Red Orchestra 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by AbjectBlitz, Oct 28, 2010.

1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Just cancelled my pre order, its an ok game and I had quite a bit of fun but I just don't have the time to play this and another soon to be released mp fps, I realised it would just sit in my steam list.

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    really odd i played on a server earlier for about 1hr then had dinner after crashing again...

hope the full game isnt this bad.

p.s tried diff drivers and why it would it work fine at time and then other times not. have tried reinstalling the patch thing that was released as well...

3. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    I find it to be like the original RO, just shinier with less maps. I'd like to see some of the old maps like Odessa,Danzig and Leningrad ported over to this game. Nothing like a room to room fight.

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

:banana:

1293 MB... sweet...

Yes, the server list :bang:

But when I see this kind of enthusiasm that Tripwire is showing,
    and the game just feels RIGHT like the RO2 does... I am willing to forgive so much more then usual.
    The game is everything I hoped for.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

5. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    This new patch just gave me e-boner.

Silk smooth performance with everything maxed out, no crashes so far.

6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    This is what is amazing about RO and RO2. Game fixes come out right away with little to no waiting!

7. Nerus

Nerus Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 470 amp!
    Dear lord another massive quick patch. :D

I notice they added 4 more maps. So they've released all 10 maps before the final release. I hope community creates a lot new maps very soon after release.

8. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    I was already getting sick of that one map with the infirmary and other building. Forgot the name.

9. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Barracks.

Cool, with so many high profile games coming out this Fall and Winter, yeah there is no reason to buy more than you need.

I choose this over other FPS but hey choices are great because we can make our own decision! :)

10. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Yay, Steam worked so managed to buy this game.

11. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    They have Danzig, it was just called Apartments this time. They probably have all the other maps too just renamed.

12. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Can you still play the first maps? I thought they disable the first few maps when the next maps come out in the patch? I've not seen Apartments, Fallen Soldiers since the patches?

13. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Yeah totally agree and IMO there is room for this and BF3. This will certainly feed the hardcore side of shooters that i enjoy and BF3 will just be BF3 - Awesome.

But i have room for both and i don't think BF3 will be as balanced as this game in all honesty. I never played the first RO but i can safely say without a doubt RO2 by a mile for me is the most balanced MP FPS out there right now. Add to that the epic almost SP atmosphere/sounds and very nice visuals considering the engine, whats not to like? Only gripe for me, is for a PC only title the textures in places could be better, but that's scraping the barrel for me on things i think could improve. The important part is the gameplay and balance and they have this nailed 100%

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yep bring on an expansion with brits/americans n japanese! that's not to say russians v germans isnt good enough.

some of the new maps are huge and so many places to hide :)

my furthest shot 206 so far! headshot as well..as a sniper though cant seem to hit running targets 2 well.

15. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Well after a few major patches I must say this game is simply amazing! The graphics are really showing how well the UT3 engine looks in a WW2 setting. Sounds in this game are top notch. My only complain is when you look through your iron sights you start breathing. You are supposed to fire on the exhale for a more precise shot. Well, that is real and all but the sound of you breathing is really annoying to me. You literally sound like Darth Vader from Star-Wars...

My wish is they patch the breathing sound out, or if nothing else allow turning it down really low. I love realism don't get me wrong but breathing to steady your aim is a bit much for me...

They also changed a few in-game quality settings. Now we have the option to turn FSAA to "off" which is perfect. I never use it anyways. My FPS on these new maps are averaging 80 FPS with Ultra quality settings with the exception of shadows to "high". I play in my monitors native res of 1680x1050 in enhanced PP mode. I find the game looks crisp and sharp. No major slow-downs so far. Server browser runs silky smooth now as well. I played today for 2 hours with no crashing or issues whatsoever! Now this is the way a Beta should be!!

16. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I love the breathing sounds, when I first heard it I thought it was an excellent touch and reminiscent of WW2 movies, Enemy at the gates in particular.

17. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Agreed, UK and US would be a great touch. Add me on there chaps anyone on here....Scorz on Steam and in game.

New maps are great btw, very hard to learn and a couple are massive!

100% agree on this, it's very immersive and tense with the breathing, great touch. Also really like the supression effects

18. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
  19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
  20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU: