old hags can play games

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Year, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i can't stop laughing about this rofl!!!

[​IMG]

new neighbours, old hag rang the bell, my mom greeted her then she showed her the house, knocked on my door and presented the old hag to me (she's in her late 70s).. no problem so far..

except i was playing Wolfenstein 3D the last level so i paused and greeted her and then she said "ohhh Wolfensten3d, i love this game" , then she asked me which level i was playing, i showed her, the old hag said..

Hag - well, you missed a secret door i think, lots of gold in there

Me - where?

Hag - right there.. on the wall

Me - that's no secret door... i must've played this game 1000 times :rolleyes:

Hag - oh really? well give it a try

Me - i reluctantly pressed the key near the wall and the wall moved, inside there was gold!

Hag - see? what did i tell you?

few secs later, nice knowing ya blah blah blah and she left.

i laughed until my sides split, embalmed granny pwn3d me :D

[​IMG]

2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    LOL thats cool

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    lol thats awesome

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    haha i was very surprised (and it was a bit embarrassing) but she seem like a nice and smart old lady, apparently she used to play W3D with her son many years ago, its even more surprising that she remembers this stuff especially at her age when everyone else is suffering from memory loss and dementia :D

she's better than the internet walkthroughs lol

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011

5. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Dam Year you got told, i bet she is on the internet posting that she had to tell someone how to play the game

[​IMG]

6. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Old hag?

Isnt that a tad rude?

7. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690

8. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    The memory loss at older age usually shortens short memory and stuff which happened recently is something you cant remember. The stuff which happened like... 20-30 yeard ago, no problems. When you get older, it seems that it's only stuff which happened 50 years ago... Hard to talk with people who suffer from so bad memory loss, like "who are you", "say your name and age and who your mom is", then the reply can be "wait, your mom? she isnt 5yo anymore" ?

9. Kaktus

Kaktus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    haha, That's funny man. :flip2:

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hahahaha, Year thats awesome man!!

11. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Funny maybe lol but here in the uk, if you called any woman an old hag you would get beaten to death with their walking stick!

12. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Getting schooled by a pro :D

13. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lol saw her this morning while leaving for work, she was trying to move a few things all by her self, unacceptable, so i helped her with the heavy sofa and a few boxes, i also asked her a few questions..

apparently her secret for a strong memory is eating lots of fish and drink tea with Gingko Biloba extracts, at work i googled and i think she could be right, damn, granny knows more secrets than the secret intelligence service or something [​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginkgo_biloba#In_memory_enhancement

i shall start today with the fish and enhanced tea (bet it'll have the opposite effect on me) lmao

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    hehe old crone/hag is pretty insulting. very funny story year!!!

15. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Im not english or north american but to me "old hag" sounds at the same level as "biatch" (so it doesnt get censored) or something like that : /

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    no senor puta es malo es como "bruja".

17. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Pero old hag no es bruja. Suena como a "vieja de mierda" (not in the exact meaning but in the "intensity" of the insult). Puta sounds as agressive as "vieja de mierda". And IMO, "old hag" has the tone of "vieja de mierda".

But if you know what "vieja de mierda" means then you can tell me if it has the same aggressiveness of "old hag" because i dunno for a fact, its just my impression :)

Still, i wouldnt call bruja to (what appears to me) a nice old woman. And if someones call bruja to an old woman, probably is cuz they're restraining the "vieja de mierda" in their minds just cuz their education.

18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    it really depends on how you say it and what you mean, in this case it was just used as a comedy effect.

now most people mean Old Witch (vieja bruja) which can be a bit rude, but Hag can mean simply a lady that is quite old (anciana or vieja without the added bruja) which is fine. ;)

http://translate.google.com/#en|es|hag

i call my mom old hag all the time, before i go out, when i need something etc (totally normal)... "hey old hag pass the salt" lol

but i never use it when i argue or when i'm angry because then it might be interpreted as "old witch" and that's not very polite.

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    see i knew it had a folklore reference! (it takes an ol brit to know this, perhaps i was remembering some old tales...am sure its in shakespeare actually)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hag

p.s my mum would not be pleased if i called her a hag even in jest. but she is the POD so no other nickname needed.

20. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Thats really cool. Hey Year .... Is she married eh, eh, nudge,nudge.