Crysis 2 DX11 VGA graphics and CPU performance benchmarks [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jul 12, 2011.

1. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Yes, but that's not only C2 that suffers from it. More and more games with multi-players are being released without, or with an half-assed, anti-cheat.

It seems as if most developers has already given up on the cat-and-mouse games with cheat-coders.

But than again, the game distributors wants you to keep buying new games. Instead of playing the same game over and over. And not having AC surely contribute to that factor that nobody is gonna stick with multi-player for long.

2. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    ok but the extreme + 100% objects (indoor/outdoor) tessellation is important for future games but this game C2 has not 100% objects (only ground, gates and water) tessellated ;)

you want to test tessmark 0.3.0 - http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=342525&highlight=tessmark - look download and my post. :)

3. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I could spot the differences. Anisotropic Filtering was not enabled in the DX9 shots. :p

Hilbert's DX9 screenshot:

[​IMG]

My DX9 screenshot:

[​IMG]

The effects of POM and Tessellation are more noticeable during gameplay, but the game still looks and performs well in DX9.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  4. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Future games need future cards ;)
    Test with Mining your nVidia cards, and look AMD scores: nVidia cards are owned... Than? 95% of world users don't notice it, because... really don't need it!
    Tessellation it's a little part of entire image. 3dmark least don't benchmark only 1 feature...and yet often we talk about synthetic benchmarks are not valid in the real world.
    I can't buy an GPU card for benchmarking 24h/24h or see some bar upper than other lol...
    I bought several nVidia in the past, and maybe I will in the future, but I will try to stay away from smoke / marketing (aka Crysis 2 payed 2M by nVidia for broke AMD cards and unoptimize tessellation etc).

5. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G

I noticed too! They missed AF!!! :bang:

6. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    hehe

Overall the review didn't do the new DX11 features and high resolution textures much justice. Most of the differences in the shots came from the lack of AF.

7. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    I noticed a single GTX 560ti roughly sat at 45-50% of the framerates of a GTX 590. Would be interesting to put a SLI set of GTX 560ti's into the mix.

8. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Lots of complaints about SLI not working right. So far, NVIDIA has put the blame (or responsibility of fixing it) on EA/Crytek.

9. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    I can't seem to get the bokeh dof thingy working. At first I tried a 6950 and thought it was a Radeon driver issue so tried it with a Nvidia card but still no dof when using the DX11 'ultra' postfx. What am I doing wrong?

10. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    I couldn't figure out why my performance was sucking so much with my GTX 470!
    But after upgrading to the Nvidia drivers used in this test it runs A LOT better, actually playable on maxed settings with 1680x1050 screen res. :)

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    What were you previously using?

12. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
  13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

It might be worth redoing this now that AMD have the 11.8 preview drivers out. I'm seeing a 10% increase at max settings and high resolutions.

HD 6950 unlocked @900/1400

[​IMG]

And a video with new drivers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9tWOq1PxVo

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  14. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Wow Ati cards suck!

I am so surprised that these ATI cards are such poor performers at HD DX11 high res benchmarks! I just recently got a couple 6970's and really regret the purchase even though it was for a Crossfire only board. Not only that these Ati cards are priced higher than equally performing nvidia cards. Is it just me or should ATI/AMD HQ be saying 'Houston we have a problem'?!

Maybe its a driver issue. Wonder if the reviewer would mind retesting with the 11.8 preview driver?

Also how much vram on these ATI cards like the 6970s as they come in two flavors 1gb and or 2gb cards?

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  15. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    That's closer to a 20% increase from the original review/benchmarks. That makes me want to try the game again with the DX11 patch. :)

16. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Put it on 32x you mean for better performance or less?

17. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

My benches were at 1920x1080 whereas guru3d used 1920x1200, though i did have edge aa enabled. I also prefer the way the game looks with just edge aa rather than fsaa.

18. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Man it takes too much of a performance hit for barely any noticeable gain i'll think i'll to the vanilla for now