Beloved 4AGE Toyota ill...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by mythor20, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    STFU, and GTFO...Jesus, what a moron. :wanker:

The quality of this forum gets worse every day.

2. mythor20

mythor20 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950GX2
    Folks, let me make myself clear:

Electronic Ignition CHECK

Fuel Injection CHECK

Pill Monster, if you had read my previous posts a bit better you would have read me saying that I cannot remember what things are called so stop pointing out to me that only carbs have butterfly valves, I am sorry, please accept my apologies for not making myself more clearly understood. I did mention that the valve in question or air intake whatever thingy is activated by pressing on the accelerator, did I not?

Just because I do not remember what things are called in my engine compartment due to the car hardly ever giving problems does not mean I am a complete idiot and don't know the difference between a carb and fuel injection (Pill Monster please make notes).

What else are you going to correct me with?

3. mythor20

mythor20 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950GX2
    May I kindly and politely ask you to leave this discussion, you are of no help to me here, thanks anyway Pill Monster.

Thanks for insulting me yet again, very mature of you!

If I can remember correctly this is the Guru's Pub, not the You must state everything correctly and be a motor mechanic of many years forum?

Why do you have to be so nasty, get some professional help, please!

4. mythor20

mythor20 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950GX2
    Thanks malky, of course you are right, there will be some buildup, not sure of how much but I need to check the plugs.

I should then decide if I need to use a Seafoam alternative (haven't heard of that here) but essentially it is a cleaning agent of sorts correct?

I have used a injector cleaner a year or so back, maybe it doubles up as a spark plug cleaner etc. I must look into it.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Troll much? Or are you just an insecure know-it-all who can't bear to be corrected.

You wanted help and I obliged you, yet every bit of advice/knowledge I gave you was met with either an ungrateful smart assed reply or refusal to accept what I told you. Unlike you, I really do know my shlt...

Good luck finding help, you won't get it from me.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  6. mythor20

mythor20 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950GX2
    Thanks for going, pity your advice was based on making me out to be an idiot and proving me wrong.

You were of no help at all Pill Monster, you were to busy giving me a hard time instead of reading my posts a bit more thoroughly.

Reading your last post thoroughly proves you are arrogant because you know "your ****"! What a shame you could have helped me if you wanted to had you left your arrogance behind you.

I am sure you are a good mechanic, why prove people they are wrong?

Take care.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  7. mythor20

mythor20 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950GX2
    Ahem...

Thanks to all the others who kindly put their input into my problem, I really appreciate it!

I will do my best to post the solution once the problem is sorted, thanks very much again folks!

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    YOU WERE WRONG! That's not my fault...would you rather I fed u a line of BS?

Jesus you're insecure.
    I gave you correct info so therefore that means I'm trying to make you look like an idiot?
    Your logic is retarded, I was giving you the info you asked for, it's the reason you created this thread ffs. If you don't want help - DON'T ASK FOR IT!

You must be trollin dude..zomgwtfbbqsauce...

9. mythor20

mythor20 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950GX2
    You are more disturbed than I thought, why don't you save face and leave now. What is a troll and all those strange characters supposed to mean anyway? Is it supposed to mean anything to me?

Maybe you are smoking the good ^&%$, well?

10. malky

malky Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Check your plugs and look online for info on how to read them for tell tale signs.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/

this is the stuff I would recommend for removing carbon buildup.

@ pillmonster - I think the inlet flap refered to is the air flow butterfly before the intake plenum, and by carby do you mean prone to carbon buildup?

11. mythor20

mythor20 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950GX2
    Thanks malky, I must check the plug to see how they are looking, I have colour photos in my Haynes manual to refer to.

Pill Monster, can we still be friends?

12. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Is it possible your coolant is gelling? You said it never warms up... and its winter. My honda has a hell of a time starting during the winter. I end up having to start it multiple times and having to rev it while starting it to get it to idle without dying. Maybe you should try 5W-30 oil and some more ethylene glycol in the coolant?

13. mythor20

mythor20 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950GX2
    Scoter man, thanks for your reply but the engine does not warm up enough due to the fact that I only travel about 2km's if that to work in the mornings the engine has not enough time to get warm (normal operating temp).

My coolant is due to be replaced but the winter temps rarely drop below freezing luckily and even so there are no problems with starting in the mornings...

I use the genuine Toyota coolant as I have done so for 18 years now but I really I want to figure out what this new problem is, how much it will cost because I have everyone wanting to buy the car, the police pull me off the motorways (I get so scared) then ask me to sell them the vehicle LOL! If the repair is very costly, maybe I should sell my baby sniff sob... But what to buy with the low money I will get is another story, maybe a new scooter wtf?

14. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I would start by cleaning all the electronic sensors with carb/brake cleaner; as already mentioned it sounds like the engine is getting too much fuel and flooding after a short drive.

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yes, I agree it prob is the air flow metre....I had an old fuel injected ford that used the AFM reading to control the amount of fuel injected into the cylinders...

And by saying "Air Filter" I did not mean the actual paper filter that sits inside an enclosed box - but rather the air intake pipe that the open/close flap sits inside.
    I didn't think people would be that pedantic that I had to explain precisely the exact part of the airflow system I meant down to the last .mm.

Dammit now I've posted in here again......lolwutlmaololbrbotpcul8r

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

16. mythor20

mythor20 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950GX2
    Thanks for your input Pill Monster, is there something wrong with your keyboard?

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Just going to point something out, you can never "rule out" something causing a car/engine problem unless it's been recently replaced and known to work. So unless you have a whole new fuel injection system (which you don't) it's very likely that it's the culprit. I would suspect a sensor problem but it is an older vehicle, and the electronics are fairly limited on it. So the problem is more likely mechanical in nature. I've found through my own experience that the toughest problems to diagnose are always related to the fuel system. Your issue could be as simple as a clogged up fuel filter. That will cause mysterious stalls on a regular basis easily.

18. Gazebo

Gazebo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070
    Cannot be fuel filter, as car runs fine after its started. Clogged fuel filter means limited amount of fuel going into engine thus preventing it from running on high load/high rpm. And OP says its fine there.
    But definetly there is something with fuel and/or air as he smells unburnt petrol.

19. Azarobi

Azarobi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    this may be. had similar prob coupla days back with my ride. would start, splutter and die. turned out two of the spark plugs were cooked. changed all four. was good to go.

20. The Chosen 1

The Chosen 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 6870 MSI TwinFrozer II

This is wrong. My car has electronic fuel injection and has a butterfly valve in the air inlet. Search Bosch Mono-Jetronic (used in a VW engine). Probably there will be similar systems.
    They are not always located underneath the air filter because some engines have the air filter located away from the engine itself, not above it (again, my engine is the proof).
    What you might be talking about is Direct injection. That is different.