Custom computer builder....Terrible experinece.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by JEFFRO503, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Geek Squad : PC's :: Junkyard : Car

2. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    Upload some pics of the system...

3. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

I just went to it a few months ago, it is different. But, you'll find that is just as easy as XP, things are just labelled a little differently.

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Are you nuts? Yes i want my PC components to smell like sh*tty cigarettes.

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    OP in all seriousness ,enjoy your new computer , i know how much joy brings having a new computer...
    at the end it doesn´t really matters if it has X CPU or Y video card or anything ,it is yours to do your bidding,so have fun with it
    i say this because i see it almost daily when i give the new built computer to the customer....

:)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    dont run furmark for 24hr..

try unigine heaven 2.5 (dx11), 3dmark 2011, alien vs predator benchmark (dx11), 3dmark vantage, Lost Planet2 (dx11) bench, Stone Giant (dx11), etc, maybe even Tessmark 0.30.

Furmark is pointless unless you want to overburn your gpu.. any of those benchmarks/demos will show instability if any. Especially Heaven 2.5 with extreme tessellation:nerd:

7. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Got it Hunter. I have the DX11 heaven bench program on this thing already to , along with like 4 -5 more bench testing stuff he put on here.

Also.....I'll get some pics thrown up here if I can figure out how to upload them. It looks like I may have to put them up some where else first , then post a link? All those damn Steam games are still dl'ing now to.

Now....I kind of feel like crap. the guy just called me , apologized for being an ass , and wanted to double check to see how everything was working for me. I think maybe I was a bit harsh. I was tired , grumpy and just wanted to be left alone to enjoy my new computer. It was cool of him to give me a call and check in , and said if I need any more help he would come on down and help me figure it out.

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Sorry but I lol'd at all this raging. The moral of the story is build your own stuff. Don't be afraid to do so, just order the parts and slop it together, you couldn't do something wrong even if you tried. It's not like you can connect something backwards. The last time that was even possible was on some of the old IDE cables back in the paleolithic era.

9. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Ok....so I signed up on photobucket and posted a few pics there >>> http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff407/Jeffro503/

Hope that works. I just re-arranged the entire desk setup , and have to finish putting everything back together. Should be a good gaming center I think once my 3 monitors get here.

Side note: Steam is done with 8 out of 12 games , so I should be able to run the 3D mark 11 here in a bit. Do i need to change any settings in the bench test , or just click run and let it go?

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You might want to reconnect everything and try to make it neater. Personally I just shove the messy wires out of sight when I don't have a good way of making it neat.

11. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Yeah Neo , I need to clean it up for sure. I just wanted to basically get everything setup and see if it was working properly and then go from there.

12. dshramek

dshramek Guest

omfg...what a mess! It took him HOW LONG? I know absolutely nothing about pc's & I build them for myself & friends. I would NEVER charge someone for a mess like that. Dude has absolutely no pride.
    On a happy note, great specs & I am sure it is a beast.

But for pete's sake, clean up the wiring & improve that airflow...at least for the gpu's sake.

13. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Took him 3 weeks to do that? It only took me 3 hours (mainly wrestling with the cables ... trying to hide them underneath the motherboard tray) to rebuild my system today into my new Cooler Master case:
    [​IMG]

It's still messy, but that's because the molex power cable and the IDE cable isn't long enough to route through the back.

Jeez that guy is slow.

deltatux

14. dshramek

dshramek Guest

Mine took about 2 hours too.
    [​IMG]

15. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    That looks really nice and tidy ... is it just as nice and tidy behind the motherboard tray? What case is it btw?

Ye I might redo some of the wiring in a couple days if I find time, right now, behind my left panel is a kudzu of wires going everywhere ... just that you can't see it is all xD.

Looking at my photo again I notice a couple wires can come out of other slots than the ones they do now.

deltatux

16. dshramek

dshramek Guest

HAF 932 & behind the mobo is a friggin mess, but it doesn't show:)

17. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Speaking of which, I just finally finished my 920 and all its cable routing. I'll take a few pictures and post it in my thread to give you ideas.

@ Jeff -

I think you should demand that he come over and tidy up those cables, I'll be damned if you have any airflow going on in that case at all.

18. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    hmmm
    looks like i am a cable management freak
    joking aside this is my way of building computers for my clients
    i spend 2-3 hours depending of the specs/case configuration
    ps the computer is far from perfect ,the final product looks a bit more tidier
    [​IMG]

@deltatux ouch man you can do better at cable routing/management :nerd:
    just messin´with ya´:)

19. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    How can u stand that freaking bright red color ... ? BTW, make sure you have good security for your house ... because if someone breaks in, he for sure won't miss that PC .. ;)

20. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    it was client´s request....btw the picture was taken in my work cubicle,one of the many cubicles our computer shop has.
    altough i am not a fan of red colour,i build it with love. .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.