Mouse for FPS

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by HiDe85, Jul 9, 2011.

1. HiDe85

HiDe85 Active Member

GPU:
    CF HD7970 GHZ + HD7950
    Hi i want to change my mouse, i have the creative fatality 2020, and i have this options

Logtiech G500 68us
    Logitech G9x 78us
    Logitech G700 85us
    Sidewinder X8 75us

im in australia.

thanks !

2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Get the CM Storm Sentinel.

3. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=258_697_699&products_id=12867

I would say DeathAdder is the best fps mouse imo closely followed by the ime 3.0 at 500Hz but the G500 is meant to be pretty good if you can only get ones on that list, others looks weird to hold.

4. Nobody can tell you what Mouse would be good for you without some info. Personally, I use a G5 and the G500 is kind of like the newer updated version. It fits me well since I lay my whole hand on the Mouse and just move a finger when I want to shoot, I use max Sensitivity and keep my wrist/arm in one place for aiming.

People hold their Mice in 4 different general positions. A lot of mice are built to conform to those holding positions, so it depends on how they feel to you.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    G500 is good.

6. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Logitech MX518 is still the best because laser mice detect motion each time you pick them up / put them back down again. There's just no way you can aim accurately from a long distance and by pure reflex if you set your mouse sensitivity too high. Almost everyone always starts to use aimbot against me because they wrongfully assume that's exactly what I'm doing. But I never do, I just use my little finger to stabilize my flash aim on a semi gloss lacquer table without using a mouse mat or anything, with the mouse's skidpads removed and the edge of my palm that's closest to my wrist is what I press against the rounded corner of the table - which hurts the first couple of months but once that settles, if you have the reflexes, you're the king of Bongo Bong even when... xD

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Out of those options I'd say any of the Logitech mice and pick the one which shape/price you prefer.

Here are some other options worth looking into:

- Deathadder (Black Edition comes with rubber sides)
    - Steelseries Xai
    - Logitech MX518 (will soon be replaced by the G400) (The best bang for buck mouse for years now)

You might also want to take a look at this thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=335510

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  8. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    I like the Logitech Anywhere MX. It's a Bluetooth mouse with AAs so constant recharging isn't a concern. Logitech has a few mice now, this included, with Darkfield laser so you can track on many surface including glass which is a very smooth mousing surface to choose.

9. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs

If you like the 510/518, and want to stick with a reasonably small mouse that's easy to use with fingertips, consider the "steelseries XAI".

It's laser.

It's not a giant hideous bulky beast like so many others.

Has a high max tracking speed.

Good DPI range (up to 5k).

Has a nice dpi toggle where you customize the two dpi settings, no scrolling through a bunch of dpi settings you don't want.

As far as mice go these days, it's very light.
    Combined with the grippy sides, it's effortless to flick around.
    You can carry it between your thumb and pinky and you will NOT tire your pinky out... not even close.

Doesn't need drivers. No more extra processes junking up your system. All your settings are editable via a small LCD screen on bottom. Also supports multiple profiles.

I use it, and It's the best mouse I've had in a long time... probably ever.

Only thing I'd prefer is if it came in the size of its optical version, the steelseries Kinzu (same mouse as XAI, but optical instead of laser, and it's a hair smaller ... can you tell that I like small mice?).

-scheherazade

10. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    I love my G700, I upgraded from an MX Revolution because I just loved the feel of it!! Plus its Wired/wireless too and VERY responsive!! :)

11. HiDe85

HiDe85 Active Member

GPU:
    CF HD7970 GHZ + HD7950
    I had the ms 3.0 then the mx510 and now is the fatality 2020, i dont know the grips of them but want something similar to the crative.

12. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    in the last two years ive tried a coolermaster storm sentinel advance, razer naga molten edition, saitek cyborg rat7, and now im on a coolermaster storm spawn.

the storm sentinel and cyborg rat7 are good for their customisability. it makes it easier for you to find a dpi setting that you like since its fully adjustable. but i found these mice to be too big for my liking.

at the moment i prefer the storm spawn. it may just be using an optical sensor, but its a pretty top notch sensor. with the latest firmware, they reduced the lift off distance so it feels as responsive and accurate as my older laser mice. i also like the size and design of this mouse, it suits my claw grip. but downsides is there are only 3 dpi settings to choose from, so i had to adapt to a newer setting.

13. HiDe85

HiDe85 Active Member

GPU:
    CF HD7970 GHZ + HD7950
    thanks guys i think im going with the coolermaster sentinel advance, and STEELSERIES 4HD PROFESSIONAL thanks !!!!

14. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    MX518 is by far the worse mouse Logitech ever made. The mouse sensitivity botton always gets hit causing more problems in games then anything. Plus the mouse right clicker always died on me in no time. I was happy to toss mine away!

Lazer is by far the more presice way to game. Currently I am using the Logitech wireless Marathon. And I can assure you, I can snipe from far away! too...

15. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    Laser mice mostly just seem to have really high dpi, it doesn't make it any more accurate.

16. Alpha

Alpha Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6950
    Fixed it for you.

17. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    <3 A lot or laser mouses i have used have had a bit of a jitter problem.

18. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Lazer is less prone to dust. Optical always gets effected by dust and lint. Lazer does not from my experience. I was always cleaning my optical mouse but I have yet to worry about it with my lazer...

And I absolutly can not stand wired mice. Nothing more frustrating having to pull and tug at a mouse cord while gaming...

Wireless is the only way I game now!

19. Alpha

Alpha Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6950
    [​IMG]

20. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    Haha, when i had a laser mouse i was cleaning the laser once a week, never ever had to clean my optical mouses.

I know right.

edit: Last time i played with a wireless mouse i kept throwing it off the desk cause i expected a cord to be there to stop it lol.