Version 7 issue

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by i7GTX550Ti8Gb, Aug 16, 2011.

1. i7GTX550Ti8Gb

i7GTX550Ti8Gb Guest

GPU:
    Asus R280X 3GB
    well, i run both smp and gpu (gpu with the downgraded driver) smp at 0 so using all 8 cores now, added these 2 flags in the smp client slot :

client-type bigadv
    max packet size big

don't think i got assigned a bigadv one atm, (about an hour after i changed the "flags" i had a new complete wu in the smp slot) cause it will only take about 8 hrs to complete, and i would think a bigadv one would be like a few days or so.
    Ty for the help on this matter already

i found this by accident: http://www.overclock.net/overclock-...79691-info-v7-list-uses-advanced-options.html

[​IMG]

2. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    let us know how it turns out

3. i7GTX550Ti8Gb

i7GTX550Ti8Gb Guest

GPU:
    Asus R280X 3GB
    seems i indeed didn't get a bigadv one, but with your post i doublechecked, settings are ok, i did read somewhere that there aren't always bigadv or even advanced units availble, so i'll sit it out, meanwhile i am checking out what roject numbers are the big or teh adv projects, so i can actually "see" that i have another type of Wu to complete :)

And really a big TY for your help

4. i7GTX550Ti8Gb

i7GTX550Ti8Gb Guest

GPU:
    Asus R280X 3GB
    Found this thread aswell, so yes now i am getting confused.. https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/FAHClient/wiki/ClientUserGuide

sry

5. i7GTX550Ti8Gb

i7GTX550Ti8Gb Guest

GPU:
    Asus R280X 3GB
    untill now i didn't receive 1 single bonus point. so now i wonder, would i be better of stopping the gpu client in this version for a bit, and use all default settings for smp client? so i am sure that i start getting bonus points? or shouldn't it matter that i have boith clients running atm? i got 53 complete Wu's now, so i should have the 10 needed to start getting bonus points, started using the passkey from day 1, so i don't get it..

please reply,

me

or would i even be better of switching to 2 clients? 1 for smp and 1for gpu?

Edited : Seems i got bonus points, took me a while to ind where and when, but got em, so gonna finish the wu's i got now, and then start the client with flags i've set before (bigadv and max packet size thingy :) )sry to post this much, but keeping u guys in the loop to c wether i mess up or not :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  6. i7GTX550Ti8Gb

i7GTX550Ti8Gb Guest

GPU:
    Asus R280X 3GB
    so just reaasigned the flags in smp slot, smp proj6900 (7164 points) gpu proj6801 (1348 points) let's c how long this takes already

7. i7GTX550Ti8Gb

i7GTX550Ti8Gb Guest

GPU:
    Asus R280X 3GB
    euh... seems it's gonna take me 5.8 days, deadline is 6 days, and since not a dedicated machine, i don't think i'll make it, or should i wait for a day to c wether fah still needs to correct this info?

8. i7GTX550Ti8Gb

i7GTX550Ti8Gb Guest

GPU:
    Asus R280X 3GB
    Just keeping u informed, i went to bed when FAH said SMP slot would take 5.75 days, this mornin i booted up, started fahcontrol, it changed to 2.75 days, so i guess i need to give it some time to calculate the time needed to finish this. :)

9. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Normally, bigadv takes more than a day to complete. Sometimes 2 to 4 days of 24/7 folding without doing anything else. The only time where it takes less than a day is on a 48 CPU AMD Multi-socket system.

I would suggest that once you finish the current bigadv, you can remove the client-type bigadv so you will be assigned regular SMP WUs which will normally take a few hours :)

10. i7GTX550Ti8Gb

i7GTX550Ti8Gb Guest

GPU:
    Asus R280X 3GB
    i started calculating a bit, and since it ain't dedicated, it won't be interesting to try getting more bigadv, but no worries, gonna put all to standard settings, and keep folding from there, But i still got 1 question, what does teh max packet size actually mean? does it do something specific concerning what proj i would get and with that get bigger projects that aren't advanced? or is it just the max bandwith allocation kind of thing? (forgive me if i wrote this wrong, i am dutch speeking :) )