MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cq842000

cq842000 Guest

GPU:
    2x HD 6990+ GTX460
    Why must you insist on making this a personal attack? Why do people looking for support with this program have to worry about dealing with you, the creator of this program and your obvious lack of ethics? Also, your telling me that MSI does not pay you for a service rendered...i.e. the MSI Afterburner Program? At least if they dont pay you, I can understand why your so disgruntled and treat people looking for help the way that you do. It is my honest opinion that you are no professional, in so much that you have no idea how to treat other people with respect. It is also very clear why you should not respond directly to end-users to begin with. Whatever you respond with, because I know you will...you win...feel great about that. Have a nice day, and thank your for your time.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Because you keep inserting personal attacks in your postings, and things like "It is my honest opinion that you are no professional, in so much that you have no idea how to treat other people with respect" is nothing but personal attack, don't play the fool.

Why do people looking for support have to deal with me? There are PRs for that. Did you ever seen NVIDIA / AMD / ASUS / Gigabyte /Galaxy software developers killing time on solving "smart" issues in the forums and gladly eating end user hate posts? Don't lie that you did. And talking about my obvious lack of ethics (which is just one more _personal_ attack attempt), try do think that probably you're lacking some obvious understanding as well.

Yes, I'm telling that supporting end users and furthermore attracting new potential customers, coming here with non-MSI hardware and insults, is not my obligation. MSI pay a few cents for each legal copy of software bundled with MSI graphics cards, and my obligations include supporting strictly defined set of functionality for new MSI hardware and fixing problems reported by MSI testlab or by myself and my testers. And if my services are so bad and unprofessional a you are insisting and if the company is not satisfied with the quality of services I'm rendering, it is not a problem and I can easily stop it and lose money, I can live without it.

Feel great about your great manners and bye.

3. cq842000

cq842000 Guest

GPU:
    2x HD 6990+ GTX460
    Is that so? You believe all that you have just posted? Really? You think I was personally attacking you by giving my observations? Again it was based on your level professionalism, how you responded with animosity, and not on you personally. Nothing I have said can be misconstrued as a petty insult or hate post when I am indeed the "end-user", and you are as you say "the developer". I have a problem that you said you would not resolve or even check into...fair enough. I came here for support and got nothing but a sour taste in my mouth, so be it. Make no mistake though Unwinder, my responses are just that, a result of you demeaning me and slandering my character. I have read through these forums taking key points of interest in how you respond to end-users like they are hammered dog droppings...again my observations. It's good that you have a stable life and livelihood. Sorry if you feel that me responding to you degrading my status as a wounded veteran was a means of me attacking you, but seriously man, is this how you treat people in real life? Dont you think it might be more beneficial if you had a better approach to people when they have a question, critique, or issue?

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Okay gents, this is the end of this discussion. cq842000 step away please, thanks.

5. Mister E...

Mister E... Member

Blank Screen (update)

Just wanted to provide another update:

There was a recent update to EVGA Precision that I had installed that continued to work flawlessly.

Decided to check the latest version of AfterBurner and just installed the Beta 3 update - the problem I had with my LCD blanking appears to be solved!

Will happily stick with MSI AfterBurner.

Thanks Unwinder / msi-afterburner!

6. Unwinder

There is nothing to thank for because there were no fixes in this area on our side. So that's a placebo effect or the fix was actually located on your side. Anyway, nice that you've got it working.

7. Mister E...

Mister E... Member

Regardless, thanks Unwinder - I'd been consistently using RivaTuner prior with quite a few different generation nVidia chips - I owe you thanks for that alone.

It's possible the latest nVidia driver update fixed the issue as I had started with another version originally and didn't retry AfterBurner after updating them (as EVGA Precision was working flawlessly). For that matter, I've also updated the Intel chipset drivers, a slew of other drivers, Motherboard BIOS and VGA BIOS since then...any of them may have solved the issue... :bonk:

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  8. kokowh

kokowh Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX560TI HAWK
    I still need to work on my English.

我的显示卡是MSI GTX560TI HAWK,afterburner版本为2.2.0 beta3。发现了一个关于显存温度侦测方面的问题:在我玩游戏的过程中,显存温度会随机骤升到90度以上,在我退出游戏等了很长时间后,只能降到75度并稳定在这个温度。关机再次开机后会恢复正常,但是重启计算机则不会,只有给主机断电才行。
    另外,我换了另外一块新的MSI GTX560TI HAWK进行测试,仍然存在这个问题。
    测试过的会产生这个现象的游戏、软体有:Crysis、3dmark vantage、furmark 1.90等,由于手上没有其它游戏或软体,所以只测试了这三个。
    显存温度90度,远远高于GPU温度60度,应该不是很正常吧。让我心里很担心啊。请尽快确认这个现象是否为afterburner 2.2.0 beta3的BUG,谢谢。:wanker:

