NVIDIA Inspector - Release 1.95

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Orbmu2k, Feb 17, 2011.

1. 1magus

1magus Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 460 1GB
    So I noticed that when I tested some of the settings you suggested for Lara Croft it definitely slowed things down so I knew it had to be doing something but it did not look any different than 16xAA with Supersampling on or off. I also noticed not with 16xAA Lara's Staff on her backed look plenty aliased. Is it possible for the Supersampling to try and do something but fail so it does nothing to the game but still slows it down?

2. 1magus

1magus Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 460 1GB
    Ignore that I did not have SS on it turns out. I just tried it out it barely ran @ 14FPS but I noticed a bigger problem the fire in the game was wayyyy messed up. I know my card cannot handle rendering @ this level but still why would their be messed up rendering?

I tried every setting I could maybe Supersampling is not meant to work with Lara Croft.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  3. Fr0stx

Fr0stx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780SC@1100Mhz 1.087v
    Thank for this superb tool.

I have to admit that the new MDPS function is simply amazing... I don't have 2 display, but my problem for years was that when I used Coreavc with cuda acceleration, P0 state would kick in even if P8 would be enough... along with the heat from GPU. Believe me you don't want the GPU fan to run when watching a movie!

This tool just solved my problem! P8 controled by VPU usage threshold point of 5% and now coreavc stays in P8 mode and to add to it, avi reading with directshow stays in P12 mode (was in P8 mode before).

Added to this, the fact that it load with windows in system tray...

Again, thanks Orbmu2k for shring this tool with the community!

4. Pedroshin

Pedroshin Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 SC
    Thanks for this very useful tool. Was really needed after nHancer stopped working with later drivers.

Something I'd like to know if it's possible is if we can export profiles from a 260+ driver and import them while on a 19x driver?

If possible we'd benefit from an "Export all profiles" option besides "user defined" or "current only".

Thanks

5. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Any tweaks I can try to fix this issue?The shader detail bug on the tiberium crystal ,top left corner looks like it's on very low.
    [​IMG]

6. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_detail

7. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    Anyway to disable hdr light nhancer had this option anywhere on this program ...

8. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Funnily, that section is now gone from the wiki, it says it was edited a mere 20mins before I posted this...

9. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Question. Is Nvidia Inspector's profile editor working properly with the new 270.61 drivers? I'm thinking of updating my drivers from an old nHancer compatible version.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Inspector works absolutely fine with the 270 series drivers as I've been using it with the 270.32 and 270.51 betas and now the current 270.61 WHQL drivers.

11. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Thanks Darren. I've now updated my drivers from 197.45 to 270.61, switched from nHancer to Inspector and from Rivatuner to EVGA Precision. Not that I expect you to care, but I like to fill my posts with relevant information. :)

12. GPU

GPU Guest

-not sure this is a bug but
    -your program reports

GPU 0 @ 1.000 v
    GPU 1 @ 1.025

AFTER burner and GPU-Z

GPU 1 @ 1.025 volts
    GPU 2 @ 1.000

-so who's program is switching the GPU slots as you both programs can't be correct.

-the card that's in slot 2 now runs a bit hotter.and ran hotter when it was in slot 1

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Inspector is likely correct in your case as I noticed when I had HD 5870 CFX that Afterburner always reversed the order of my graphics card: GPU2 was actually GPU1 in the top slot and GPU1 was GPU2 in the slot below. Made it initially confusing working out which was which until I got used to it. I understand that it's just the way the program works and that neither are guaranteed to detect the correct primary card.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  14. GPU

GPU Guest

-I just pulled the bottom gpu out , now both programs are showing the top card at 1.025v
    .where as inspector had shown gpu 0 @ 1.000v -now same card same slot ,not in sli shows 1.025 -so it looks like inspector is wrong ,as far as what card is gpu 0 and gpu 1

-funny 1.025v card is the cooler one ,hope that still holds up once the block's are on and in the system ,wouldn't care normally but it's nicer to have both card temps as close as possible in sli .

15. grooveriding

grooveriding New Member

GPU:
    GTX 480 Tri-SLI
    Can anyone get nvidiainspector settings to actually work for World of Warcraft ?

No matter whether I choose enhance application settings or override application settings, none of the settings take effect. I cannot make any base level of AA apply, ie 8xQ etc. I also cannot apply any form of supersampling or any form of transparency supersampling etc.

Basically, no settings apply in World of Warcraft at all. Anyone out there who can get settings to work for WoW, or is it just not possible ?

16. gstanford

gstanford Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080Ti
    basically you need to check the "Antialiasing Behavior Flags" entry in the profile and (probably) change it to "none" from what it was.

For reference you can see the entry set to none in my Gothic3 profile. If its not set to "none" the driver will ignore any AA overrides you place in the profile.

http://imageshack.us/f/851/gothic3.jpg/

17. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Hi and thanks for this nifty program!

Is there any way to import a profile without getting the confirmation box?

18. Orbmu2k

Orbmu2k Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    thanks
    its just notification no confirmation, currently there's no way to disable it.
    why does it bother you?
    its likely that the user wants to be notified when he doubleclick a *.nip file which can be assigned to open with inspector directly.

19. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    I created profiles for when I boot my system (lower power usage) and when I start a game(high performance). Its a bit annoying to have to remove the notifications each time.

20. Orbmu2k

Orbmu2k Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    why importing profiles each time boot/game start?

they are profiles, so choose your game profile, change setting and it will applied automaticly and dedicated to the selected game only.

import/export is just needed when you make a clean driver upgrade