Fermi bios editor guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by civato, Jan 6, 2011.

1. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Final build send to Hilbert , let see what he thinks of it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    release notes:
    FermibiosCalculator 1.0.0.1 by Civato & Crispyi 2011.

This tool is a standalone exe , it will not install on your pc, just click the exe.
    It is possible that you need to update your pc to .NET framework 4.

This is a tool that makes editing your FERMI BIOS with NiBiToR easier.

It will calculate the bumped-shader according to the GPU you selected and which Shader and Memory speed you entered in the calculator.

It will show you which tabs you need to change in NiBiToR and what values you need to put in those tabs.

The values you need to change will pop-up , the tabs that stay blank you DON'T change.

All calculations done by the calculator are based on the NVIDIA default bios settings according to the selected FERMI model.

There is one exception in the calculator and that is the asus gtx 460 top directcu series with bios version 70.04.1B.00.02 ,GPU Device Id: 0x10DE 0x0E22 , ASUS ENGTX460 VB Ver 70.04.1B.00.AS01,if you got this card please select "GTX460 ASUS TOP" when calculating.

(I tested many settings and starting from the NVIDIA default bios settings gave me the most stable speeds)

This is a work in progress all feedback is welcome!

Take note that changing your bios settings will void your warranty ! and is not without risk !

Don't blame Civato and Crispyi if you busted your Fermi !

Supported Fermi Cards:

GTS450
    GTX460SE
    GTX460
    GTX460 ASUS TOP
    GTX470
    GTX480
    GT520
    GTX560
    GTX560ti
    GTX570
    GTX580
    GTX590

THIS TOOL IS FREE and my first step into making software!!!! We made it for you'r pleasure , enjoy !!!!!!!

CIVATO 2011.

Maybe there is more to come ...

Available soon.....

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    looking good :thumbup:

3. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    nice,

now this i call readable ;)
    its clear and nice..i can read everything...

just one thing...
    The memory speed....
    U nowhere state what ram (format?) u have to use...
    i mean, normal people will use lets say 4500 mhz for ram, cause thats the speed it says on the box and internet, etc etc..

but in, lets say GPU-Z it says 1125 mhz...Gpu-z shows a diff value u know..and afterburner on the other hand says --> 2250 Mhz...

u see what im pointing at?

what value we actually have to use..(format)
    Cause when u enter the REAL mhz value lets say 4500mhz. and u enter that then in nibitor u will crank up ur card..lol..cause in teh end that would be 9000 mhz ram...(im not talking about gurus here or others that know theyr hardware and history..im talking about people that just dont know this fact about DDR5 RAM speeds..

if it would be possible to use the real mhz (4500mhz) , it would be easyer to understand for most people i think..is it possible to do that?
    or to make a note in teh read me or app that will tell u that u actually have to use (lets call it AFTERBURNER Format) real mhz / 2 ..

u understand me?

thats the only flaw i see right now....

greetings Beta

4. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Ok m8 , I will add a tip when you hoover with the mouse pointer over the memory tab. (next revision)
    I use the same format as MSIAfterburner or like NVIDIA , 2100MHz is 4200MHz effective data rate .
    [​IMG]

GURU 3D download link here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=2743

5. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Beta13 , revision 1.0.0.2 with memory format and some new stuff is send to Hilbert.

Changes from 1.0.0.1

Link to guru3D added , clicking on the "warningbutton" will direct you to feedback forum. Hoovering over memory tab will show you what format the memory uses(nvidia format example : 2000MHz is 4000MHz effective).
    Some minor bug fixes.

6. shane_p

shane_p Member

GPU:
    590GTX HYDRO COPPER CLASS
    actually not true, or so my testing has shown me

if I increase my voltage in BIOS a much higher overclock was possible, that would just totally lock up before, as well temps went up, and GPU-Z also displays higher voltages
    however
    running say FURMARK will auto-downclock my FPS if the voltages are too high
    so u don't want too high of voltages, or FPS will drop (I use .988V for both GPU's)

2nd
    a lot of 590 bios's have 2 different voltages for both GPUs which cause instability, correcting that makes better overclocking
    here have a look, this overclock was totally impossible without editing the BIOS VOLTAGES (well as u see I set it to a permenant overclock to 700Mhz)
    [​IMG]

I even tried taking the voltage all the way up to 1.063V and it would take, GPU-Z reported it, and TEMPS went up, but OCP would just kick in right away, and FPS would drop, big time

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  7. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Ok thanks for the INFO !! Good to know this.

8. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Update fermibioscalculator 1.0.0.3

Changes from 1.0.0.2

Bug fix : when selecting GPU card first app crashed , now you get pop-up with error message "First type in your shaderspeed"

Putting more then 4 numbers in the shaderspeed or memory speed is not possible = eror message.
    Putting letters in shader speed or memory speed box is not possible = error message

The app will now always point you to the right working order , "First type in your shaderspeed.

No need to type in memory speed to get calculation of the shaderspeed and bumpedshader.

GPU select dropdown box is no longer editable.
    You can use the direction buttons to scroll true GPU select box and while doing the calculations are adjusted to the GPU you select while using the direction buttons.

New layout without microsoft windows border.

9. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    good to hear ur on track civato :)

looks all good so far...Glad u bugged the bugs out..hehe..

greetz Beta

10. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Update download Package

Download package is updated with updated Fermi Bios editing guide.
    New section explaining how to use new tool "FermibiosCalculator".

It is not in the download package , I won't do it for 2 reasons .

