AMD Catalyst 11.8 WHQL (8.881 July 28) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 17, 2011.

1. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Just when its on the desktop and when browsing the net using Firefox. Get random freezes and crashes. Have uninstalled everything, run driver cleaner and reinstalled 3 times, it still does it.

2. sephirothrx7

sephirothrx7 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6850 1GB
    I had some BSOD while using the 11.7 version but now with 11.8 everything is working fine.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    They probably do, as you only have to go into their driver threads to see that, their drivers just do not work as they say, and they do have loads of problems.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  4. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    My dear troll, I do not participate in this little war of brands, Im 35 years old and buy ATI because I like the price and quality. I have a AMD CPU. My VGA is AMD since R9800PRO. And Before, in the old times, I had a ATI RagePRO and a Diamond 3DFX Monster 3D with 4MB. Save your conspiracy theories to flamewar forums. I came here to ask for help and help, not to be attacked.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011

5. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    And dont forget RAM.. people underestimate how RAM can go bad very easily and even a slight movement with the case can make a computer crash (happened to me a few times) im told DDR3 is even worse than DDR2.
    I recently had my 4 sticks of 1gb crucial ballistix tracer 1066 replaced after i was getting some freezing etc and i dont have any problems like that now. I love crucial in the way that my RAM was over 2 years old and the RMA took less than a week and they dont even test it for faults,they just replace it for u and thats that. (and the free p+p :D )

People need to check the rest of their system before blaming drivers,take out the sticks of RAM and blow the dust out of the modules etc and just 1 bad stick can make ur computer a pile of crap.

I think RAM is the most dodgy component in a computer because there is so many contacts that need to be secure and stable in those slots ;)

6. WalterDasTrevas

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    Today, I reinstall Windows 7 and the catalyst driver without freezing. Now I need install Steam and after, I will test Black Ops Online again. But, my Memory RaM works perfectly with all new and old games and Catalyst drivers before the 11.8.

7. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    I wasnt directing my comment at u.. i was just talking about BSOD's etc in general.. anyway hope things are sorted for u after the fresh install :)

8. WalterDasTrevas

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    Thanks!!:)

9. WalterDasTrevas

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    finally

Finally Catalyst 11.8 works for me.
    Unfortunately Black Ops multiplayer have screen flashing with CFX ON, but with a single VGA, the FPS is very good.
    A fresh install resolved my system freezing problem.

10. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    AMD ATI AGAIN FAILED AND MAKE BSOD DRIVER ONCE AGAIN LIKE EVERY MONTH...
    if i havent 2 ati cards i dont believe those stories but its PAINFULL TRUTH!!!!
    iam now on 1year old driver for 5850 card...why? because every later driver is FAILURE for 5850

11. hectorjav

hectorjav New Member

GPU:
    HD 7950
    Working fine on my system

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Funny, ever since i ditched my horrible HD5970 and bought a GTX580 99% of my issues are gone, Hardware and Driver wise. Not to mention everything runs twice as smooth.

Was stuck with 10.10e untill 11.4 because of 99% GPU bug, and that pretty much meant i wasn't able to play newer games properly because the old drivers were crap for them.

So that's my experience with AMD. More Bang for the Buck? Sure...if you don't mind poor support.

13. bnmbnm

bnmbnm Guest

GPU:
    Asus EAH6850
    i use ati for long time and everytime i regret getting one.

benchmark and stuff ati is better, stronger and gives more fps per $ but drivers causing problems and bugs so i regret not paying more $ to nvidia to get rid of most bugs.

also antialias with nvidia seems little better but that's only for those who minds smallest details

14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Oi noob. Do you not read previous comments?? These drivers for the most part work fine for most people. I have no problems in my 50 odd games that I have tested in the last few days.

Seriously this needs to stop. Guru3d never used to be filled with this many people complaining. It's generaly the new people on here that complain. They need to get to know the REAL reason their system is messed up with the drivers (all the time).

I for one am sick of it. Like I said previous. BLAME SOMETHING ELSE like your PSU or YOU. Not the driver. Try a re-install or something.

15. ziddy123

ziddy123 Banned

GPU:
    +1

Though I blame their stupidity not their rig.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lol I just went from an 8800GTX to 6950 & already I'm thinking about going back to nvidia cuz I like their software..

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thats the thing though, some people never have problems, others do, and thats with either brand, you say you had no end of problems with your 5970 so got rid, yet theres plenty of people out there with 5970's, having no problems at all, its just how it goes, now you have a 580 thats running great with no problems, doesn't mean they do not have any problems, as you can guarantee theres plenty of other people out there with 580's having loads of problems, so why is there a load of em who trash AMD drivers constantly, and keep banging on saying, their drivers do not have problems, they just work yadda yadda yadda, its AMD's that are crap etc..., when going into their section, theres loads complaining about how buggy their drivers are.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  18. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    IntelĀ® HD Graphics
    Basically they both have their faults. Sometimes its driver related, sometimes manufacturer related, sometimes its user related.

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Is there a way to stop the swapping between 2D & 3D clocks in game menus?

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    not sure, but you can do with a few workarounds.

basicly create 2 profiles in ccc, one default, and one with 3clocks on always. then use radeon pro to add the game exe, and add the ccc 3dclock script as pre launch, and default as post launch.

that way the game will launch with 3dclocks enabled for that game, and put the default clocks back after you exit the game.

maybe im thinking to hard, and it can be enabled easier, i dunno.