AMD Bulldozer Pre-launch FAQ

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

With all the leaks and release speculation regarding AMD Bulldozer FX processors sometimes an employee can get a little agitated. Check out what AMD rep John Fruehe wrote in a FAQ on several forums...

More...

2. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    that made me laugh, in a good way :)

3. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800
    All that speculation comes from boring new games, i tell you, when you'r busy having fun you don't care about benckmarks, instead i test new games and i see the same pattern over and over again, i turn to hardware to see if there something interesting in the horizon.
    Let's do something else until review samples are at test sites.

4. Pilgrim1942

Pilgrim1942 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Seriously considering buying a spare Phenom II X6 1100T if the price drops when BD arrives, and just dropping it into a GA-990FXA-UD5 board.
    Perhaps Bulldozer will look a lot more tempting a couple of years down the line. ;)

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    really sounds like he has something to hide in a bad way, judging by all those negative comments. IMO

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    if bd dont offer at least a 15%-20% improvement over the current pII x6, then its a fail. plain and simple.

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea i lost most of my hope in BD when they commented on single threaded perf.

8. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    +1...

except from that, in general, something is definitely not awesome about BD...i didn't find any serious optimism about the new product to be honest...:stewpid:

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I disagree If its only 15%-20% faster, I consider that a total failure. I think a 50%+ faster chip is more in the sucess category.

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    imo it will be allot faster then Phenom II, actually rivaling intel 2600k but if it sucks in single threaded apps then its a huge let down..

Instead it should have been ultra fast in single threaded apps because of this 2 core in 1 design, but if they say if you want single threaded apps then buy 1 core cpu says it all, no?

I hope he was bluffing..

11. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    lol, make a post like this for see peoples speculate again about what he said then and seen Intel fanboy going back to the charge ... i really laugh..some are really unrecoverable..

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    lol wut? :D

idk if you meant me but aint no intel fanboy, im a fanboy of best tech for teh moneyz atm ^^, but yea i agree mostly i7 2600k/2500k users spit on Bulldozer because it will rival their Sandybridge and they're a bit scared of that..

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    idk if that was directed at me either as I do no fully understand your post.

14. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    who cares anyway

15. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    sigh...

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Even only 50% faster would be kind of a failure, as it has an extra 4 cores over the standard P2. Personally I don't see how they weren't able to improve the clock per clock performance at all.

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I did put 50%+ up. I do hope its way better than that. its better for cunsumers for some real competition in the cpu market. Imagine intel freaking out and lowering the SB k line $75 bucks for instance. $245 2600k and $145 2500k for example

18. ed6698

ed6698 Active Member

GPU:
    pile of crap
    I have been using AMD since the Thunderbird days and most likely always will. My current 1090T provides me enough to do anything I need to. I probably won't switch to BD right away, I don't need to. I don't do enough to slow this one down. Eventually I will go to BD or whatever comes afterward, when it comes time to upgrade another family members or friends pc. My 1090T is the best AMD cpu I have used to date.

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Nothing at all wrong with a 1090T, X4, or Intel 775 quad. They are dated of course, but they're still powerful enough to run games great.

20. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    I think he hinted that some applications will benefit from the architecture and some wont. Games probably wont see that much of a boost but we knew that anyway.