Ever so good people thought you cheated?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by peanutmanak47, Aug 13, 2011.

1. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    So have you ever been kicking so much ass in a game that people seriously thought that you were using mad h4x?

Back in my hay day with Counter-Strike I would get called an aim botter or wall hacker. To me being called a hacker was a compliment because I was that bad ass. Guess it also means I needed to get a life though lol.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I Remember getting told to "Get off your 56k Modem" playing something like CS

Me and my brother laughed "Its a 14.4k modem" lol

3. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    yep.

CS, Gunbound, even the early games of HoN when map hacking was actually possible.

4. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I am always the worst player so no. I do however get kicked from some games for being really bad. :)

5. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Been kicked from BC2 servers on multiple occasions, which is somewhat annoying, because BC2 just throws away all of the stats you built up while playing if you get kicked.

I can't say I've been kicked from anything else though, because CS:S and Quake 3/Live were pretty much the only other multiplayer shooters I've played extensively, and you find much stiffer competition there.

6. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    If a game can keep my attention for more then a week then yes everyone will start thinking I am cheating cause how good I get when I stick to one game. But that doesn't happen anymore maybe I'm getting old but today's games are so generic that they bore me quickly and I move on before getting really good at it.

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I was banned from a lot of servers back when I played CS, I played for around 5 years both online and at LAN and could walk into any public server and just annihilate everyone. It's funny, I quit CS to play high end WoW which I also played for about 5 years before quitting. I haven't played a game for more than a month since those 2 heavy hitters. I kinda miss having a game to focus on but there's nothing that grabs me, maybe Diablo 3 or BF3 will fix that.

8. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    I remember it happened quite a lot with Halo PC. I don't really read in game chat these days though since it's mostly full of garbage and all the people I care to communicate with are on Team Speak.

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i'm the worst person in the world when it comes to multiplayer fps and only play FEAR Combat online really just to blow up enemies with remote bombs and mines, i even suck at singleplayer fps generally lol the genre isn't my strongest.

on the other hand i'm great at Civilization 4 or 5 MP and often manage to kick much ass and win mainly through sheer brute force (Conquest) while everyone else is trying to win a Cultural Victory or Diplomatic Victory, i was accused a couple of times of using cheats after i destroyed everyone and won, it's like they couldn't believe it, i was kicked and banned from a server, couldn't stop laughing. :D

i never cheat and don't mind losing but i'd rather play a fair game otherwise its not fun.

10. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Plenty of times. Generally i consider it a props.
    But one time a fellow league admin, in one of the biggest league in Europe for UrbanTerror, banned me from their server because he and his whole clan on the server thought i was cheating when i was playing there using a for them unrecognizable name.

11. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Happened a lot when I used to play CS and CoD (the good ones), but I highly doubt I have that skill any more. Too much WoW :(

EDIT: Funny story, near the end of my CS career, I figured I'd try out some cheats just for fun. My score was far worse with them than if I wasn't cheating. Apparently I suck at breaking rules ;)

12. notyou

notyou Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    When I was playing CoD4 on a regular basis, I couldn't go one day without being called a cheat.

13. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    Most games i get right into this happens, i remember it happening in halo ce (custom edition), ut2k4, cs 1.6, HEAPS in wow and now I'm climbing up sc2 ladder (had the game 2-3 months) it's starting to happen. I killed a highish plat guy the other night and he accused me of hacking to see what he has because every engagement i countered him perfect (mostly luck really). >< I find it annoying tbh.

14. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    Of course, I've been banned numerous times on FPS games for being an alleged "aimbotter".

On BC2 alone I've been banned from nearly a dozen servers and kicked out of maybe 1/3rd of the server I had joined for being a "cheater".

I've grown so bored of BC2 that I've become a greifer, trolling teammates (blowing up their choppers, spamming them with smoke, running them over, ditching a chopper full of noobs in the ocean) yeah...f-ck that game...I can't wait for BF3.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    happened to me the other day in Black Ops, got like 3 chopper gunners in one match and finished with 89 - 2 and I did not camp, seriously the other players were like playing against bots (which they were not, they talked back lol).

CSS, COD2, COD4 (has a few server bans from clans), MW2, Black Ops (also had a few server bans from clans too).

Happens, more in COD I find as those games are full of wannabe noobs who think they pwn but they simply can not aim for sh*t.

16. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    Makes me tempted to get cod bo (would have the most noobs?) when mw2 comes out for cheap just to let off steam and never die, but then that would only make me worse at games. lol

17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yep, when I was hard into BF2: Project Reality I got accused of hacking a couple of times.

They didn't know I'd been playing for 6yrs.....just sore losers I guess.

@Beast:
    That reminds me of a clanmate back in the Desert Combat days.
    He liked to drive round in a humvee picking up newbs, once it was full he would drive straight off the nearest cliff, bailing out just as it went over the edge...
    As he was not driving the vehicle when it exploded, noone could punish him for TK.... lol

Very naughty behaviour....but still lol funny..[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  18. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    i play as much AA3 online as i can,there are some hackers on there ,i dont see the point really, it doesn`t prove any thing apart from the hacker isn`t a team player and just likes spoiling the game for everyone else and just leads a sad and pathetic life

19. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Back in my days of online racing in about 2000 - 2004 , I raced MCM2 ( motocross madness 2 ) almost every single night. I could go sometimes a month without losing a a single race and get called all sorts of names for winning. My goal in every race was to try and lap everyone at least once including 2nd place. I held the world record on OLR ( Online recorder ) for about 35 different tracks for the fastest 5 lap races ( hotlaps ). Sometimes the top 20 guys would only be separated by 1 - 2 seconds. Sometimes it would take me over week to get that perfect 5 lap race and hold the record. I bounced around between 2nd and 5th place overall in the world out of a few thousand people who competed. I haven't done any ( or very little ) online gaming since then. Those were some really good times though man! Start racing in the PM , race all night and have to quit because the sun was coming up HAHA!! good times!

20. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    yeah in most fps games i play i often get accused of using aimbot or wallhack lol