MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herb0ne

Herb0ne Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Lightning
    Thx for the quick help!
    I've deletet the whole line with"Unofficial...." Then I restarted afterburner.
    I realised that u cant't push the voltages in 1 mV steps but only in 6 mV steps.
    But here is my next problem. I can apply the voltages now but the do not affect in any way:bang:

Take a look:
    [​IMG]

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

Actually it's probably working just fine, you should check with a DMM on the GPU voltage line.

Apply 1.2 Volts (+200Mv) and see if its stable at 950 MHz, if it is .. you know the voltage tweak kicked in. Give it a try and Let me know.

3. Herb0ne

Herb0ne Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Lightning
    Hi big THX again. I'm not very good in technical english(although I'm studying Biomedical Engineering:deflate:) so can you tell me what a DMM is?
    Do you mean a multimeter?

sry for that :)

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I see no any problem on the screenshot. That's power saving with idle voltages.

5. Herb0ne

Herb0ne Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Lightning
    Yeah thx to all of you, you are right in benchmarks the voltage is kicking in :banana:

6. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    Overclock on my 560Ti don't work, when i press apply button, clocks returns to default, I use nvidia inspector to apply overclock, works fine
    BUG?????
    WTF happens here????

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Excellent I figured as much, and pardon the lingo but a DMM is a digital multi-meter. The lightning has voltage points which you can tap.

Don't blow 'r up now ! :nerd:

8. CoolCmd

CoolCmd Member

GPU:
    CGA 16K
    AB 2.2 beta 7

Command
    Code:
     /profile1 /q 
    take 3 seconds to complete. Why sooo looong? For example RivaTuner do it for 0,5 seconds.

9. Unwinder

Honestly, no ideas. Unlike RivaTuner, Afterburner does many additional things at startup including skin loading and initialization, update checking, AMD ADL interface initialization and some more. It can be any of those things or a combination of them. I'll try to profile Afterburner startup processes to see it.

10. CoolCmd

CoolCmd Member

GPU:
    CGA 16K
    must be skipped by /q
    turned off by me in settings
    hmm, my app dumps adl dispalys info in ~0.5 seconds.

11. Unwinder

Don't think so. Profile load command line switches are wrapped around startup profile load, which is only possible when full skinning engine and database decoding stages are finished. I'll better remove those undocumented switches support at all than rewrite it ;)

Don't think that your app performs that deep hw scanning including I2C devices enuneration and supported VRMs detection.

12. Unwinder

Just profiled the startup, most of time is indeed spent inside I2C devices enumeration and detection.

13. mr_gem

mr_gem Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    My MSI Afterburner 2.1.0 On Screen Display function doesn't work with DirectX 11 games such as Crysis 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2... It shows on the tray icon but not in those games which I want to see gpu temperature, gpu usage and fps. I'm using Windows 7 64bit. Please help me with this, I really appreciate for your help :)

14. Unwinder

Update DirectX runtimes to the latest version and run 32-bit game executables.

15. mr_gem

mr_gem Guest

GPU:
    GTX460
    Thanks for your reply but I'm still confused, how can I update DirectX runtimes and run 32-bit game executables ( I checked compatibility tab in Properties but I can't see it). Thanks again.
    Edited : Updated DX runtimes and it works like charm, you are the man Unwinder :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

16. Unwinder

Just managed to reduce startup time due to caching database access and I2C devices scanning. But it still won't be as fast as RT becasue of GUI skinning.

17. User-defined automatic fan speed control not activated at system startup

Hi,

after system startup overclocking is activated by MSI AB due to 'Apply overclocking at system startup' being enabled however the user-defined automatic fan speed control is not though enabled in the loaded profile. Is this a bug?

I am using MSI AB 2.1. Output from the Information tab:
    Display device : MSI R5850 Twin Frozr II on RV870 GPU
    Display driver : 7.14.10.0855, Catalyst 11.8
    On-board memory : 1024MB
    BIOS : 012.020.000.040

Don't know, if this posting relates to my problem, quoted here anyway...
    bye,
    deVas

18. Unwinder

No, it is an issue of end user activating and multiple fan control tools at Windows startup.

19. Retspan3

Retspan3 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 470
    I'm having a problem with 2.1 when I do screen captures. When I hit my screen capture key I can see the file added in the save location instantly but it will freeze my game's screen indefinitely. I can tell the game is still running and you can click on things in the game and it will work but will not display properly. I can hit the screen capture key once again and this resolves the problem but naturally created a second screen shot. I've resorted to just double tapping the screen capture key which eliminates the screen freezing ingame and dealing with having double screen shots. Any fix to this currently or planned for the future if this is a known bug?

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Perhaps not truly a bug, but if you have no parameters checked to monitor (meaning a blank hardware monitor screen) if you right click on the hardware monitor screen and select properties in the popup menu, it does not open the Properties window. You have to use the 'settings button' to access it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.