Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    So? They want to see how it plays, the gameplay relevant parameters (like bullet spread etc) are probably the same in the release and current alpha test versions. So they change the balance in both builds. Problem?

2. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Changing how many points it takes to get a ribbon doesn't effect the gameplay what so ever, it doesn't even effect how fast you level up why would you take time to patch that change into a really old build of the game a few days before it ends too?

Dice did this with the bfbc2 beta, lots of people were like no no the beta is a really old build final game will be different, server browser will be different, weapon scrole will work, mouse controls won't feel like a joypad ect.

nope final game was the same build as the beta, they released a day one patch fixing a few basic problems reported in the beta.

Remember is was a few patches down the line that we even got a half decent server browser and other stuff like weapon scrolling, and horrible mouse lag fixed.

Also iv got the game pre ordered the "alpha" is fun and I have no doubts the final game will be fun too but im expecting a buggy day on release with most of the same bugs in alpha in the final just like all other battlefield games.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  3. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    I'm simply repeating what I've read. The build I downloaded was supposedly made in February. This alpha was designed to test server stability I imagine, hence the stress tests. The newest build really only had a few weapon tweaks, and no bug fixes at all. I'm assuming they are wanting to carry over feedback to their current in house beta builds that could be part of the MoH LE beta we will see next month.

The squad spawning issue has to be server side, and has NOTHING to do with the new client update, so I'm not sure what your fussing about here. The client side update was optional, and didn't affect playing with old client players on any servers.

I don't think the release will carry over any of the alpha bugs, since they will have 3 months to fix the issues that have been reported. The only real glaring gamebreaking problem I saw was the game freeze issue with nVidia which is fixed by downloading newer drivers. The other stuff is minor tweaking, and can be fixed quickly if not already fixed in house with the latest builds.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  4. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Why not make a patch? ;)
    As far as you know, it could just require them to push one button and the patch is out.

5. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    I think a lot of what the alpha release is too, is marketing, its just adding to the buzz, giving the whole NDA spiel, and what not.

Its like when a night club makes you form a queue when the place is empty, its to create a "must see" sort of feeling. Good tactics!!

6. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    you spend 100M on advertising and such with your biggest rival about to release their game also and see if an NDA doesn't mean anything to you

7. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    aye, but its obvious that with the 1000's of ppl that get to try the alpha the nda is gonna be broken.... i mean in this thread alone, just talking about the game we go against the nda stipulations....

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ok i sent you a PM with details to play alpha.

9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    AHHH I saw your name in the pc spec thread I made in the alpha forum bit and knew id seen your name before now I know why :p

also I wasn't having ago at anyone, its just I'v been in quite a few alpha's/beta's where they say its a old build almost as an excuse, this includes DICE's past games yet its clear on release its the same.

I just hope EA isn't rushing them for the sake of *winning* cod to release date.

of course I'm hoping they have time to polish the game.

10. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3

11. Keno34

Keno34 Member Guru

GPU:
    R290 1150/1600
    ALpha is Over.....snif

12. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    Anything interesting going on this month?

13. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    deus ex

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    ;_; I miss my G3 and c4

15. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    Didn't get much cahnce to play the apha - but what i did play was good , pity it's over so soon , but never mind ... just picked up the witcher2 for 19.99 from blockbuster video - bargain!

16. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Guest

Am I the only one that wasn't particularly impressed with the alpha? Excess 3D spotting, damage imo being too high, constant crashing, next to no team play, I only beat the map once on offence and this was because we had a 2:1 ratio of players at the end. I barely finished alpha with a 1:1 kd ratio which was really frustrating. I put nearly 600 hours into BC2 and would consider myself an above average player but I just couldn't get the hang of this game at all.

Some things I did like we're the graphics even on low settings it looked good. Sound is very impressive but can be hard to distinguish foot steps or where your team/enemy are on the map.

Here's to hoping there are some tweaks for the beta, hopefully more of the game will be accessible ie; tanks, jets and conquest maps.

17. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI

it's all good :)

I really think they took the time to listen some of the changes made in the fps performance thread were actually embedded into the 2nd alpha release they had us download, so all we can do is hope that they do keep listening, damn what am I gunna do all day now that the alpha is over until we start beta testing..

if the alpha was this hard on good hardware, they have a lot of work ahead of them making the game run better for people who can't build or afford the boxes we all run..

cheers..

18. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Too bad that the alpha is over.I mean i only had time to play it around 3 times.Anyway my overall impressions as an Alpha release are really good,on my system cpu oc 3.6 i had around 45fps min with all settings maxed out DX11 on 1920x1080 res.I am sure EA will further optimize and work on any bugs before release date.I am just happy that us pc gamers are finally starting to see some real pc games not ports EA you have a definite buy from me.I just wished all companies based their games on the pc then port them to consoles not the other way around.

19. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    The metro level was smaller and mostly indoors was it not? They probably chose that map as it would run the best on more PCs--giving them more time to optimize the other maps for folks. BC2 ran fine on my machine, but there are slowdowns on some levels.

20. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Your using crappy oboard sound. There is your foot-step problem...what did you expect with onboard?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.