AMD Catalyst 8.86 (Win 7/Vista x86/x64)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 4, 2011.

1. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    If the version number is still visible then you didn't properly clean your system after uninstalling the previous one before installing this driver.
    The one that shows on your system is the version from the previous driver set you've uninstalled.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Catalyst version is blanked, because they are only betas, the betas never have the correct catalyst version number (its never updated on the betas), they always show your previous sets, so if you had the 11.4's on, then put these on, it would still show the version as 11.4, it also get blanked, as there would be loads of posts saying, they aren't the 11.6's, says 11.4 (or whatever) on there :p

Its the driver packaging version you take notice of in the betas, so if it says driver packaging version 8.86, then you do have these 11.6 betas on :)

3. guy_uoft

guy_uoft Active Member

Can anyone confirm if these set fixes the eyefinity + crossfire + vsync checkerboard flickering????

4. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    so currently.. what is the best driver for blops and bad company 2? I am still on a 5870 so wondering which driver I should stick with?
    Thanks guys

5. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Why aren't these drivers signed?

deltatux

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Its because they are beta drivers and should be treated as such.

7. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I still using 11.4 drivers which seems to be the most stable and best drivers for performance/my5750. I am looking forward to the 11.6 WHQL tho :)

8. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    Anyone else getting BSOD/crashes with these drivers+CAP5 and BC2?

9. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Use 11.4 dlls on the bc2 folder.

10. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    that doesn't explain why they aren't signed. You need to sign the drivers in order to have them work on 64-bit Windows unless you move have your Windows boot into test mode.

deltatux

11. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    "There's a difference between a signed and unsigned driver, and a WHQL and not WHQL driver.

W7 X64 can run signed non WHQL drivers without problems, it will only give you a warning that it's not WHQL tested."

12. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    yes, but these drivers aren't signed, that's the problem. I don't care if the drivers are WHQL or not.

deltatux

13. hak1992

hak1992 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 3470
    Hi guys!
    i have a problem with this drivers, when i'm playing Counter-strike 1.6 with setting on catalyst all DEFAULT and running windows 7 i cannot get 100fps on the otherside when i'm running windows XP with this drivers but for XP i get the 100fps
    On both boots i have the same configs:
    Catalyst: default;
    cs1.6: 1280x1024, opengl;

my grafic is a ati mobility radeon 3470
    with a T3200 intel processor

do anybody know whats the problem here?

:pc1::)

14. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    So how come, me and everyone else have this driver installed without doing anything?
    It's magic? :wanker:

15. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tell that to my laptop & desktop that don't need to be in Test Mode to run this driver set.

AMD and their flaky OpenGL support.
    You're better off reverting to previous drivers that worked best for you.

16. hak1992

hak1992 Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 3470
    gonna try to revert to the laptop manufacter 1 they've upload to their site on (2008/04/16) :thumbdown

btw, where can i report this stuff to ati try to fix it?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  17. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Getting Black Cars in Shift 2 Car Lot .. Dark COckpit is gone though

18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    http://www.amd.com/us/CatalystCrewSurvey

But don't hold your breath.
    According to AMD's current trend at fixing OpenGL-related issues, they'd probably notice your report by the time we have smartphones with an 8 cores processor.

19. XPiRX

XPiRX Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5870 1GB
    I installed this driver version and now my card wont downclock to 157/300 when its IDLE. Lowest it will go is 400/1200. The memory does not downclock what so ever. I think the profiles go screwed up when it installed. I uninstalled and cleaned the drivers with DriverSweeper and installed 11.5, same thing. Uninstalled again and used driversweeper and went back to 10.9 (Last release before mouse lag happened). It still does the exact same thing, goes down to 400/1200 but mostly sits at 850/1200 most of the time even though the card is 100% idle. I have tried enabling/disabling overdrive dozens of times to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: Im looking at the "Performance states" In GPU Caps Viewer and they somehow have gotten changed from 157/300 to 400/1200. How do I change performance states back to default ?

Edit2: Figured it out, somehow my 2nd connection (DVI) was enabled and was acting as dual display. I disabled that in 11.6 beta, but guess it didnt fully disable it. Guess Ill wait for WHQL for more stable release >_>

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  20. CodyPredy

CodyPredy Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI R270X 2GB
    I'm having problems with fluctuations in clock frequencies when running a HD movie in MPC-HC causing frame rate stutters on a Dual Screen configuration.
    This happens on 11.5 , has this been fixed in 11.6 Beta?