Photo around 150 Euro?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by IchimA, Jun 16, 2011.

1. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Hy guys ! I am having a little trouble picking a photocamera. It has to be around 150 - 180 Euros so that with all the accesoris stays under 200.

I have my eyes on these 3 : - Fujifilm FinePix S1800 or S1600
    - Fujifilm FinePix S2950
    - Kodak EasyShare Z981 ( tops my buget a little )

What are you're opinions ? Is Fujifilm ok ? Is kodak better ?
    If you have better solutions please share. Also I don't want compact as I want to shot pics at my wedding and I want a ok camera not vacations pocket camera.

Thank you,
    Ichim Andrei

2. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    OK , none can make a good comment ? Or I have chosen a good set of cameras ?

3. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    For that price unfortunately you aren't going to get a good non-compact camera.

4. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    But are these cameras any good ?

5. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Not really. Though I suppose that depends on what you consider to be "good". Go on flickr and type in the camera name, then look for groups for photos that have been taken with those cameras and judge for yourself.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    compact camera... hmm.... might just as well get a phone with a better than average camera and you won't be far off...

to me, all compacts = same. they're handy, but to be honest, my galaxy s2 takes as good a photo as any compact I've ever seen.

7. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    You haven't tried the s90/95 or the xz-1 then :)
    Those are pretty amazing for compacts.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    No I haven't . I don't like compacts as I fail to see their purpose. Same as ipods. Can't understand why people buy them.

9. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    not all compacts have the same sensor and such. just because a camera is small, doesn't mean they're not good.

for example, fuji x100 ;)

10. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Seriously, you should just try the S90/S95. Not kidding when i say that they have good low-light performance.
    Though i think they cost more i think than the OP's budget.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Low light performance is one of the least important things to me. I'll take proper dof at large apertures and focusing speed amongst others.

12. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Then there really isn't much of a reason for you not to like compacts, because low light performance is where they fall down. They're mostly fine in other areas. ;)

13. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    try tracking a football player with an S95 and shoot a 6fps burst of action shots...

I jumped on the 40D bandwagon and am loving the AF speed!

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    are you kidding? Dof? Focusing speed? Build quality? Lack of control and many more... I'm out of this thread before I start a pointless argument...

15. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    I have an N95 with a 5mp camera .... photos are good but I want more. And I am not a profesional so I need just an entry level.

16. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I found a good one: http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/79004/show.html

Ok seriously now...

Having had a quick look at the cameras you posted, i'd go with the Kodak for a few reasons.

- Can shoot RAW ( moot point probably at that sort of price range )
    - Full manual mode along with other shooting modes ( good incase the photography bug bites you in the future )
    - Rechargeable battery included ( more of a personal preferance really )
    - erm... looks fairly comfy in the hand

I do have to point out though ( as others already have ) that you get pretty much what you pay for and if you just want quick drunken snaps of friends and family in your wedding then any camera would probably do but for recording the events of one of the happiest(?) days of your life i think you should think about hiring a professional.

17. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF

Love the kitty one ! Found a new candidate with ups the buget a little , let's here you're thoughts on this : Olympus SP-610UZ Black. Please let me know if it;s any good

18. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    How do you fail to see the point of iPods???!!! Do you hate music or something? :3eyes:

19. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    so , how about the new candidate ? Olympus SP-610UZ Black? please bear with me I am a total noob on photo cameras! And of course I will also have a profesional photographer and video recorder cameraman.

20. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    At quick glance it seems to be lacking in features when compared to the Kodak, or atleast features that i personally value. Picture quality wise you can probably expect similar performance from all of the cameras you've been looking at so it becomes more a battle of features really.