Thinking of moving to nVidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by nakquada, Aug 29, 2011.

1. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    The only time I notice microstutter with CF + Eyefinity is when I have the graphics cranked up. Lowering the graphic settings usually resolves the issue for me.

2. Gavatron

Gavatron Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6850 @1ghz
    thats 1 step forward and 2 steps back :/

3. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Microstutter has always existed with multi-GPU setups ever since it was introduced with the GF6xxx series. It's a problem that'll never truly be remedied, it just comes with the territory.

4. ziddy123

ziddy123 Banned

GPU:
    Reads like a stupid post to me. Selling a card because having issues with CFX and then saying it sounds good to buy a CFX on one board? Yeah stupid is the right word for this.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Piss off and troll somewhere else smacktard. :wanker:

6. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Read the bold highlighted part people.

7. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Matrox TripleHead2Go - Is this any good?

8. Galactica

Galactica Guest

GPU:
    AMD XFX 5970 Black Ed.
    I have the specs listed on the side (5970) that is a internal crossfire and I run Eyefinity since the beginnings and got no issues at all including no ms.

Running BFBC2 smooth as silk with 3 monitors other than CTD but that is getting patched by dice in few days/weeks.

EVE - Online runs like silk also with several clients.
    Source games runs like silk other tha Portal 2/CSS that I tried last time. Was ms there when the frames got a bit low (28-30 ish) and that was only when some massive physics stuff got into (white gue and lots of liquid falling) but I think that got patched in both Catalyst Profiles and Valve.
    Counter Strike Source had few issues with ms when the frames were jumping from 100-300fps I used fps_max 67 or 100 and that fixed that issue.
    Minecraft stutterd for me when using high res textures (254x254) and the GLSL shader addon and not using fullscreen. Pressing F11 (fullscreen) activated crossfire and pumped the frames.

So I cannot say the drivers are crap, they are crap in Linux since I get Xorg loop each time I try to play EVE - Online there but in Windows they are working pretty nice.

Tried few other games in Eyefinity and never had any issues with stuttering and those who had got fixed by patches or drivers or fullcsreen.

I have every Valve source game and tried most of them in Eyefinity also Audiosurf and BeatHazard and never had any issues other than streched UI including Modern Warfare since Infinity Ward is blocking it.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  9. sprogis

sprogis Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD6950 x2 CFX
    Ok guys, I know this might seem alittle off topic, however it should work for your gaming setup. I'm not sure if any of you practice this. Well a simple registry clean/repair can help. I play StarCraft II. After an Fresh Install of Windows with all updates frivers installed. I do a registry clean to get rid of unused registry enteries. User beware of some registry cleaners that can destory the Windows registry. However, a nicely tuned Windows OS/hardware settings and clean registry can yield better frame rates at lest from what I have tested. Any thoughts?

I am running CrossFireX 2x HD6950.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    My thoughts? Sure:
    Registry Cleaners (other than CCleaner) are bad news, and cleaning your registry will have no effect whatsoever on framerate.

11. sprogis

sprogis Guest

GPU:
    AMD ATI HD6950 x2 CFX
    really, I use CCleaner now. uniblue was good. The 2010 verson worked the best. When 2011 came out it really mades things bad in Windows. You know if it an't broke don't fix it right?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  12. larsbaby

larsbaby Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX670 EX OC SLi WC
    A mate of mine is running eye infinity with 30inch monitors is having the same issue as yourself using 2 6950. He's got 2 6990 coming so will be interesting to see if that improves it.
    Yes ATi 7000 series will be faster but we have some wait before anything high end arrives. I expect only mid range to appear before the end of this year....but you never know they are all being very quite..

13. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    You, sir, are a handicap.
    Go troll elsewhere. In fact, all your posts are rubbish, you should be banned.

Also, for your information, muppet, crossfire via one card sharing a PCB and crossfire via dual cards are two different things. Why? Bandwidth.

Seeing as there are major bandwidth limitations between a CFX bridge and the two occupied PCIe slots, versus one PCIe slot with a single card internally connecting two GPUs, the latter doesn't suffer from anywhere near as much bandwidth limitation as the former.

But you should know all about bridges, shouldn't you, Troll?

14. ziddy123

ziddy123 Banned

GPU:
    Hello angry person.

* waves *

He has issues with cross-fire micro-stuttering and not all games supporting eyefinity. Nothing mentioned about bandwidth, which I don't care to know more than what you already told me, cause it's important for me to know this.

Also seems like a waste of time to get angry on forums... There are better things to get angry about.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  15. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE

Well if you don't care to know about it, why post in the first place? Get off the bloody thread you waste of space.

16. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Dude, think how am I feeling then. I'm dealing, not with micro but huge macrostutter. But what I can tell that drivers are better and better.
    11.8 had only minor fps drops.
    When HD 7000 will be released ?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I7 920 ? Very high specs ? lol?

18. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    This

19. nakquada

nakquada Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    An i7 920 at 3.8Ghz, 12GHz Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz RAM, etc is a very high spec machine. It's not top of the lot, no i7 2600K build, but still a good spec nonetheless. I can throw anything at it and never have a problem.

So, unless you have something useful to say, don't say anything.

20. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    yeah i7 920 are still pretty decent welll they are better than my specs anyways didnt go for the i7 becouse i aint too botherd about hyperthreading and 3d progoraming so i5 suits me fine also just couse a new i7 chip is out doesnt mean a i7 920 is not decent techlogy gets outdated all the time