AMD Catalyst 11.8 WHQL (8.881 July 28) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 17, 2011.

1. stumpy6

stumpy6 Member

GPU:
    2x Zotac GTX 980Ti SLI
    Don't it say that there is something wrong with your pc if you can only use year or as you said in an earlier post 1 1/2 years drivers and majority of people have no problems can use subsequent drivers.
    Ive a 5850 and have no problems with any drivers. Im that happy with the card im gonna wait till next year to update.
    So check your hardware before you start bleating that people are disrespecting you, you idiot.

2. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    which driver do you use man? :):banana:

3. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Does AMD have a page where it explains all the 3D CCC settings? if not their should be I don't know what half of them do we shouldn't have to search other sites for explainations when it's their card and drivers were using:3eyes:

/rant

4. MrSean490

MrSean490 Guest

GPU:
    ref. Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Hmm...So I'm on a completely new installation of Windows (a day old), I installed the 11.8 drivers last night, games were fine, I deicded to revert back to 11.7 for certain reasons (unimportant here) and when I was uninstalling ATI drivers, the system got a BSOD, file culript was atikmpag.sys. I want to point out I've not used driver sweeper, or any other cleaning utility/registry cleaner. I've not mucked around with anything and have been completely safe. Sigh, ATI...Sometimes... :mad:

2nd try: Uninstall was a success, however I noticed this time it didn't uninstall as many things because it already uninstalled a few things last time. Infact, the resolution didn't change this time so I'm not sure...Anyway whatever.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

5. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I've had quite a few of these BSODs myself ... while watching videos on Youtube !!! :bang:

Not really while playing games

6. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    my problem with ati is i have to persist in using a january 26th release of 11.1a because i play cod bo

with every driver since then and i mean every set i get first kill or gun fire lag on the game i play 90% of the time and it makes the way i play this game unplayable , alot of my friends have the same problem , where as my nvidia friends only have the sound bug which causes gun fire lag but that can be sorted , not with any other driver than 11.1a with my setup

i bought my 6870 day of release and thought i would see gradual increases in performance and i dont see any , i am happy with it and every other game plays fine apart from bo , what is different with every driver since 11.1a which causes bo to do this , i wish i knew :bang:

7. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    In order to show 3D your TV use's 2x 120Hz signals so no your limited to 120Hz

8. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    ROFL a lot of what's been said in here would make it into the Guru3d vault of fail just for being so utterly stupid

the only thing I have a problem with is when AMD frig with opengl sometimes quake 3 will work flawlessly sometimes it just wont even display on screen (starts to an black screen) but other than that it's really been a good driver so far

9. rentalbrain

rentalbrain Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor HD 7950
    Performancewise this is one of the best driver I've ever installed but I observed 2 problems,

1.GPU Caps Viewer opencl gpu Julia demo sometimes locks up my system
    2.windows experience index does not complete because pc goes into "driver stop responding/recovered" loop while executing gpu tests

both of which have never occured with 11.7

but these problems are minor so I'll probably stick to this driver.
    Despite release note warnings, both stalker cop and f12010 works well for me.

10. Super XP

Super XP Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6970
    Ever since I installed the Cat 11.8, my screen gets really dark while playing Left 4 Dead 2. Doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it's a nusents. Lasts about 5 to 10 minutes, then goes back to normal. While it's dark, you have to strain just to see if a zombie is coming at you.

Also I have the Phenom II 940 Black Edition, and the CPU Overdrive tool within these drivers are locked, I cannot unlock them.

11. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    I play BO every day since the game launch and never see this problem reported by you . I used all drivers since the game launch. You tried to reinstall the Windows??

12. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    tried everything m8 and its not just me i have around 30 friends who play bo and all suffer from the same problem with ati , its mainly since sp1 on w7 tbh

13. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb

this stuttering in black ops is NORMAL, I have it, everyone has it

the game is terribly programmed

14. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    its not stuittering and no everyone does not get it and i dont get any lag at all with 11.1a , just as i said before any driver after that gives lag in various circumstances

15. WalterDasTrevas

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    The random stuttering is really "normal", is a bug. But this constant freezing hindering the gameplay, I never see something like that. Your PC is like mine, damn mysteries of computing. :nerd:

PS: Your PC have onboard sound? Perhaps the old Audigy 2 is the problem. Try using onboard sound.
    Since Windows Vista, my Audigy2 does not work correctly. When I migrated to onboard sound, the problems solved.

16. WalterDasTrevas

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    ADM, please, delete this post. Sorry.

17. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    yes i know about the sound bug , using 16 bit 48000hz solves the gun fire lag . i have used both my audigy and onboard , and with 11.1a all is good perfect gameplay , again any other drivers after that the lag is there , very subtle but when u play rusher 99% of the time and reactions count any lag at all is not acceptable hence why i persist with 11.1a

18. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    so put atiumdag.dll from 11.1a in the game folder & see if you can play with new drivers without a problem now

most of it is standard stuff found in every gfx card & a lot of games, & i'm hovering over the tooltips now & only the AF or mipmap tooltips are poorly worded (they should put the preview image/animation back)

of course i dont see all the new sliders & buttons, what's left that needs explaining?

19. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    The darkness isn't related to 11.8, I also had that problem every once in a while with older drivers. It usually happens after you get pounced/grabbed/pulled/whatever or when you die as an infected.

20. bolan

bolan Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 7950 @ 950
    Good drivers - I have less texture flickering in BC2. (Harvest Day and Heavy Metal)