AMD Catalyst 11.8 Preview Driver (8.880.3 July 11)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jul 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    what if you switch windowed & fullscreen, so the game reloads the renderer?

all source engine games are so incredibly buggy when alt tabbing...

2. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    AMD drivers won't work on your Nvidia card you fk'n moron.

3. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi all...

Going to install 11.8 drivers before that, does anyone knw where to delete "Saturation Settings in Registry" bcoz everytime i install a new driver the saturation settings won't reset , it will load the settings last time i used, even i cleaned with "Drive Sweeper and Ccleaner, so is there anyway to manually delete the ATI Saturation Registry keys.......

4. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    http://www.unawave.de/windows-7-tipps/32-bit-ram-barrier.html?lang=EN

You might want to check this, cough cough..

I have 4GB of physical Memory running fine with the above modified Kernel in Windows 7 32-bit, checked for stability with a few RAM benchmarks and even Sysinternal tools to fill in garbage values unto 4093 MB limit (I made sure to only check Physical RAM limit, not virtual_aka_win memory or even page file)

It works perfectly, anyone who claim's it doesn't..I will personally :whip:.

With /3GB limit, ah damn..I can say switching between Witcher 2 and desktops is super fast. (as Witcher 2 easily uses RAM more than 2GB_without the 2GB application limit and with 1 full GB to spare_after_3GB_app_limit for Windows Kernal_and_other_dependencies)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

5. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi...

well Installed 11.8 drivers , No Mouse lag but a problem with Vlc, the bug is back GPU acceleration enabled in VLc and playback of Mp4 files get flickering, it was fixed in 11.7b i can play any files with VLC[ GPU enabled] no flickering but 11.8 has a problem with VLc, im using VLC 1.1.11...... does anyone have this problem have to try 11.7WHQL drivers in XP......

6. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    What the.....

FACEPALM

Previously they had PERMANENTLY broken AA in Window Mode for DirectX 8 applications, now this....

I hope this isn't the case in WHQL drivers, with respect to MLAA not working in Window mode.

7. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    yes, please punish me! :D
    i will be switching to win7 x64, when vista mainstream support ends.. until then i'm using the additional RAM as a ramdisk.

-andy-

8. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    Has anyone tried these on the BF3 PreAlpha? I'm running tri and getting about 50fps and stutter. Of course... it's a rough build of the game, but just wondering as I hoped on the alpha for the first time with 11.8. Haven't tried an early vers. I'll do so. However, if anyone with a similar build has a driver suggestion that'd be great.

Thanks as always!

M

9. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Have these install right now and i left my CCC at default settings, but enable " MLAA " still get that weird text and seamonkey text and is blurry, but games are running smooth and looks great. I only tested APB reloaded at max, and it runs just fine.

10. yoe

yoe Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 2.15/11.1
    Ive got some white pixels around the screen at desktop with this driver (HDMI use). Crysis 2 performance droped here terribly to (but only when Catalyst Control Center is "on" in background, when off theres no prob~weird). Firefox browser working very clumsy and non smooth with this preview release. Back to 11.7 stable driver, clean install, working fine, no probs. Thanks for a links as always man :)

11. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi "yoe..

No problems here with Firefox 5.1 it's smooth with 11.8 drivers, i have other prblm with 11.8 drivers Gpu acceleration is broken in 11.8 with VLC, there was no prblm with 11.7b and Vlc 1.1.11....

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

Hmm interesting, is there a fix ?

Thanks for letting me know I`ll have a look at that, it used to do it on Crysis 1 but 11.6 fixed it

13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    the vlc stuff is probably cuz the preview driver is on a different branch than 11.7, & there should be a good chance that it will fix in 11.8 whql

but just in case, make sure catcreator knows

14. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    [​IMG]

3D CLOCK BUG HAS RETURNED

2x 6950 Crossfire @6970+

Amd/ATI, your Fkin Useless.
    this bug appeared right after bootup aswell..... Ahhh NVIDIA for me next gen.

EDIT: update : panic attack lol, seems the bug vanished once i played a game and went back to desktop then the 2nd GPU 3d clock droped to 2d clocks.
    still stupid bug shouldn't have been there in the first place.

15. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    Having ALT-TAB issues with Dawn of War II: Retribution with this. When going back to the game it often just gives me a black screen. Clicking in the screen does respond as I can see myself walking around on my friends computer (Last Stand).

Did not have this issue at all with the 11.7 "preview".
    As far as I am aware, my settings are not different than I had with the 11.7 previews.

Uninstalled 11.7 preview via control panel, rebooted, rebooted to safe mode and uninstalled card via computer management incl removal of drivers, rebooted and installed drivers (11.8 preview). Guess tonight I will try the 11.7 WHQL drivers.

Sometimes however it does work, but I have to ALT-TAB several times to get it working which really is not handy in a non-pausable multiplayer...

16. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Looking back at my own comment and others, the drivers are preview drivers..

Don't know why people are jumping to suffocate ATI/AMD on non-official stable drivers.. :infinity:

17. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    It's a preview driver so why are you all bitching as if someone forced you to install it? Sneezus!

18. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Are there release notes for these?! Does it have these same issues as 11.7 WHQL:

19. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    I'm not complaining, well aware of them being previews, but just checking if others are having the same issues. Also making people aware of issue that is found. :)

20. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    No clock issues here, both cards at 250/150 on iddle.

These drivers work great for me.