HTC Desire Z or Samsung Galaxy SII?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Vinnie, May 19, 2011.

1. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    s2 all the way , i've got a galaxy s running gingerbread and it awesome , never leaves my hand.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    just updated my SGS2 to the latest firmware and rooted it. Also have the nvidia opengl plugin installed so I can play tegra 2 games. the phone is amazing!

3. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    does it run the tegra2 shizzle ok?? ...........................can't wait for august when I can get my upgrade!!!

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well... just tried a few games... Samurai II runs silky smooth, great graphics. The Pinball game is outrageous, really nice graphics. Dungeon Defenders crashed on me... haven't really tried other games... oh, Backbreaker THD worked, but there was a few errors popping up and some missing textures, so I got a refund. But Samurai II and Pinball HD work a treat and they look amazing. not being funny, but this phone is phenomenal, running the latest firmware, rooted and in a next week or two I'll finally have it set up the way I want. it's sooo fast! best piece of kit since... well, ever!!!

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Someone managed to root the Thunderbolt first day it come out, and break the encryption on the bootloader the second day.

6. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    They did it due to an exploit they found by luck. Not because HTC didn't lockdown the phone. They are still trying to find a way/exploit/bugs to remove the lock/encryption on the latest phone like Sensation, Incredible S etc.

7. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Yeah, no surprise here. Hackers are increasing by the day, both in numbers and getting smarter

Companies/programmers make a new form of security/encryption and days/weeks later it's only a matter of time before it's cracked/hacked.

Hackers are always one step ahead, always have and always will be.

Microsoft Windows 7 was actually cracked before it was released, lol, no surprise here.

Ps3 was meant to be uncrackable only it was cracked a while back...

8. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Don't HTC have explain they will remove the bootload soon ? ( well i have no idea when )

9. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    SGS2 just got a little more awesome since Samsung gave 4 handsets for free to the guys that brought CyanogenMod to the SGS1. CM7 development has now begun, can't wait to flash it!

10. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    It will probably arrive today. Fingers crossed. :)

11. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I would of said if you wanted something smaller, better build quality then go for HTC Desire Z otherwise if you want the bigger & better screen, faster processor and ram then Galaxy SII.

Have fun playing with your new phone when it arrives! :)

12. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    It has arrived. And all I can say is that I am really pleased. I had to take the time to personalize it my way (and remove all the default Samsung stuff), but it suits me now. :)

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Nice, best part of the Galaxy SII is the quality screen, copy some high quality pictures onto your phone, watch & enjoy. :)

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The Thunderbolt has an encrypted bootloader, all finding root is on any android device is an exploit by luck. Also for the Sensation, the Sensation used a different encryption in the bootloader and that's already been figured out. Only thing that needs work now on it is for clockwork to be flashed on it.

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    My desire s has s-on too but got that sorted no problem :) HTC have said they will be removing it on all the new phones as they have had a lot of complaints but I couldn't be bothered waiting.

16. Dual Core

Dual Core Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 2x4890 24"1080p
    Got to say just got my S2 and it owns is there any thing it cant do?

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    nope... it pretty much destroys the competition and makes everything look easy. some of the games for it look just jawdropping. performance is out of this world.