The Guru3D Gaming Video Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Love the GTA IV one. :D

Subscribed.

This is the only proper GTA IV video I've ever done:

http://youtu.be/6WL_FLYO8GA

Music by one of my favourite UK bands ever, the almighty Mansun. :banana:

2. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
  3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I've tried all the recorders and find fraps the best, by far, especially for quality. I use fraps along with virtualDub (free) to put the 4gb files together (append) and then use ffdshow filters from within virtualDub for compression and then save as avi.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i think fraps is the best as well but my issue was it kept splitting the videos and i could never figure out why. thats why i stopped using it. until lancerz mentioned windows live movie maker, i completely forgot that i could splice the videos back together lol. so im going to give fraps a go again.

5. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

"Due to Fraps not supporting AVI 2.0 OpenDML extensions (and using AVI 1.0 instead) the maximum clip size is about 3.9 GiB regardless of the filesystem of the destination drive. Should the recorded clip exceed this limit it is automatically split into 2 (or more) separate files."
    source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraps

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    hmm. well thanks for the info. maybe the makers of fraps needs to fix this issue.

7. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    if you people havent tried it already, you could try bandicam, its what i used to make my witcher 2 videos and then re-encoded in sony vegas pro. due to by bad upload speed i can make 5 minute videos 720p at only roughly 150mb's each file should check it out, quality is not bad at all, ive also uploaded a few more videos since my last post and will be continuing to add more soon.

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Right. Decided I'm going to try and record some new GTA IV videos as I've only ever done one. Plus it's only had 209 views and 1 like in 2 years. :(

Has anyone got any performance tips or secrets they'd like to share with me to make things a little easier? Thanks in advance. :)

9. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Why is it an issue?
    You need to render the videos anyway, you can just paste them together.

10. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  12. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
  13. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    If you record uncompressed with MSI Afterburner you should disable HDD write caching in Device Manager for smooth, stutter free recording, particularly in RAID0 array.

[​IMG]

I previously recommended mkvtoolnix to remux, split mp4 files. But YouTube seem to have issue converting and keeping video-audio in sync for h264+aac in a mkv container.
    So I found "My MP4Box GUI" who is a better muxer and keep mp4 as container: http://my-mp4box-gui.zymichost.com/index.html

For BF:BC2 players recording, if you want black to be black, set contrast to 0.50. If bloom is enabled reduce brightness to 0.50. I don't understand why default C=0.39 and B=0.65, DICE probably used ****ty LCD monitors to select those awful values. I have a LED monitor with 5M:1 contrast ratio, C&B at 0.50 really give the best luminosity accordingly with the sun position of each map (mostly dawn/dusk).

My last video reflect those changes above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyfGWhuko1M

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Can anyone shed some light as to why whenever I attempt to record FEAR 3 in MSIA all I get is a black screen when I play it back? I try it on any other game and it records fine. Is the game ashamed or something? :3eyes:

15. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Grrr, they removed the music so I had to delete it. Hopefully the new music version I've done with some Monte Carlo DLC footage will get accepted.

18. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    A hint to know fast if added soundtracks will be blocked: upload first the audio stream only with a fixed picture so file size stay very low.

You can create a video with a fixed picture easily with Freemake Video Converter: http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  20. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    I really like your songs selection, specially the first one, very good chill out. How do you call them?