in this case vsync becomes useless.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Don't use it then.

Not sure what the rest of the post has got to do with this option though:3eyes:

Paulo Narciso, i think some people just like to see high numbers to make them feel better about the money they have spent, even though it makes for pretty bad visuals and a poor, and quite distracting gameplay experience.
    Not like your using some budget system either is it lol.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Ohhh~ I see what you are saying "PCTECHTRONICS", you think that rather then adding a feature to drivers to help slower systems play newer games, or to have faster systems create less heat and save power, everyone should shell out more money for no reason! WOW COOL LOGIC. It's thinking like that, that would be the end of PC gaming as we know it. "BLAH BLAH BLAH , GET 300 FPS OR BUY A CONSOLE N000BZ"

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    That is actually pretty damn good analogy.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
  13. xaudiox

xaudiox Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Tuff OC
    Can't see how this addition to the drivers can be a bad thing !!
    If you dont want it, dont use it !

14. heltonxl

heltonxl Banned

GPU:
    HD 5850
    fps limiter for all game now! use dxtory

yes , it is possible to limit the fps of any game dx9,10,11 or opengl now,
    download Dxtory , and use the limit video fps option , they will limit to any number you want, the link to download:

http://dxtory.com/v2-download-en.html

15. Argineboy

Argineboy Guest

GPU:
    XFX R7950 @ 1000/1375
    is this better than D3Doverrider?

16. PCTECHTRONICS

PCTECHTRONICS Banned

GPU:
    XFX 7970 H20
    Pc gaming is for people who want state of the art graphics and gaming. Consoles are for people who can afford a $3000 machine. So if you are running a system that cant even turn the candy up to console grade whats the point. As far as you go staight from the mouth of a broke azz mo fo. lol
    Also I could care less about heat because IMO real players with have a WC setup anyways and yeah my power bill is higher and I love it. Because when I buy something power consumption not even in my mind. I don't care about people with slow systems and its sad to see nvidia spending time on this when there are so many other issues they could be working on. Way to spend my money nvidia.Thanks
    I was responding to one or two people on this thread before BTW

They were talking that it would be great for games they have a hard time playing and getting good FPS.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Not sure if troll. If you are not trolling then you are retarded. There are hundreds of other categories for PC's other then the "$3000 for playing a few games" category. In fact, that is probably the least common case. i.e; why this new feature, and other features like FXAA have been receiving so much attention. Your perspective is incredibly narrow minded and arrogant, not to mention misinformed.

18. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    His perspective is stupid, you don't need to spend 3k on system that can play games with excellent frame rates. Why would you need to spend that much other than bragging rights is beyond me anyways.

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Way to go... nerdraging over consolitis because we get new driver toy to play with.

If you UBER PC EXCLUSIVE WANNA DRY LAMBORGHINI turds had any clue whatsoever about PC gaming you'd know about micrustutter.

Yes even on a single card.
    With both vsync and vsync off, so you can't say it doesn't affect you.

And since you can't use any of the goodies already exposed in NV inspector,
    HELL... why not whining, and acting insulted because we get another feature you're clueless about, right

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    You do understand that it is actually more like a bad thing if your system keeps pushing frames more than your monitor can show them?