Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Looking forward to it.

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

nobody is going to play this on the consoles. console kiddies have probably never heard of CS. and COD doesn't have much of a throne on the PC.

3. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    You mean migrating the 12-years old audience?

:p

4. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Now they're really doing everything but Half-Life :/

Still, it beats Left 4 Dead

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It has and that throne is made of money it makes.

But CS is still the most played online FPS, and that's without counting in the CSS who's only a little behind. So that's a huge legacy and if anyone can pull this...

6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Never played CS. Might get this one for the **** of it. lol

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I played CS for about 5 years before quitting, which was about 5 years ago so it has been awhile since I've played it but damn, I am so ready for a new Counter Strike game. A better anti cheat system would go along way.

8. LordSoth

LordSoth Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 8gig
    1.6 has better hitboxs over CS:S i think to.

There will not be a better anti cheat so forget that right now. That would mean getting of their ass and doing something usefull and that aint gonna happen, no money in anti cheat so thats that.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  9. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    TF2 is #1 now, check steam stats

10. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    As other have said it looks to be real, and I think this makes it official.

11. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    I suspect him referring to competitive, or competitive with cash prizes.

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    CS 1.6 + CSS is still more players than TF2, and TF2 only has that many because it's free now.

13. volors

volors Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Posts in "All News" channel about:
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    Show posts for all products, not just Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveFull Stories Headlines
    08:19VALVE ANNOUNCES COUNTER-STRIKE: GLOBAL OFFENSIVE (CS: GO)Announcement - ValveNext Gen Console, PC, and Mac Release Targeted for Early 2012

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO).

Targeted for release via Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac) in early 2012, CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched exactly 12 years ago (CS beta 1, August 1999).

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo 2011.

For more information, please visit the CS: GO Steam page

14. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well I'm ****ing stoked liked crazy. I've wasted many hours playing CS no matter which version it was and I'll be happy to continue on with CS:GO.

I haven't played CS regularly in a long time but I just might have to start so I can get good again.

15. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970

16. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    It's a good thing though, the competitive commnity behind CS was huge. It's healthy to have such a community and with DotA 2 coming up, Valve have got it set.

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    CS worst boring game ever.

If that's the best competitive mp game then i'm Jesus.

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It is the best competitive game. Just because you're bad or find it boring doesn't make it untrue. You can't argue with 100k players over the two versions per day.

19. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    No your not Jesus. Just an idiot.

20. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    well this explains why source has been gimped for the past year. i hope they use at least dx10 but dx11 with tesselation would be sick. can't wait to see this beast. i wonder what the new weapons will be.