Corsair H60 or Air?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sverek, Sep 5, 2011.

1. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Each time I visit that friend of mine, I use it. Each time I don't visit him, I don't use it.
    I know my job is irrelevant but then again, so is the fact I use a Medion laptop.

He bought the Silver Arrow online from Salland (Raalte, The Netherlands a.k.a. not Belgium). Zercom (Eindhoven) also has it.

2. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Doing that will help to bring the noise down to a more comfortable level but it will severely cripple the cooling performance also. On top of that, it will raise the price so again, like I said you'll end up with a solution that's more expensive, cools worse and gets louder than Silver Arrow.

3. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    I figured it would have to come from The Netherlands. It isn't cheaper anymore in that case for us Belgians.

I just find it funny that you use a Medion laptop if you seem very picky about noise and heat. They aren't exactly known for great cooling and low noise. I buy Medion too sometimes. No computer stuff though. Aldi ftw!

4. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    I have yet to see a review to support that claim as far as the Corsair H60 is concerned.

5. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
  6. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Pfff, the distance between Eindhoven and the Belgian border is shorter than the distance between hundreds of thousands of Americans and their nearest neighbour. lol

Yeah, it's a funny laptop alright but I paid only 699 € for it on January 7th, 2009 so considering its specs and the fact it's still working flawlessly I can't exactly complain. My netbook is a Medion too and it's completely inaudible, BTW. Either way, noise is not everyone's primary concern so I think it's worth noting the fact you'll need at least an H100 to beat the sheer cooling performance of two 1700 rpm 140 mm fans on the Archon (which the xbit labs review of the H100 confirms). If you wanna ask me, that's still a huge price gap to consider. And then there's the XSPC Rasa 750 RS360.

7. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    Another great comparison. lol. If i drive to Eindhoven(200km) i would spend more on fuel then i would spend on the Silver Arrow. Maybe your car runs on water?

8. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    [​IMG]

9. att_user

att_user Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5870 2 GB

LOL² xD

10. att_user

att_user Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5870 2 GB
    Aldi computers are ALL crap.

11. att_user

att_user Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5870 2 GB
    No. That guy is an idiot that´s all.

12. att_user

att_user Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5870 2 GB
    You will have to clean ALL coolers too from time to time.

To prevent dust buildup in your case you can see that it is sealed leaving only the fan vents open.

To seal your case you can use duct tape or even better use sound insulation foam pieces.

BeQuiet! sells them as "PC NOISE ABSORBER KIT". I got a big tower universal kit for my midi tower and it was just enough to insulate my case. No more noise and much better airflow was the result.

After sealing your case cover the fan vents for air intake with pieces of nylon stockings and you will have a very effective and cheap and easy to clean dust filter.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  13. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    I've just finished searching that whole thread. No mention of the H60 anywhere IIRC. Either way, replacing those fans costs money so it will be much more expensive than Silver Arrow because Silver Arrow has two TY-140 fans already included in the price (and they don't have to be replaced because they're near silent even if running at their maximum speed).

I very much doubt those fans you mentioned can help to improve the cooling performance of the H60 enough to justify the price difference. There's also a 1450 rpm version of the Scythe Slip Stream 140 mm Kazemaru2 fan, you know. Putting two of those on Silver Arrow would more or less eliminate the price difference and at the same time also it would make the Silver Arrow still beat the H60. So it's pointless. Unless your case has limited interior space or whatever, there simply is no excuse.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I loved my H80 :wanker:

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Load Voltage and VTT voltage?

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    yeah if I buy a silver arrow will the company buy gas for my car for a year? if so Im in

17. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    other than finding it is harder than **** these days?
    That wasn't supposed to be about the H60, it was general fan performance on a radiator.
    anyway i don't want this stuck in the middle of my case so i'll take the slightly more expensive water cooling over this:
    [​IMG]
    any day of the week.

Also if i were to upgrade to any sort of cooling solution past my h50 its gonna be a triple rad loop. No more chunky metal sitting on my mobo.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And with processors running as cool as they do these days, you will really struggle to find the heat limit with an H60, and those that do are about 1% of enthusiasts , so for 99.9% of people and H60 will allow a very decent O/C and still run very cool and quiet without bending the motherboard.

19. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    this generally depends on the radiator and its fin configuration. the design of my h70 works better with high static pressure moderate flow fans, whereas the h50 works better with high flow fans.

personally, i'd say get the antec 620 instead. it uses more flexible rubber hosing with the third gen asetek waterblock and pump combo.

on my h70, the default fans were crazy noisy. i ended up replacing them with zalman f3-fdb fans, these fans have more static pressure at a slightly higher flow rate but at a lower rpm and with much less noise.

however, i can safely say that static pressure still only helps so much. ive tested my fan setup on my h70 with the zalman fans running at 600rpm and at 1500rpm, the temperature difference was only 3-4C. i dunno about you, but im fine with my CPU running 3-4C hotter just to get everything dead silent.

20. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    http://io9.com/5805125/the-scientific-reasons-why-the-honey-badger-doesnt-have-to-give-a-st