Jackass star Ryan Dunn Dies in a car accident

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by FaM, Jun 20, 2011.

1. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Honestly thought this would happen to Bam first, Ryan seemed like the more level headed one but apparently I was wrong.

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Bam is a big baby. I remember watching an episode of his show where he challenged Ryan to a race. Ryan added so much nitrous to his car that the engine blew at like 120mph.
    I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

3. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Hate to hear about anyone dieing. BUT it is true that when you get behind the wheel of a car after a night of drinking and do well over the speed limit I have no sympathy for you or anyone who claims it was "tragic". The only thing tragic is that he didn't survive so he could be punished for his obvious disrespect for life. In death nothing is learned except that we die.
    RIP.

4. pmanipole

pmanipole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970

Darn straight. Glad to see there is someone else here there is level headed too.
    Just pick up the paper any day of the week and you can read about some idiot getting drunk and killing some person who was just going about there life. Here in richmond we recently had a 17 year old go the wrong way on the Powhite and he killed two guys who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. the drunk of course just walked away with almost no injuries.

5. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    ^^^THIS^^^

I dont feel bad one bit.. They are all a bunch of loony ****s... I dont think there is anything they have done that is actually funny... And weeman has the biggest balls of all them...

6. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    I don't understand how people can tell others to shut up about how stupid that death was. That guy has no respect for his life, let alone other people's...

7. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    911 gt3.
    Rear engine, rear drive.

Problem with porsche's layout (in the wrd models, the awd fare better) is that if the tail steps out, you have to get on the gas to get it to settle down, and you just have to steer through it. No 'oops let me touch the brakes' - because that will just seal your fate.

It's not always a good time to get on the gas ... like if you're braking to avoid hitting a deer on a winding wooded road.

Short of the 911 gt2, the 911 gt3 is a car that's the most 'out to kill the unprepared'.

Something as simple as 'letting off of the gas' can put you into the trees with a 911.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kUF6EBIGJk

This accident can happen (and does ... often) to anyone in a gt3.
    Regardless of whether or not the driver had been drinking hours earlier (and regardless of whether or not he was sober at the time of the accident).

That said, the 911 tt (awd, a bit more tame) is a really interesting car, that I'm eyeing for after I'm done with my current ride.

-scheherazade

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  8. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Drinking and driving + going 2.5x the speed limit... about time natural selection caught up. I wonder how long till the rest of those monkeys bite it. Hopefully without injuring/killing anyone else.

9. scheherazade

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Worth noting that no one knows what his speed was, and he was drinking the evening before (no one knows if he was still under any influence).

His car (rwd 911) is affectionately called the 'widowmaker', for how easy it is to lose it.
    http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&...gc.r_pw.&fp=905e9081899b75b1&biw=1053&bih=823

-scheherazade

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  10. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    "A few hours before the 3am crash, Dunn tweeted a picture of himself drinking with two friends. The photo has since been removed."

Ya he was drunk.

But really this is big who cares.

11. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    oh well one less jackass in the world boohoo

12. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I still don't want to disrespect anyone who has just recently died. He does have a family. No matter how much of a wreckless fool he was on camera we have no idea what kind of person he was in private. His family still loved him and now have an empty hole in there lives that he once filled.
    Condolences to his family.

13. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    People make mistakes, his was fatal. I wonder if all the people in this thread that are so happy a young man just died would feel the same if it was their mother or father who made the mistake of driving drunk and ended up dead? I doubt it.

14. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

They're all e-tough.

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Exactly, you have to be a really good driver to handle most Porsches.

16. *Bio*

*Bio* Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 6620G
    110mph on a 40mph road is not going to do you any favors.

17. k.3nny

k.3nny Guest

GPU:
    3x AMD HD5870 1GB
  18. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
    Okay now that is funny.:)

*Edit*
    Though, he'll likely be fined for a fake police report.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  19. scheherazade

GPU:
    fullHDs
    I've had a coupe beers a few hours before driving, and have been nowhere near drunk. Hell, nowhere even near buzzed.

A photo hours before driving means nothing, esp when you can't tell how much he drank.
    The rule of thumb is '1 hour per beer' to 'pass through your system'.
    For example : 2 beers and 3 hours and the average person is plenty fine.

Glad to hear it.

-scheherazade

20. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I feel bad for his family but if he didn't care enough about his own life to not drink and drive that's his own fault obviously. Same for anyone that gets in a car with a drunk driver. Glad no innocent lives were lost though.