Crysis 2 Direct X 11 ULTRA Package

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by giri.placid, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I never said that I don't notice them. I just said to get over it. You will sleep better at night.

2. Psycho101

Psycho101 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 SLI @ 850/4100
    He never mentioned anything about textures.

Polly edges can shimmer/crawl noticably with movement of the camera in games where aliasing is particularly prominent.

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Looks like an awesome project!!!

Less bright than MSAA, but, the latency is really nice!!!

Personally, I never use AA due to lag, especially when I play online.

4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    For me its not a compulsive disorder. Im just a huge, huge car nut. 95% of what I play is racing games. Ill have to post a screenie or something but cockpit view with no aa on my rig is just gross. Its a jag fest. I dont care about perfect smooth no jaggies. But I gotta have some aa. I take alot of screenshots, and videos, so I do like things to look clean and sharp for that.

I have no issues at all with Crysis 2 aa. It looks just fine to me. I never used an in the first Crysis or Warhead. It looked fantastic without it.

5. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    I see Jaggys everywhere, but I'm half blind and I basically sit 30cm away from my screen. I do miss the days when forcing AA would be enough.

6. dennymoofoo

dennymoofoo Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 570 @ stock

So because you dont use anti aliasing that means that everyone shouldn't? Man thats the most pathetic thing ive heard all week. People pay a lot of money to have pc's that are powerfull to obtain the best possible image quality. If people didn't still care about having their games look the best they possibly can, then everyone would own consoles and pc's for GAMING would be obsolete. Also Nvidia and Amd advertise AA as a selling point for there cards and if it can't be used by 70% of the games out there then its false advertising especially when you consider how much people pay for graphics cards. Also they are always brining out new technologies that enable higher levels of it and have been for many years. Why would they even bother if no one gives a s**t about it? Oh wait thats right YOU don't give a s**t about it. What are you some kind of narcissist? Does the whole world bow down to you and youre ideals? No, everyone is an individual you jumped up little *bleep*

Rant over.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  7. dennymoofoo

dennymoofoo Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 570 @ stock
    If you don't like blowjobs then youve never had a blowjob.

Simple :)

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Or they've never had a good one. ;)

But, that's way off topic.

9. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    i thought crysis2 dx11 looked crappy from the screenshots i've seen so i installed it myself. WOW crysis2 dx11 ultra looks amazing in motion, no lag on my rig. i might have to start over again.

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Nothing beats playing it yourself and having your own experiences... no screenshots will do that for you.

11. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Thanks for the rant...lol

FSAA is not a quality setting per say. It is a fine tune setting. Using FSAA does not change the way the game looks whatsoever. All it does it smooth out straight lines. Now you can argue all you want about this but it will not change the fact that the performance hit is not worth it. The only games that I can think of that you would even have time to actually see it, I mean, have the time to sit back in your chair and look at straight lines would be RPG games. Every other genre is a flat out no for me! Who has time to look at jaggies driving 200MPH? Who has time to look at jaggies playing Street fighter? Who has time to look at jaggies playing BC2? Who would have the actual time playing a RTS game online? Hell, going back to old school Quake3-who would have the time to look at jaggies playing that game?

Stop obsessing over silly insignificant things in your games and enjoy the damm game!!

As for vid cards marketing this feature, well of course they do. Without it what would be the reason buying a high end card in the first place? Think about it for a second. Think they can market 100 FPS over 94 FPS when anything after 60 is moot anyways?

Use your head man...

3dfx can up with FSAA and Nvidia ran with it even to this day. It was stupid back then and even more silly today considering we game is much higher resolutions these days!!

12. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Who has time? lol it's not like I'm in a hurry or something. I can constaly see jaggies when everything is shimmering in front of me, makes the whole thing looks very cheap

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    This argument has been done to death, no point going over it again and again as it an argument about personal preference, and not facts.

I would, and do lower texture quality and other visual effects so i can enable at least 4xAA, i frequntly drop to a vsync'd 50fps just for the sake of AA.

Would also be willing to run GTAIV at 30fps instead of the 60 i get now if i could finally enable proper AA, it really is that important to me, and the performance hit is completly worth it, others wouldn't, but each to their own.

Arguing personal preference is pointless and will only go round in circles.

14. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    right i have a night of gaming crysis 2 with high res texture/dx11 patch woop woop been on laptop for over 2week now trying to save on electric my pc feels like a super machine lol with it s 46" screen and speed

15. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Jaggies are actually even more obnoxious when things are in motion as a slanted line in motion is the one that "jumps" the most without AA.

So yeah, plenty of people have the time to do all those things while playing a game.

16. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    What a crazy conversation, AA is a must for me it cleans up the graphics and makes it nicer to look at, although *4 is more than enough for me anything higher at 1920* doesn't make much difference for me.

so it doesn't change the way it looks..it just changes the way it looks.... riiiiight :)

aa changes the way it looks in a more noticeable way most times than lowering other settings down a notch like shadows .

but at the end of the way what ever works best for you is the way to go :) I know I didn't pay the penny's I did for my pc to skimp out on image quality.

Oh and also one game that comes to mind that looked sooo much better with 4*aa is need for speed hot pursuit, without it everything from the cars to the scenery were jaggy and horrible it really ruined the look of the game for me (the cars in particular) aa made it look a so much better and at no performance cost (at least for me v-synched at 60)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  17. dennymoofoo

dennymoofoo Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 570 @ stock

Im sorry but you are deluding yourself into beleiving its not about quality. Gaming is not just about gameplay but its also about IMMERSION. When you play a game that has jagged edges everywhere it breaks immersion for anyone playing the game. We are heading into an age where gaming is becoming all about realistic experiences and anything that detracts from that takes away from the realistic aspect of a game. Whats the point in having the most amazing graphics if every line around whats displayed on screen is like a saw blade, that doesn't make any sense. If developers didn't care about graphics then they would still be producing ps1 style graphics even now.

"Use your head man..." I think i already did and i made you look like a fool. So shut the f*ck up and go back to your mother's basement.

18. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    As long as I am sitting in a comuter chair it will never be realistic in the sense that you are getting at. Every line isn't a saw blade, just a tad drama queen dude... I don't live in a basement by the way, I live in my own home and I'm not 15 year old.

19. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    First of al.l AF changes the way the game looks. AA dosen't. I find it stupid to turn down say shadows to increase AA...Shadows you see on everything, it is something that is actually notcable. AA is only something you can notice if you stop and really try to look for it. Secondly, how the hell can you notice jaggies in a racing game doing 200+ MPH? LOL you stoned or something?

20. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    jup. same prob here..i started crysis 2 with all updates and was wondering why the hell DOF isnt working at all when using iron sight...I tried a lot now but couldnt figure it out till i read ur post here..

So, on ultra dof is not there? why?
    i also wanna know whats the diff betwenn Post processing on ultra and extreme....

is there a command thats working (autoexec.cfg) to work around this prob?

greetz Beta

edit:

damn, i want MALDOS texture pack , when does it work with patch 1.9?
    The crytek texture pack is a joke, lol..the grass still looks fugly..