Jeffro's " I'm a complete noob and need help" thread.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by JEFFRO503, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    Moot point whether he can afford a lawyer or not, that is his problem. I honestly wouldn't have anything more to do with this guy, seems he is not going to be reasonable anymore, and with the threats, just isn't worth aggravating this individual who is about as stable as 100 yr old nitro glycerin.

You sound like an upstanding guy, and is trying to do the right thing and owe what is due, but I don't think this guy sees it that way, and has probably whipped himself into an emo-rage of epic proportions.
    Like I and deltatux said, drag his sorry ass to small claims court.

2. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Not quite over yet. he will be here in about 45 min and HE wants the police here as well. He think the police are just going to come in here and take everything , and the cop already told me he can't do that. They won't get involved in civil matters.

What a good thing to start out with , and have it turn out so ugly. I told the cops he may have his gun with him , and things may get pretty serious. Without the gun....HE would definitely need police here for his own safety. It would be like Chuck Norris against an 8th grader HAHA! I'll keep you guys filled in after it's over with.

Then FINALLY....maybe I can start moving along on my build fer Christs sake.

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Just make sure you have a camera on hand recording everything. Keep him in one room and don't let him even go to the bathroom, just get him in and out.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Break contact ASAP. I would be wary of him coming round anytime tbh. Don't fret though, it's time for legal action.

Jeff, please list what you originally gave him that you already had. Take those components out of the question first. Continue to document and don't let up. I'd say don't answer anymore calls or emails or get into anymore fights. It will look like you're provoking him if you do.

edit: oops, seems like he's already on his way.

Keep cool Jeff. If I was you, I'd give him everything back that he bought and be done.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

5. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Ok....that was an awkward moment for sure. Him and the police have both come and gone. the cop was really cool and listened to to both our sides. Me and Nick had a few words and he said a couple smartass things that got me a little riled....but I kept my cool.

He's mad because I gave him the water tower back. I paid him $480.00 to build that worthless piece of crap...+ the cost of the full tower Antec case and PS. So I was roughly into that thing about $650.00. He knew he hacked worse then you could possibly imagine and then he refused to try and credit me the $250.00 when I gave it back to him. So....even though I lost what?....$400.00 alone on JUST the water tower.....He has the balls to say I should give him ALL the hard ware that is remaining......and he'll give me $300.00 bucks. He has no normal thought process.....even after I told him I have everything documented.

What a mess. And I'm sure he'll be sending me some crappy emails. I even offered for him to take the debate online and have us both tell our sides to the story....and he didn't want anything to do with it. Probably because he'll look not only stupid , but come out as one of the worst computer builder / hacks that's ever lived.

Sorry for venting guys.....but this whole thing has been a night mare for me. My emotions get to me and there are times when I wish I could cause a person some bodily harm and have it be legal. But I did the right thing in calling the police I think. There is about a 100% chance things would of went south.....and he would of had an extremely bad night.

My head hurts!

6. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Did the cop say anything during this "negotiation" process?

deltatux

7. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Do you still owe him money after all that? Or is it fully settled?

I'd say once this is settled name and shame please. We are all gagging to know who he is :)

8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    after reading the last 2 pages of this thread i realized i clenched my fists so hard ,my nails almost cut trough my palms...
    man oh man....i want to punch this guy in the face so much.....
    but it is up to you Jeffro to setle things up
    truth is he deserve that you start a thread of*praise* at his forum,so that people should know ho is he and what he has done...mother****er

i am telling you this because at work i had similar cases,when someone damaged high end components ,but he declared himself best man for the job...
    as someone told me years ago
    If a quality job seems expensive,please do try a sloppy one.

9. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Delta : Not really much at all. He pretty much just stood there and let us hash it out a little. Amazing how calm Nick was compared to his physcotic emails , texts and voice mails. I have 17.....yeah...seventeen phone calls from him right in a row from earlier today! He was flippin' out!

Stormy : that is it.....we are done and that was the last phase. He owed me $550.00 worth of stuff and I kept $538.00 of it. I still have in my possesion , 1 - HD 6870 , 3 - WD 640 Cav blacks , 6GB corsair ram , and a new Nostomo razer.

What i just gave back to him , was the complete water tower , all his used fans , destroyed MB and destroyed HD 6870. I say destroyed because he voided the warranty on them by drilling holes and removing fans and hacking things back together.

Check this out.....it was funny as hell. he told the cop " Do you have a 12V power supply unit in your car?"....... "I can plug this thing in ( the water tower ) and show you how perfect it is".

I came back with " yeah.....he can show you how pretty them $5.00 lights are that cost me over $600.00 for him to build the piece of sh!t!"

yep Nick....to bad it was the ugliest thing ever created , that leaked and had 1/2 a can of spray adhesive sprayed inside of it to keep things in place. Friggin' whack job!

10. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none

11. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Hehe, thank f thats over with.

Can get back to your other thread now :)

12. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none

HAHA!!....Oh yeah man , I know the feeling. I would of given him a little extra just to step into a room with him for about 30 seconds.