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  9. Unwinder

Китайська силавека, моя твоя совсем нипанимать :)

10. kokowh

kokowh Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX560TI HAWK
    I've translated it by google

My video card is MSI GTX560TI HAWK, afterburner version 2.2.0 beta3. Found a temperature on the detection of memory problems: I play the game in the process, the memory will randomly jump to the temperature above 90 degrees, so I quit the game for a very long time, only to 75 degrees and stabilize at this temperature. It Off back to normal after re-boot, but will not restart the computer, only Power off the computer.
    Also, I changed another new MSI GTX560TI HAWK for a test, there is still this problem.
    Tested this phenomenon will have games, software are: Crysis, 3dmark vantage, furmark 1.90 and so on, because do not have any other games or software, only testing these three.
    Memory temperature of 90 degrees, far higher than the GPU temperature is 60 degrees, it should not be normal. I was very worried about it. Please confirm this phenomenon as soon as possible whether the afterburner 2.2.0 beta3 of the BUG, ​​thank you.

I'm not good at English,There must be a lot of syntax error, please forgive me

Last edited: May 20, 2011

11. kokowh

kokowh Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX560TI HAWK
    help me please!!:wanker:

12. Unwinder

MSI hardware team should look into this, there is nothing I can do to help. And the forum was not visited by MSI for a while.

13. tursas

tursas Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX680
    I just purchased a second 6850, Club 3D OC edition to be precise, identical to one I had before. Hooked em to crossfire, and now after reinstalling Afterburner the clocks show fine on it when not unlocked. After I unlock the frequency lock, Afterburner suddenly doesn't recognise the clock speed of the cards, and sets them to 0 on the program. Trying to move them to normal (820/1100) numbers and pressing apply just sends em back to 0, any fix available or do I just have to live with it?

14. kokowh

kokowh Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX560TI HAWK
    :wanker::wanker:
    It's 10 days since I submitted this issue to MSI, but they did not give me any response.
    Just ask me for the SN No.
    Maybe I should change the vision to 2.1.0。
    Out of sight out of mind.sigh~
    Thank you all the same.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  15. Apehangers

Apehangers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 6950 Twin Frozr II x2
    Same with me using Afterburner 2.2 beta 3 MSI 6950 Twin Frozr II. Only after starting Afterburner, without Afterburner running, CCC 11.5 works as expected. Changing the Gaming 3D settings in 11.5 with Afterburner running doesn't seem to apply them either.

Edit: I need to add, The graphics processor type in settings needs to be changed occasionally from high leakage to low or low to high to get my overclock to work. I have found if it doesn't apply, I change the setting and then it does. Doesn't make any difference what it is set to, just change it and then it works.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011

16. Unwinder

"I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it"

I'm wondering when users will stop copy pasting this EULA blindly without even trying to read it. That's a rhetorical question, no need to reply.

17. louisly

louisly Member

GPU:
    AMD Ref. 6870
    I bought a R6950 Twin Frozr III today. After tweaking with afterburner, two questions I need to ask.

1. with unlocked voltage control, I can apply the core voltage i want, and it seems succeeded. but in the voltage monitoring right side window, I see nothing changed. as well as the GPU-Z sensor monitoring. they are both showing the same number whatever 3D, power saving UDV state, so I believe the voltage I change is not applied acturely.

2. I changed UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1 but still cannot break CCC limits.

I was wondering is the newest branch of this card had some constraint in BIOS or anyone can help figure out the reason??Thanks!!!!

I'm using 2.2.0 beta 3.

18. Crasher

Crasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III
    I am always getting BSOD after running the MSI Afterburner with my CrossfireX mode MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC.

I also changed my bios settings. Any suggestions?

My system:

Core i5 2500K -Thermalright VenomousX
    ASUS Sabertooth P67
    4x2GB Geill Ripjaws
    CF-X 2x MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC
    80GB OCZ Vertex2 SSD, 2x500GB Samsung Raid0
    23" Samsung PX2370 LED
    CoolerMaster HAFX ** Powered by 850W Seasonic

19. LightningUser

LightningUser Guest

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Hi Guys,
    I undervolted my MSI Geforce GTX 275 Lightning with Afterburner and it works, but Afterburner is also changing the 2D-Voltage.
    I do not know if it is a bug or if it is just not possible to chage the 3D-Voltage without changing the 2D-Voltage on this Card.

I tried "Afterburner 2.1.0" and "Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 3"
    Driver: 275.33 WHQL

best regards,
    LightningUser

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  20. Unwinder

That's by design of this card VRM, it only supports unified 2D/3D voltage boost control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.