AMD Catalyst 11.6 WHQL (8.861 May 24) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    these drivers are rubbish whilst playing FC2 all I get every few minutes is this

Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered and this
    UVD Information
    it's like it wants to keep downclocking to 400/900 to play a video WTF???

can AMD/ATI not fix sh!t so it stays fixed geezus christ drivers at this level should be stable as Fock for HD5770's even in CF so but I'm going back to 11.4 atleast they freakin worked right

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  2. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    :stewpid:

Stop being a :tool: I've had drivers that were stable as (11.4/11.5/.5b) but these are just rubbish

3. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    Look in the mirror. It's your who is probably the tool and the problem.

4. Metz

Metz Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850 TOP CF
    These drivers are working great, well for me at least.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011

5. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    i disabled vsync in photoshop gpu options, will try that and see, thanks

6. srps

srps Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GT OCV1
    Tried it, official exe without any unofficial patches and stuff and it works 100% here. Version 1.23 and 1.26 tested.

So I'd bet your problem doesn't lie in drivers' error, but yours or hardware.

EDIT: You also don't need CCC running btw, you can kill it without problems before playing a game. You could try that also.

7. kira1985

kira1985 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6850 Cyclone PE 1GB
    So, any fix for colors settings not being applied in games? For some dumb reason if I change the desktop color settings to what I want to use in games, it works. I never had so much frustration with the HD3850.

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Just remember if there's any issues or things that aren't working right for these people that say look in the mirror, its completely their fault. Must be a nice dream world where there are no such things as crossfire issues, Cap profiles aren't needed (they are afterall, a type of fix), no BSODs with 11.6, no mouse lag ever, every driver offers a definite improvement and no issues ever, and the same goes if they were with Nvidia!

What type of mirror are these guys looking in to? An Alice in Wonderland mirror? I guess if there's ever an issue its that person that is starting back at you fault, not your own, right?

9. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    These are the best drivers i use for my 5750. No problems at all, and higher frame rates in games.

10. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi General, did u Play Witcher 2, i can't play Smoothly getting Micro Stuttering any idea , The Recommended Spec is ATI 4850 , so it's not a GPU issue or May be CPU bottleneck, hmm...

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Hey guys! Good news, I found Catalyst 8.862 online dated 08 June! :D Its a RC that has all the chipset components etc too.

Bad news, it still BSODs on atikmdag.sys for me lol.

The file version is the same but the 8.862 atikmdag.sys is a bit larger and different code. Still, BSOD is a BSOD.

Hopefully this BSOD issue is fixed soon. I'm sure ASDER will get around to posting these shortly :)

Not sure if this is allowed, so moderators remove the link if necessary! (this is the link that I was directed to):

http://file2.mydrivers.com/display/AMD_8.862_RC1_Win7_Vista_June8_BR120249.exe

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2011
  12. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Is there a demo which i can try out, ?

13. Maciasex

Maciasex Guest

GPU:
    2x 6850
    Hi
    at first - sorry for my english :p
    Im still getting 99% bug on gpu2. But nvm that...
    I have problem with many games , benchmarks (most of 3d apps) using crossfire. Its a very fast screen flickering, not textures or shadows, parts of screen flicker. I think its something like 40-50 times a sec. Its barely noticeable, and after 1 hour of gaming eyes hurt like hell. I thought its a driver issue, but new drivers didnt fix this. Anyone have this problem ? Maybe there is known solution for it ?
    Using 1 card effect dont occure
    example video showing this effect, but much slower (in normal speed fraps didnt catch it)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSO4BxLavmw

14. net.cat

net.cat Guest

GPU:
    ATI
    I guys! Just registered :)

May I ask u how can I detect the best CCC's configuration for my ATI 5730 on my notebook? :)

15. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    what things have you tried to fix this yourself have you tried turning on Vsync did you D/L and install the latest Caps what resolution do you play at maybe one of the settings in the game is having problems

16. wolfie71

wolfie71 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X 4GB
    Not optimizing drivers for old serie like 5000....

I do not believe all these , drivers may be already optimized, i bought the Sapphire 5850 11 months ago at nearly 300€, & one month ago i saw a brand new Sapphire 5850 Xtreme at 105€ so i had no reason to doubt about gettin' one and 'CrossFiring' the original plus the Xtreme with good results, 3Dmark11 asks approved drivers ( by them ) and results are too low so i tested the CF with Unigine Heaven and it just doubles the score...
    But if it is true that AMD 'forgets' about HD 5000 series so soon , i'll just sell the 5850's and get a NV 590 when the price is affordable...........

17. djvelho

djvelho Guest

GPU:
    Club Radeon R9 270x 2gb
    hello
    first post :D

i install the new drivers...and i noticed on ccc that if i try to change fan speed ,there is a gray area in the check box. so i cannot manually control fan speed and i really want to.

is there anybody else with the same problem?

yes i have do the correct way to uninstall the old drivers....
    or im just stupid to know how this stuff works :D

cheers! :D

18. bronzodiriace

bronzodiriace Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290x
    any suggestions about dirt 3 and freeze during the game? [to esc from the freeze i esc with ctlr-alt-canc.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Welcome :)

If you havn't done already, then you need to click on the key at the top, to unlock the settings.

20. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    well, this is a good driver for me, no blue screen yet .. Using 11.6+sdk 2.4 no cap ..