Would you marry a servant/housemaid?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by kanej2007, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Guys, do NOT take this the wrong way. This is a simple discussion that my friends and I were discussing yesterday...

It was around 2:00 in the morning & for some reason I brought out the most strange and weird topic to discuss...

That was ''Would you marry a servant''

It turned out into a HUGE debate & we were discussing the subject for at least 3 hours...

60% of us disagreed to it for our reasons and the other 40% were with it.

We are not talking about hot sexy house maids or sexy Latina maids but to the general, average maids you find not in Europe but the ones in the middle east. Maids would usually be Filipino, Indian, Indonesian, etc....

Their English would be very poor generally & obviously the lack of education.

Even if she was an educated girl, WHY is she then working as a servant?

To the ones that disagreed to it (including myself) were because of the following reasons:

- A housemaid is of lower class/standards

- Lack of communication, language issues.

- A housemaid is generally illiterate & unneducated, why would I marry someone like that.

- A housemaid is generally not intelligent & knows FUKC ALL, what conversation could you possible have with a maid? Would you speak abot cars, technology, countries?

- How could you raise a family with a servant, friends & family would laugh & not accept it

- With regards to raising kids, what could the maid possibly teach them?

- Parent would be against it.

Difference with how the brain thinks, meaning compatability. Should you be an educated person and have good knowledge, the maid would generally have the opposite and the marriage is not likely to ask.

Now, for my friends who actually agreed and said ''YES'' they would consider marrying a maid were due to the following reasons:

- A human is a human, all should be treated equally, whether rich or poor, you should not look down on people.

- A maid could have some basic knowledge/education, then why not marry her?

- If she was a good/kind hearted person and you fell in love with her, why not marry her?

I cannot think of any other reasons FOR marrying a maid but have put the main three I remember...

Discuss gurus..... Would you marry a maid? If yes, then why otherwise if not, why not.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  2. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    errrrrrr not everyone is fortunate enough to have servants or house maids.....

I also think its a bit wrong to treat maids etc as second class citizens, its 2011 its not the 50's!!!

Also, the reasons you have pointed out, why is it just specific to maids??? surely any profession could fit into that category....

I think you may get a bit of flameage on this thread dude........

Edit: oh and yes i would if I was in love, thats all that matters, **** everything else!! Job title etc is irrelavent imho, if i'm happy and shes happy, then thats all that matters...

3. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    I am a Filipino house-boy married to a housemaid so I say yes :)

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Serious? You have a GOOD spec pc for a house boy!!! :)

Also, you are both compatible, both have similar jobs so it would be fine and you are both from the SAME country.

However, say you was somewhere from Europe or America, your not rich but average and come from an educated family and earning a good salary.

Would you marry an asian maid who cannot communicate properly and is unneducated and is of lower standards or does this not come into account?

Discuss guys.

Simple, would you marry a maid, yes or no and why.

5. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Dohoho

6. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I personally wouldn't mind marrying someone who has language issues, unless that person speak a completely different language, then obviously ....

However, if that person, regardless of their background, decides to make a living working as a maid or servant, then i would have to say no to marrying that person. I like to think far when i have serious decisions to make such as marrying someone. Having a familly where only the guy (or girl) supports it imo is not gonna go very far. I would like to have someone educated by my side because i believe the mother is the one who's gonna influence the kids the most ...

Someone people would say : "well you should marry someone for who they are, regardless of their race, occupation, experience etc." They would argue that's the definition of true love. I would argue that this is BS.

Before i enter a serious relationship with someone, i have to make sure that they have a good education ... because education defines how you are gonna live the rest of your life .... unless you get out of prison and wins the lottery :3eyes:

7. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Okay before i say anything, lets try and keep this cool ...... :)

That's exacty what i meant in my previous post, you are looking at how your life will be on Day 1 after your marriage. Think further, like when you have kids and they grow up, do you think you only would be capable of supporting him/her/them ... of course that would depend on your "job title". The education you get defines the job title you get and how you will live the rest of your life.

8. ibitato

ibitato Guest

If it floats your boat, then why not

SRLY ppl, if you love her , she loves you, you know her for long enough to know there is no hidden paths and everything works, do it.

social stratus an shi1t are just that , sh1t.

I am willing to give my life ant all my efforts to someone, to be happy, and have in return.

life is short , live it.

9. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I only say this love is love !

10. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    Honestly speaking I would not..But then again that would probably because I've never been in a circumstance wherein I would fall in love with one. But off h and I would say no..and yes the social difference is an issue (So I would imagine it would be a bigger issue with different race/nationality)

A lot of the caucasians coming over to marry the locals do marry those coming from the poorer areas though.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    In NZ there's no such thing as servants.

Culture differences maybe.....I'm guessing the class system is still well and truly alive in the UK...:3eyes:

12. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Well f@cking the servant girl isn't considered rape in the upper class. Just because it's a situation where she can't say no...

13. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Did someone forget to leave the 15th century?

14. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Well if she doesn't say yes either, that means you married a servant just for sex because you can't find someone better to have sex with .... that's why you're screwing with someone you feel is inferior to you without her consent ... (not saying YOU, just the person in that situation)

15. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Hard not to take it wrong with such a brilliant display of douchbaggery.
    I really hope you're a kid on Summer break.If you're an adult, it's in age only.You need serious help in the humanity skills dept.

16. Prodigy Freak

Prodigy Freak Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH6850 DirectCU/2DI
    Depends on how hot she is.

17. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    Ye have to agree. But why are we jumping straight to the marriage question anyway? who does that? If you were even slightly interested you would get to know her and take her out. So later on she wouldn't just be your maid, she would be your girlfriend. And then all that other BS you were sprouting wouldn't matter at all.

18. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
    Language can be taught.

Class can be taught.

Intelligence can be taught.

Love is undeniable.

19. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

That's pretty shallow, I can't have a conversation with beauty. If looks are your most important standard, I wish you well in finding your next ex-wife.

20. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    I know what your saying, but....when a drop dead gorgeous girl walks into a room, like victoria secret hot. NO-ONE can resist giving her attention, even if you just do it slyly, everyone wants to get an eye-full. It's natural, we are just animals after all. Does anyone know how intelligent she is? no. anyone care what 'class' she is? no. foreign language? adds to the appeal!.

We men are just attracted to pretty girls, it's not shallow unless you are so self righteous that you won't go out with uglier girls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.