-Help Guru3D , Hilbert provided me with a DL so I believe out of respect to him and Guru3D it needs to be downloaded on that link.
    -Second reason the download link from Guru3d shows me how many time it is downloaded.
    If it is popular it gives me any Crispiy the boost to work on more stuff.

Enjoy !!

11. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Update download package

NiBiToR 6.03 is included now.

12. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Seems like Nibitor isn't support by Zotac Cards because it doesn't want to read my Bios.

It gives an error saying "Can't start driver: 1275"

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  13. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Hello, I need only increase the range of fan speed by 25-80% at 25-100% but these program don't work with the new ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 (​​non-Ti)... -.-"
    There is one that works with my card?

14. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    That is a program problem of nibitor : qoute from nibitor creator regarding this problem:

simply because we don't have a digital signature as we didn't want to spend money on something that should simply be allowed and not blocked by Microsoft. We did check at that time and for direct access to the hardware we found that some certificate is required, which you need to renew on yearly basis.

NiBiToR supports your gpu , I got zotac cards and no problems but you need to save your bios with nvflash or gpu-z and open this saved file with nibitor.

(sorry for late respons I'm on vacantion so .....)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  15. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    6.04 works with your card , you need to chip-in for that version at MKV-tech site.

16. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    I did not understand, I have to pay to add support for my card?

17. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Yep m8 the latest version supports the GTX560 but it is a exlusive version , so you donate something and they will send you the new version for personal use only. I always donate about 5$.

18. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    It seems that the voltage settings on some GTX570's and 580's is up withone step if you use Driver 280.19.
    Example if you set in nibitor 1.013V it will read out in software like AIDA64 and MSIAfterburner as 1.025V.

It is only when the bios voltage settings are not the same as the nvidia default bios.
    This is what ManuelG had to say about it :

Quick update on the changes in the way the voltages are being reported in GPU utilities. This is not a bug and actually corrects the way the voltage is communicated to 3rd party GPU utilities. The older drivers (pre-R280) had a couple bugs which didn't round the voltages in the Perf and CVB tables to the board values in the SW caches of the Perf and CVB tables. When those values were actually applied to the HW, they were rounded up to the correct board values. The new 280.19 driver fixed that issue to make sure that the code only cached the true board voltages. However, in both cases the values which are applied to the GPU are the same so the only difference is the voltage that is displayed to the user. The actual GPU voltage has not changed from 275.50 to 280.19. We have verified this ourselves.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  19. raybies

raybies Guest

GPU:
    Many
    Hello.

I have a MSI Cyclone II GTX 550 Ti used in an HTPC. I need to underclock it to silence the 300w PSU.

I've never edited an NVidia bios, can somebody help with the settings?

BIOS: http://hotfile.com/dl/128542752/37be678/GF116.bin.html

Settings:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can somebody help with the settings?

Current:
    Core Max: 950 MHz
    Memory max: 1075 MHz

Objective:
    Reduce core to 810Mhz (this is 2x the 2D clock)
    Reduce memory to something equivalent, maybe 1Ghz
    Reduce voltage.

Settings:
    3: 0-11 -- No change?
    7: 0-11 -- No change?

15:
    0 = 1620?
    1 = 1620?
    2 =
    3 = 1620?
    4 =
    5 = 2000?
    6 =
    7 =
    8 =
    9 =
    10 =
    11 =

Voltage:
    Setting 0: 0-1 = No change?
    Setting 1: 0-1 = No change?
    Setting 2:
    0 = 1v
    1 = 1.1v

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  20. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    So to make things clear ,what are the other components in the system ?
    The GTX550ti draws 115W.
    And what is the VID of your card , check with MSI Afterburner , unlock voltage monitoring and see what max voltage you see in the monitoring graf (when playing game ) or unlock voltage control and see what voltage it shows in the overclock interface .
    For the GTX550:

You got 3 power levels on your Fermi cards (some got 4 like the GTX4..and GTX590).

-2D level is Domain 3 in NiBiToR , you can alter the voltage to 0.825V (that is the minimum that Fermi voltage controller can go) so the card runs cooler when in desktop mode. (can cause stability problems , I would say 0.85V the lowest) If you want to do this you set voltage "setting 0" = tab0=0.85 and tab1=0.85

-3Dlower level is domain 7 (BR movies etc...) I would lower it to 0.913V and not lower.
    To this this voltage "setting 1" = tab0=0.913 and tab1=0.913

-3D performance is domain 15 (games etc...).

For the clocks , the stock clocks of you card are 950/1900/2150MHz (4300 effective Data rate).

I would first use MSIAfterburner and find out what clocks with what voltage are stable before you flash the bios.
    So lower the clocks and voltage in MSiAfterburner and see if it is stable ans you PSU makes less noise.

Finaly if you find the desired values you can edit bios , for the 3D performance clocks you need to alter settings in domain 15.

Tab 3= new shader speed (2x core speed)
    Tab4 and 11 = bumped shader speed is in your case the "new shader speed x 1.05263 = new bumped shaderspeed"
    Tab5=new memory speed (2000MHz is 4000MHz effective data rate)

3D performance voltage is in voltage "setting 2"
    There you put in the voltage that you use in MSI Afterburner in tab0 and in tab 1 you put a offset of 2 steps or more (example : tab0= 0.975 , tab1= 1.005V)

Some clocks that I think should work:
    805/1610/2000@0.98V
    750/1500/2000 @ 0.95V
    650/1300/1800@ 0.91V