Photography Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by FaM, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    3rd one is my favorite, though it would've been better if you walked a bit to get past that pole on the bottom left of the picture.
    nice shot though!

2. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    cheers man..... was on a boat I think, most of the shots I took on there were click & Hope shots.... very crowded!!

original[​IMG]

3. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    Liam, your post processing is very good! between nice crops to levels and color, You added a lot to some decent shots to make them stand out.

4. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Great shots Li4m79, shows a good eye for composition and detail.
    I also like your processing too.

5. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    wow, cheers guys. Anyone know of any reasonable priced places (UK) that i could get prints on to canvas??

6. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Try photobox for prints, they do great stuff :)

I really like the framing on some of your shots, you've definitely got some talent there, go buy a DSLR and develop it! :D

7. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    cheers man..... might very well do that later this year at some point

8. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Here are some random non photoshoot shots, all straight from camera minus some resaving in photoshop just to shrink the file size down. 1st real paid shoot starts tomorrow with one of the wifes friends and her kids...no stress but its still a big moment to see if I can swim.

[​IMG]
    P5081479 by -FaM-, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    P5081450 by -FaM-, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    P5281868 by -FaM-, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    P5281898 by -FaM-, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    P5281896 by -FaM-, on Flickr

9. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    a tip for animal stuff, is to get down on their level. kinda like the second shot, but a bit lower and angled correctly like you would a person :)

10. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    very nice very crisp... i feel i can just stroke the wee dog...good luck with your shoot man!

11. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    Sometimes things just happen. I was trying to "catch" a moose in the neighbourhood, when my cat decided she wanted to tag along:

[​IMG]

I didn't plan for it, I didn't photochop, things just happened. But I do feel lucky.

Thing is: You can't plan for a photo opportunity, so bring your camera with you everywhere. This means that if you're going dSLR, make the conscious decision to lug it along. It's impossible to shoot pictures with a camera you left home, so don't buy larger gear than what you can excuse (for yourself) carrying with you. At all times. Including when just going out the door for a quick smoke (which was what gave me that opportunity, btw).

//Svein

12. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    the folks cancelled after it poured all night and early morning as the outfit for their girl was white and they thought it would be gross out...it was nice out but the ground was mushy so me and the family went anyway as we need all the practive we can get. She has a speedlight on hers but I dont for mine, and I was having a heck of a time with over and underexposure with the flash on and off and the couple levels it lets me do, guessing I could probably have changed shutter speed or aperture? but Id think buying a speedlight where I can adjust it on the fly would also work.
    These are only compressed in photoshop, otherwise straight from the camera, click thumbs for HUUUUUGGGEEEEEEE versions.
    Here's what i got today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    lol at the third pic "Are we done yet?"

I finally sold my camera stuff yesterday. Took like four weeks of reposting and BS on Craigslist...I evenutally split up the ad into two parts the other day with just the lens by itself, and the rest of the body+misc in another. I was thinking maybe not everyone wants a complete setup and looking for specific things. A guy was just interested in body and eventualy he saw the ad for the lens I was selling also and bought both.

While I was explaining some stuff I go to ISO and it didn't hit me until today that I use this strange way of thinking for what setting to use. ISO is almost like the time of day? For the time I've had my camera, everything I shot in the morning/noon was at 100ISO (1:00PM), then as it got later in the afternnon, I shot at 400ISO (4:00PM), then at night I always shot at 800ISO (8:00PM). Anyone else notice this?

14. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    lol, i had a similiar result with the iso as well, mostly due to the pictures when you press the question mark on the camera to explain the setting.
    and it always showed iso 100 and such when it was early and the rest and the day got darker.

but then i found the setting for auto iso and just used that on my D40 and D5000, but now i manage it manually.

15. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Here some more from today, never shot flowers before..kinda fun in a tarded kind of way :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I've been looking into circular polarizers and came across this great video - a real-time demonstration of the effect. Doesn't hurt that the demonstrator is a very sexy woman.

http://vimeo.com/videoschool/lesson/97/polarizing-filters

:banana:

Any recommendations in the $100 usd range?

17. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    hoya or nothing! :D

18. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  19. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU: