AMD Catalyst 11.6 WHQL -8.861 May 24 Left Top Corner Mouse Lag Bug!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by xtremegamer, Jun 16, 2011.

1. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    The mouse lags over the top corner or what? Because I don't see this issue.

2. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    No lag, not stop, no nothing, just smooth mouse action all over the screen for me.

HD 6950 + Cat 11.6

3. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

It's only for selected users :D

4. Dazza08

Dazza08 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 XT 2GB
    WOW!! this actually is sad from AMD.

Heres how to reproduce the lagg. Move the cursor over the far top right then move it to the far top left fast and u should notice the cursos do a stoppie. HAHAHA

5. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Yeah Correct.....

6. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    I used to have the bug when I used CursorFX... switched back to a normal Windows cursor and the "bug" was gone, shadow or no shadow.

7. PcZoneExtra

PcZoneExtra Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    ok dudes i know this forum is not for cursing.But now i am tottaly pissed of.SUCK MY ICY BALLS ATI you stupid idiotic programers.Replace this stupid peapole with new ones.In the ****ing world is so many talented peapole beside this morons.I have 5850 stick it to your ass and buy another one for crossfire.What do you thinking move lag to top left side you stupid ****s.ONCE AGAIN SORRY ADMIN BUT I AM TOTALY PISSED OF.I will never say not ATI but something must be wrong with driver crew.Or ATI just dont care.So stupid same mistake so many times....AND ATI SUCK MY .l.

8. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1

Umm, not for me its not, so don't insinuate it's there for everybody.

Seriously? this is the bug? What the hell are people doing to notice this kind of thing ? Do you people have nothing better to do than find some minor annoyance that wouldn't affect any normal person? I can see no situation where I would need to do what you described. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel.

ATI, don't waste your time on a non-issue. There's other more important stuff to address.

Did someone forget their medication ?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  9. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    the issue only stops for me in the top left of the screen if i track super fast from top right to top left other than that its fine

anyway who in the hell is going to do that LOL

10. bornagen

bornagen Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6870
    Any RTS gamer would do that lightning fast mouse movements.....though the good thing is that it doesn't lag in games like the top right bug...just tested it in DOW II And Heroes of Newerth "the top right bug is nasty on these games"

top right bug lags the game when scrolling there, but with this new left bug, even if i drag my mouse ULTRA fast on the top left it doesn't lag at all.

ITS just so funny AMD placed the bug on the left side so cool!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011

11. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    It's like jerking off the computer for them :3

12. CodyPredy

CodyPredy Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI R270X 2GB
    It's nice that someone actually found a bug that needs careful steps to reproduce and if you mess up you get to have fun. Either I never manage to reproduce the damn bug or I never had it in the first place....

13. bornagen

bornagen Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6870
    Well the bug shows up randomly, earlier i had that bug but now im doing all my best to get that bug again but no bug showing now...

5 mins testing with full speed mouse movement the bug is not showing!!!!

Now Im worried that the bug is not showing. LOL

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Seems to be fixing itself, as i noticed after running Steam last night, that it was fixed, so i restarted my PC and tried Steam again, to see if that had something to do with fixing it, but no, still had the bug, then later on, after watching a video in full screen, it fixed again, so i did the same, restarted, watched video in full screen, but again no, still happening, then today, had it on startup, but now nothing, fixed again, so it seems to me, to be just happening after a satrtup/restart, then over time just fixing, but still, it doesn't bother me, i could have had it for god knows how long, i only discovered it after reading this thread :p

15. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi "Rich_Guy , i Tried to Capture the problem with "Camtasia Studio when i start Recording this bug disappears , when i Quit Recording this bug shows.... I can't understand AMD drivers!!!!!

16. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    I only find this annoying in games like Heroes of Newerth where you have to move the mouse to the edge of the screen to pan the camera..

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah its well strange, still all fine here, it just seems to be fixing itself, as since ive discovered it, ive always checked for it on switch on/restart, where ive got it, then at a random time during the day, ill see if its still happening, but its not, its all fine, and it will stay fine, till i next restart/switch off, on :p

18. Skylinee

Skylinee Member Guru

GPU:
    Windforce 780ti OC
    Got the same issue with the mouse stopping before it hits the top left corner. Minor issue sure, but it's a bug nonetheless. Updated from 10.5 to 11.6 by using DriverSweeper aswell, so it's got nothing to do with a faulty installation. The issue also occurs on the 11.6 Mobility Drivers, got the same issue on my notebook.

19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  20. elvaen

elvaen Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5970
    Mouse lag moved from top-right to bottom-right with 11.6 for me. :/

ATI 5970
    Win 7 64bit