Dead Island - Now also Redux

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BlueStinger, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Chrome is a pretty average engine even on the PC in my opinion - object pop in of grass and trees, horrible low-res shadows and lousy anti-aliasing support plagued Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood/Cartel, Sniper: Elite and that rubbishy PURE-style racer which I can't remember the title of. I doubt Dead Island will look that much better on the PC bar the higher resolution and improved framerate as the stiff animation and bug-eyed character models will be the same as the console versions. I'm actually quite disappointed with what I've seen of it in video reviews, especially after all the hype following the trailer.

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

lol so true, + aniso bilinear filtering on top of that, you can't change it even in cfg.ini files it still reverts to plain aniso bilinear., once failed always fail.

heh If i'm gonna buy this, im gonna when its in the cheaper section, until then they can keep their crappy engine, Crysis wannabe look a like or not.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    EG, as in Eurogamer?
    If I went by there reviews, I'd own almost nothing game wise. While I hate reviews in general (I don't need someone else telling me their opinion as if it's fact) I really dislike Eurogamer's.

4. deets75

deets75 Guest

an 8 on ign is pretty poor by their usual "generous" reviews

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Need I remind people that EG gave Boiling Point an 8 and we all know how bug infested and unfinished that was upon release. It was still a great game though and I'm expecting something similar from this.

Techland are one of my favourite devs so I'm not gonna let a few bad reviews stop me buying it or looking forward to it. Also I'll gladly coop your face Biggy! Ooooo yeahhh! :D

6. deets75

deets75 Guest

I have the feeling those that pre order or dont care about the flaws will end up "loving" it

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well I trust Eurogamer, Damien Azreal, as they're harsh but fair with their reviews for the most part. If they gave a game 7/10 or higher then I know it's a good game (assuming I like the genre, obviously).

Rage is out next month anyway so I'm more than happy to wait for that considering it's a similar kind of game to Dead Island anyway.

8. deets75

deets75 Guest

tired of zombie games anyway :D

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That's fine. :)
    I'm just not a fan of reviews at all. No matter what site/magazine it comes from.
    And it annoys me when a game comes out, gets some bad scores and people throw them around like they are one hundred percent fact. A review is just that guys opinion... just put out there for everyone to see.

Personally, I'd rather go by word of mouth from people I know and trust, that have similar taste as myself.
    In days where Call of Duty and HALO games get near flawless reviews, but games like Singularity get average to meh scores.... it's no wonder I don't trust reviews.

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Agreed. On the internets word of mouth between gamers is king, not reviews. Besides Techland have always been a semi-niche developer with everything from Chrome to Xpand Rally And Call of Juarez finding very different hardcore fans from the norm. I can see Dead Island following a fairly similar path.

Looking forward to getting together with some of you guys and storming the beaches of blood and undead!

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I have to fill a month with some games before Oct 4. I think It's going to be one.. I think.

12. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Reviews are starting to come out and they've been getting 8-7-6s but the ones with 8-7s are more for graphical issues and on top of that they played it on the console and the ones who gave it a 6 don't even like "RPG" type games or rpg elements in the games so I dont even know why they let them review the game lol. But pretty much the game is said to be like fallout3/borderlands meets l4d not on the graphics part but more for the gameplay/elements. Also I think its beneficial if you play the game with friends to be on the same level as I think there will be zomebie levels and you dont want someone that is level cap taking away all the fun :p, most likely you can make more than one character etc..

The game is not even out yet and they're already going to release a patch which they worked on after reading some reviews ones which include they added a 5 minute before your friends can pick up your thrown items (you can pick it up instantly) to prevent item looting/theft etc.. and one thing that I didn't know about that they have is new game plus which will make the game probably harder and have better lewts >D.

Taken from: http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-the-list-of-fixes-in-dead-island-s-day-one-patch--210646.phtml

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

14. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
  15. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    link isn't working says invalid board?

16. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    They must of taken the post down because its within 1 hour and 40 minutes close to the release date for the those in the us.

17. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Downloading from "Steam"ing pile right now.

I've read some of the reviews, and it looks pretty good so far. I've been looking forward to a good zombie game. L4D has its place...but it's gets very boring/repetitive after a while.

18. humonculus1987

humonculus1987 Banned

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    Its NOTHING like L4D. Why do people keep comparing it? L4D is a straight FPS this is a FPS RPG with an actual storyline.

19. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    I'm not comparing it, knucklehead. I'm saying I want a better game, with zombies in it. But, I guess I didn't make that clear.

20. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE