A Gun Thread - Short Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by "Born"_*Leader*, Nov 19, 2009.

?

How many people here own guns?

1. Yes

5.2%
  2. Yes x1

5.9%
  3. Yes xMore than 1

27.5%
  4. None

61.3%
  1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    after taxes, dealer, transfer, and shipping fees. that about sums it up.

couldnt agree more.

i contacted heckler & koch about the original hk 91a3 and one of the reps said that back in 1982 when it was manufactured, it cost about $1200. the dealer in texas where the one i posted is stored, said to convert it over to the hk51 cost about $900 and he said the conversion was done sometime between 1984-85. so your looking at roughly $2200 right there for everything. then 1986 comes and BAM. everything made prior just went up like 10,000%. not actual figures, but might as well be. its retarded tbh.

2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    You might want to bookmark this page then.
    http://www.westernfirearms.com/wfc
    They seem to get a bunch of them, then resell them. You can even do two payments, but it's like an extra $1,000 on top of the price, but at least that's better than dropping all that at once.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i know about that. ive delt with western firearms a few times before. they are pretty cool when it comes to stuff like that. its the waiting game and the jumping through hoops that i have to play with the atf that can become a pain in my ass and they like to take their sweet ass time when it comes to "processing" paperwork.

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yeah it's pretty stupid, WW2 machine guns are the most inflated. An MG42 today costs ~$50,000

5. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    A guy just sold a really nice HK91 on a local website for $2000 including 1000 rounds of German surplus ammunition. Pretty good price considering the ammunition would cost you $400 or so and those guns never seem to be priced less than $2200-$2500. There is a web forum just for my area that is like Craigslist for guns, you can buy and sell privately and don't have to pay sales tax. There is always a wide assortment too.

6. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    [​IMG]

A tommy gun would be amazing lol.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    contrary to popular belief, they are akward as hell to shoot. well for me at least.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    my new toy. picked it up yesterday for $1050. came with 3x30 round magazines and 1x sgm tactical dual drum and speed loader

Armalite M-15 A4 SPR/.223
    [​IMG]

the scope looked cheap as hell. it didnt even have a name anywhere on it. not sure what the specs are but it had the mil dots, so i cant complain but so much. what i can tell you is it was no leupold, thats for sure. the bipod looks like a utg. not really sure about that. it did come in handy when firing from the mat though. after blowing through that drum and those 3 mags, i think i got my monies worth. will definitely play around with it more this weekend. i may check and see what upper receivers and stock packages i can find for it. maybe something dual or quad rail.

9. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    nice pic, nice gun. i am about to buy a p229 .357 myself and i was wondering about the grip. thanks for the info...

[​IMG]

10. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Thanks, some people swear by the new grips, they just weren't for me. You really can't go wrong with the Hogue grips; I got the grips and the grip screws from http://www.midwayusa.com for about $30 shipped if you are looking for a good deal.

11. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    22LR is _AWESOME_

- Cheap as hell

- Don't need ear covers

- Doesn't bother the neighbors

You can shoot a few hundred rounds, walk away guilt free.

$priceless$

-scheherazade

12. fxmercenary

fxmercenary Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC Edition
    This is My 1991 Super Soaker 50.
    [​IMG]

13. __hollywood|meo

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    im not saying rugers arent cool as hell, because they are. but i dont find myself shooting squirrels at close range very often...

$18.95 for a nice rubbery wraparound grip? i read theyre good for larger hands- im sold!

14. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    definitely not for amateurs :D

nice Ruger there btw.

15. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    I don't find myself shooting anything at all that's alive.

Doesn't mean that I can't go though a wal-mart $5 1000 round box on some targets and soda cans.

Way cheaper than practically everything else out there, by orders of magnitude.

-scheherazade

16. __hollywood|meo

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    hehe yes of course. 125gr .357 brass for .30ยข/rnd is cheap enough for me though! plink away buddy :p

17. midweskid

midweskid Guest

Damn, best gun hands down in this thread. Made in China FTW:banana:

18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    trust me, this is the best gun! ... butt plug included for free. :grin:

[​IMG]

19. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB

You are going to kill someone for stealing your radio?
    I see your location says LA but you talked about TX. I live in TX as well and the reason I do not want a gun is because what if someone did break into my home and I killed them, I really don't trust the justice system to let me free. I think it would be a huge hassle and I might end up in jail for self defense. That junk would suck..

On the other hand I could end up dead because I didn't have a gun to defend myself...

Another reason I don't get a gun is because that junk is too expensive as far as I am concerned. I do not want to spend $600 on a pistol that will sit in my house for 20 years and never get used. Seems like a waste of money to me. I'm 26 years old and never needed a gun before, doubt I'll ever need one. I'm just too cheap to buy one lol

20. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    lol you have some stubby ass toes ;)