I know this is going to sound a little weird coming from me. But he's quite a bit younger than I am , and I actually liked him as a person. And as far as the technical type stuff he was pretty smart or came off that way anyways. But his building techniques.......well , look at the pics. he lives for working on computers.....so i don't understand how someone could build things like that and actually feel good about it.

Honestly , I know he is going to take a loss of $$$ on this , but so did I ! I felt kind of sorry for him in a way. All I know is , I can't get away with doing things like that on my job , so why should I let someone else do it to me. I think I had every right to return all that stuff.

How much do you want to bet , that he comes back and says I damaged some of the parts I gave him back? I took my time and was really careful removing all this stuff......way more careful than what he did putting it in obviously.

13. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none

HAHA!!...it was like a soap opera huh Stormy? I kept ya on your toes. One of the worst weeks of my life dealing with that guy.

14. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Mate glad u've got that sorted, put it behind you and build yourself a nice rig, u gonna try water cooling yourself or stick with air cooling?

15. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    Congrats Jeffro, I'm glad to see things are finally looking up for you.

Anyways as far as CPU cooling goes just stick with air, no need for that water cooling. I recommend the Noctua NH-D14, it's excellent.

16. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ Very true, I myself recommend the Corsair Hydro series, the H80 looks quite good, it is comparable to air coolers in itz installation but is a closed loop water cooler

[​IMG]

17. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Well , I might stick with air cooling , but that H80 is pretty friggin' sweet! It looks pretty simple , as in about the same as what an air cooler would be to install with just mounting the reservoir and fan unit in the back. I'm pretty sure I will go with a 2600K ( pretty positive ). I think with that , another 6780 in CFX , about 8GB of ram and a good board....I should be set.

OH.......

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. Since my fall out from Nick last night with the police here.....you can see why I wanted the police here. And HE was actually the one who called the police....thinking he was going to march in here and confiscate everything. He says he has OVER 30 hours of building and over clocking my computer which lasted 30hrs..........hehe , 30hrs?? What the hell?

Anyways , I can't read through all the stuff he typed , but check this out.....he went on a rampage last night and emailed me 17 times! >>> http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff407/Jeffro503/?action=view&current=Nicksbadnight.jpg

About ten of them were after him and the police were here. Now check this out......( out of the 4th email )

"Should you pay me what you owe me, find some free time, and maybe grauvel and beg for forgiveness....... a lot.............. I may consider rebuilding spitrod with you so you can learn how it works and how to use it and not break it again, but that's probably just the exhaustion talking, oh, and that whole 230am email thing, yeah, in court, it's not going to do anything other than prove i can still write long emails when i'm too tired to sleep."

I told you guys he named MY computer after himself. Yep....that is what he named it , "Spitrod". He still procalims it was a work of art HAHA!

O man.....this guy has lost it. I slept like a baby , because I know I'm right. Anyways.....if you guys are interested , I can show some more comments he made. It's mostly just a bunch of jibberish. Almost all of those are like two pages long as well.

18. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    genius has limits ,stupidity hasn´t any

maybe your situation/thread must be point at when someone starts to build a computer for somebody else.just a reminder of how things can go wrong

for me it is a reminder that i can do even better,i must further improve my skills and offer the best i can for ALL my clients,a reputation is earned soo hard and it is lost in seconds.

gladly you finally slept ,have rested and you can now focus on your own build
    we are so glad to help you out !

19. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    yeah , me to man. I'm actually excited about building this thing from the ground up. It may take me a couple weeks to finally get everything replaced and get it here , but the build is going to be fun and i'm looking forward to it. I have never built one from start to finish , so my goal is to do the best as possible.

I think the first thing I will order is my second 6870 so I have a matching set , and before newegg sells out of that model. I originally wanted to go with a set of Nvidia cards , but my custom computer builder Nick told me not to. Also tried like hell to go with the sandy bridge 2600K......but he shut me down on that as well.

I'm thinking about that Asus maximus board that Trumutton was talking about a few pages ago. The only thing is , I don't really want to use three video cards. I kind of wanted to keep just a 2 - card normal cfx thing going on. Again , these cards were not my first choice , but they are a good performing card at a good price , so they should be good until I do my next upgrade.

BTW....in the 24hrs my computer was alive before it took a dump , it had red , green and blue lights in it....looked like a friggin' Christmas tree! I'm sticking with all red this time , and not a lot of it....just enough to make it look good. I'm replacing all my sata cables with red ones as well. Should go good with that Asus board. Of course that new Asrock board looks pretty damn sweet as well!

I'll tell ya.....what is really sweet about this one...is I to pick everything out! "Nutcase Nick" ( << new nick name?) picked all my stuff out before....and never told me really what any of it was until he showed up here with that contraption.

And to rub it in.....when I get done with this build...I'm sending him some pics on how a complete noob like myself can even take pride in his work. I'm on a mission now.

20. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    You know how Hilbert has the "Rig of the month" articles he writes up? I'm wondering if he could do a "Worst rig of the decade" type thread. I think I have a contender for the title....or used to anyways HAHA!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.