[newer dev] Geforce 280.36 OpenGL 4.2 Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by TheHunter, Aug 25, 2011.

1. GatitoMimosin

GatitoMimosin Active Member

GPU:
    msi gaming x 3060ti
    Best driver!!!!!!

me have gigabyte gts 450
    and for me
    this driver 280.36 is the best!!!!!!!!!
    not change more drivers
    borred of change and change new drivers
    THIS IS PERFECT FOR ME!!!!
    fifa 11 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good look
    mass effect 2 NICE!!!!!! look awesome
    congratulations nvidia
    the best videocards in the world!!!!

2. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Wow, it's not often that I see such enthusiasm about video drivers. ;) It looks like NV has at least one happy customer.

(I'm teasing of course, it's just that most feedback I read is of people complaining)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  3. randomhalt

randomhalt New Member

These have worked out good so far...no driver kernel crashes like the previous ones and good frame rates.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The Previous 280's had good performance for me aswell but they came with different issues. Got this 280.36 installed since it was posted here and havn't had any issues at all.

280.19 - Issue when exiting game the card got stuck in Performance Mode.
    280.26 - Driver Stopped Responding couple of times a day.

5. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    You guys seem to really have a problem with a a little bump in usage when using a browser? So what? I didn't notice anything in Nightly/Canary/IE9. And my 9600GT is performing great, as always :D

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    your gpu runs at full3d clock by default and no driver will heat your gpu like that, i know because my old 250gts was the same only P0-state full3d clock:nerd:

7. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    You didn't understand me. I'm aware that my GPU is always running in P0. I'm saying that there aren't any spikes in usage when I use those browsers. GPU usage and GPU power state/clocks are 2(3) very different things. Oh never mind ^_^

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    gpu "spikes" when it does some stuff, gpu monitoring detects that and brings gpu in higher P-state, correct?

But gpu usage is not the main focus here.. Its these fast P-state switches and sometimes it makes gpu run in P-0 state full3d clock for longer times and heats up gpu for no reason (this new monitoring isn't very smart yet and it doesn't know so good where the threshold is), your gpu isn't affected when it detects higher gpu activity, so nothing changes

Anyhow new driver with fixed P-state is on its way..:infinity:

9. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    I can say that with Chrome and these 280.36 dev theres no gpu spike usage, im trying it right now in this page scrolling like a mad guy up and down.
    The only thing that i see here is an increase of vram load, from 1% to 18% when scrolling.
    Im using MSI AB (latest 2.2.0 beta 6) with G15 lcd monitor, and so far the gpu is stuck at 51mhz, it doesnt switch to 3d clocks anymore.
    Awesome.

10. Bohi2_OGU

Bohi2_OGU Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    Yeah here too, its a nicest set till now for me. Browser works fine and in game too. I had some issues with my previous rig and this one pretty much the same, which was for sure driver related. And now all works great well maybe we got something awesome set of drivers right now released.

11. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Humm...i just stay with the 275.50 ones they are supernice for BFBC2. The versions up just give me bad performance... strange thingy! :wanker:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  12. Argineboy

Argineboy Guest

GPU:
    XFX R7950 @ 1000/1375
    280.36 still crashing/freezing sometimes in games but when i set the power management in nvcp to "prefer maximum performance" this solves the issues for me..

13. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    So what's the 2D thing for? I mean, is my card running at 3D clocks when i'm only using the browser?

14. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Some flickering in Civ. 5 when ever there is a cut scene for a meeting with the game lords.

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    2D freq. or P12-state is here for lower power consumption/heat.

And no adaptive app needs maximum full3d freq. or P0-state just for browsing, low3d freq. or P8-state is more than enough. Well like i said except those gpu's that don't have these P-states.

In games it runs in full3d clock which is how it suppose to be :nerd:

16. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Thanks for replying. So all these complains with 280.26 and high temperatures are related to this.

Which means it's also using more power consumption, right?

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    yea + making extra noise.

I wouldn't have noticed it, but i kept hearing my gpu fan just while browsing, then i thought something isn't right and i saw these weird P-state voltage/freq. switches and longer P0 states..

im at 275.27 atm and it looks like so, but mostly its in low2d P12 state..
    [​IMG]

vs 280.xx,
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

in both cases doing the same stuff, browsing this forum, replying, scrolling normally (not fast or holding it by the slider)

although these 280.36 are much much better..but still its not it, hopefully its under control in this September driver.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  18. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    * downloads drivers

"JIZZ IN MY PAAAANTS!"

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

LOL I was like this when 275.33 was released.

20. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    Scratch my previous post about deus ex HR not working well with this driver. A lot of people have crashes and freezes with Nvidia and Ati cards. Some sort of DX11 bug or something in that range.:bang: