New driver - this week

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by CalinTM, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Ok, so you can take a picture from the same location shown on the youtube video,with msi afterburner stats.

2. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Sure I could, but why do I need post a video when I can just tell the truth and say I've never seen such issues.

3. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Because, without any proof, I would say BS :)

4. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Then continue thinking that. I have nothing to gain by proving this issue doesn't exist on my system..

5. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Ok, no problem.

6. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    The only issues I did have are related to DX9/DX11 and strange filtering on some textures and fences (which TheHunter and others have reported), but I don't even believe these are driver bugs. IMO they are Cryengine 3 bugs.

Edit- oh and I forgot to mention the 60Hz display issue.

Most of the above problems I have personally already found workarounds for.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  7. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    WOW you whiners are funny,

How many of you O/C your system and expect drivers to be compatible with YOU...............

Put your system back to normal and tell me you STILL have issues.............

Those of us that don't O/C don't have driver issues, so stop whining about drivers and figure out the right settings YOU need to set to get the drivers to work with YOUR system......

Remember that the techs working on drivers are NOT overclocking, they are using state of the art and are not working to feed your obsession, they are trying to fix the masses.................AND they don't have every PC build combo that is out there to test so lighten up!!!

8. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    No, the drivers do have bugs, regardless of overclocking. This is fact, not fiction.

9. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    I overclock and haven't had any bugs on any of the drivers. I don't know what factor makes bugs appear or not appear but NVidia's ManuelG was advising us to upgrade to the latest driver as soon as it appears and they went to a new major driver version to make it so I imagine a lot of the bugs that belong to some people's machines will be fixed.

Somebody else start the new driver thread early tomorrow morning. It's somebody else's turn. :)

10. krazyq

krazyq Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 FTW
    this might be off topic but this driver hasn't been released
    i had figured this problem out but since i reformatted my pc this problems back
    when i uninstall and go in safe mode, the driver reinstall a wdm version...how to stop this???
    i did the take ownership method and delete the nv folders, not sure if I missed something

11. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I overlock too and never had a problem except for fable 3 stutter on the latest driver :< which still isn't from the overclock :p
    Also someone posted ManuelG saying it'll be out later in the week :bang:

12. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    Go into Windows Control Panel/Windows Updates/Change Settings and uncheck where it says "Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates."

then click Ok.

Well, that will stop Windows from installing the Windows updates version of the NVidia driver but if you are talking about the generic Microsoft driver (and I think you probably are) then that one will be ok and don't worry about it. No need to remove that one.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  13. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    I guess The Witcher performance will improve with the new drivers. I hope the gpu utilization will get worked on in some areas of the game.

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I dont have the problem either. SLI issue it seems

15. pmc40

pmc40 New Member

GPU:
    ATI 6850
    if on win7 or vista goto windows folder,system32 and driverstore and filerepository folder and delete folders starting with nv and it will then only install the standard vga driver and not install the nvidia driver again when booted into windows

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    About Wither2

about BFBC2

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=204703&st=80

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Had HD5970 myself for 8 months. After 8 months of terror from AMD i decided to go back to green :) All issues solved and everything runs twice as smooth.

18. Domingo

Domingo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 (Gigabyte)
    I had a 5870 for a while and while I loved some things (mainly the HDMI audio and HTPC functionality) I hated having to use other apps to force vsync, and I always had lots of stuttering issues with older games that gave me more than 60FPS.

I love the Nvidia control panel to death but have been pretty disappointed with the audio support and random un-support for my receiver and 3DTV Play, which I paid extra for.

Things seemed great back at the beginning of the year when we got a beta (with new fixes and features) each week, but the last couple of months make me almost wish I had my ATI card again.

19. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    it's too long....
    I'm reading books for w8, but now, i want to play ^^

20. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    It seems Nvidia is trying to become like ATI :)