AMD Catalyst 11.8 Preview Driver (8.880.3 July 11)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jul 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

That explains quite a bit then, thanks for confirming - I thought maybe I had just found a unique "me only" bug. Makes sense now :)

2. Carstuar

Carstuar Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr III
    Getting the good old mouse cursor corruption issue with these, as well as 11.7 WHQL. It happens very often while playing Age of Empires Online, and it doesn't go away until I reboot.

EDIT: It seems to only happen when I have 3 monitors enabled. When I disabled the third, it went away.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  3. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Hmm I have the problem when I use the tesselation slider in ccc for crysis 2 I get pretty awkward graphical corruption on walls no matter what setting, even on 64x. Any fixes?

4. blacblu

blacblu Guest

You got more FPS on Bad Company 2 with 11.8 pre that with 11.8?

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Awful driver for Rift, coming from 11.6. I'm gonna try 11.7 now to see if they're as good as 11.6 in Rift.

6. leonmbj

leonmbj Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5850 1GB(OC)
    strange is my MSI afterburner with this driver

when windows starts, it applies my last overclock, but without the voltage value

so, the screen becomes grey after 5 minutes :bang:

7. RodsterPS360

RodsterPS360 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 w/ACX Cooling
    Per Catalyst Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator
    "We'll have a new CAP for Deus-Ex next week (used in combination with Catalyst 11.8) - which will give great scaling with CrossFireX"

Does it sound like 11.8 will release next as well? :3eyes:

8. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    That's what I thought as well when I saw it

I had hoped for it to take longer, probably won't be much different from the preview driver...And I wanted them to take their time to make wonders for the upcoming BF3 beta

9. blacblu

blacblu Guest

I would like a concrete confirmation about Bad Company 2 performance on HD 68xx.

Thanks.

10. ziddy123

ziddy123 Banned

GPU:
    Then install and play... No one else has your rig or system or your exact setup. Depending on someone else's experience with a different rig with different settings is pretty dumb IMO.

11. blacblu

blacblu Guest

I'm not going to install this bombs without certainty that I will get some FPS.

12. So Sick

So Sick Guest

GPU:
    twinfrII HD6950 1000/1475
    these 11.8 babies are so sick...my vantage gpu score is near GTX580 regions and I used a not flashed hd6950:

gpu score: 23919

http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3375892

I've had some geforces in the past and I think the main difference is that Radeons run all day long at high oc settings and geforces refuse to let you raise the clocks when serious gaming. their drivers have better stability as long as they are used by my grandma :sleep2:

13. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Then stop asking us if it improves performance, why should we stick our necks out for you?

14. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    It's hardly to stick necks out when they already have tried it, or? This is the main thread about 11.8 preview anyway, it's not as if he's asking somewhere unexpected

15. Valagard

Valagard Guest

That's not the problem I have with him

The problem I have with him is that he's asked many, many times. In that time he could have installed them, checked, and uninstalled them if they were not up to his expectations

Sorry I get pissed off at lazy people, guess its a fault of mine

16. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Actually, you're just being normal.

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I can't see the 11.8's being released next week, thats way to early, probably be around the time Deus Ex HR hits, end of the month.

18. Valagard

Valagard Guest

You know, when I tell my customers to try newer drivers to see if it improves performance, they will go and do it

They don't turn around at me and go "No, you first"

In as many times he has asked, he could have installed them and tried, 30 minutes tops to uninstall, sweep, install new drivers, reboot, try new drivers, uninstall new drivers if he didn't like them, sweep, install old drivers, reboot

Quick, painless, he's been asking for days what he could have found out in as little as 15 minutes

So yes, he is lazy, and yes, that pisses me off

19. ziddy123

ziddy123 Banned

GPU:
    Then stop asking. You must have one of the worst systems out there where installing a driver can be harmful. Sucks for you either you're a moron or your system is so bugged and unstable drivers are bombs for it.

ROFLMAO.

20. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    These + 11.7 CAP 1 have been working great to me so far on my HD6970 CF.

The games I usually play: BFBC2; Black Ops; The Witcher 2; STCC 2; Dirt 3; rFactor; Fifa 11.

No issues with them at all.