London Riots...What the hell?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by BlackZero, Aug 9, 2011.

1. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    The states that have a Concealed handgun laws , The crime Rate is a h*ll of allot lower than the states that have strict gun laws on the books

We have around 2 Million behind bars , I believe that's state, county, federal all combined , 70+% are minorities ,

But we don't dare say anything or even try to debate it , Because there is always some liberal that well scream and whine and call out Racism , When people are afraid to debate an issue ,
    Stuff that is happening in the UK and the US well keep happening as long as they get a free pass

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    My wife just heard that the Childrens hospital in Birmingham is on lockdown as rioters are trying to get in.....wtf ill children are in there,seriously man the law needs to take this one step further,either tear gas,rubber bullets or live ammo.

Take no prisoners,no mercy,you break the law you learn the hard way,enough is enough.

On my drive home from the mother in laws you could see the police chopper hovering over the city center....

3. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    That's not how the media would report if it was somewhere else.

If it was, the media reports would be something like:

"The shooting of a man by the police has started a wave of revolt against the Police and the Government, due to austerity measures.".

I'm 100% sure. My country's media only says that when they're live and the anchor asks the reporter why there are riots.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It would be hard for them to report/spin it as that though, not easy to hide the fact they are not attacking the police/government, but shops, many of them small businesses so they can steal stuff.

Veteran, i hear rubber bullets are an option tonight if things get out of hand, real would be better, but the biggest issue is the fact a recent report said there were gangs of 10-16 year olds involved in much of the recent trouble, and while this needs to come to an end, shooting greedy children dead like nOv1c3 thinks should happen is a little too Burma for my liking.

5. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    That's kinda my point. If it was somewhere else, the media would spin it like that, because that's what's happened before:

http://www.euronews.net/2008/12/07/second-day-of-riots-in-greece-after-police-shooting/

http://www.euronews.net/2008/12/13/greeces-frustrated-youth-says-riots-no-surprise/

These riots also started after someone got shot. Looks similar, doesn't it?

Don't you people find it odd that this similarity hasn't even been mentioned in the media?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  6. Pete1989

Pete1989 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4870
    Anyone just see the interview with the kid on Sky News?

Admitted he was out to cause trouble then said he was just out to make money and to get pi&&ed! Said it was he way at getting back at the police!

f*&@(£g idiot.

7. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Sounds like the bobbies are being too nice.

At the 1999 Seattle WTO riots, the police had about 50-60 thousand people and they got rid of them in about 1 day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i see your point in regards to the youngsters but still man,something needs to be done to really scare them,i mean trying to get into a childrens hospital is dispicable,shops and **** are different but a "Kids hospital",i feel like going up there myself and doing something,not that i could really do anything tbh

10-16 or understand,target the bigger members with rubber bullets,watch them run and the youngsters will have nobody to look up too and they will soon disperse too,gotta do something otherwise it will carry on night after night after night and only get worse,remember the military is in afghanistan/iraq.

Edit : I was talking to my friend that came over from Bourneville as he works over here and he had to go through town,he said there was large groups of mostly black youths.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  9. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Makes me EXTREMELY glad my family and I live here. This would simply never happen over here. I would never move across to England

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Definitely, they have zero respect or fear of the police, and if they get away with it at this age, i would hate to imagine what they will be like when they are older.

I don't get why water cannons aren't used, its was fine in Belfast last month, so why not mainland UK?

11. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    ^^hosepipe ban..... happens every year!

12. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    Sorry I don't care what age or race they are , Once they started Attacking People Attacking and destroying whole business that some one has worked hard all there life in creating , They Put there blood sweat and tears into creating a business so they could provide a good life for there families ,

These Rioters gave up there Human rights and should all be shot on the spot each and everyone

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i know i'm talking from afar but damn they need to break some skulls,or at least not be so soft.
    they have to show them it will wont be so pretty if they want to go wild'in.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah enough is enough. i am amazed to see youths (well they seem to be teens to early 20's) being able to run around smashing things and setting fire to things and the police just seem to stand there.

i am speechless as to this policy...

wtf is going on. do they think that it will just blow over and lose steam. what about the cost in xxxxxx pounds...?

if there isnt some kind of investigation into this and the government doesnt lose some kind of face i'll be suprised.

not hard line enough for me. police/army/government sort it out. either use tear gas/water cannons/rubber bullets/physical violence and if they still dont go away...

declare bloody martial law and call in some troops. i'll bloody help if they are that sort of men. sheesh.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I think there just hoping for it to disperse like Mitzi said.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Agree,dunno about live ammo looking at it realistically but i think gas or rubber bullets is a good alternative.

17. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    Kicking off here in leicestershire town centre now over the past hour. Some stores have been trashed and one set on fire.

Looks like it's going to be another looooong night :(

18. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Prison time may deter people, but the All-mighty Cap-in-the-Ass is the best deterrent. When people have guns to defend themselves, the chances of people trying to pull muggings and such drop drastically.

19. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    And the number of people shot dead rises dramatically.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Mental note to self, avoid Texas if that is the general consensus, it's ok to kill children who steal you say, anyone shooting a child for stealing or vandalism has no human rights in my eyes and deserves to be shot on the spot, dissolved in acid would be my choice though, only the best for child murderers lol.

Could turn out for the best in the long run, if it doesn't calm down tonight, i think a much more hard lined approach will be brought in, the public is demanding it, and it may well open up a less politically correct and more efficient way of doing things in the future, wishful thinking though.
    I personally wan't so see parent and families of these kids jailed and made to pay for the acts of their children.

Still not made its way north of the border so far as i know, make into that what you may.