Need for Speed: Shift 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by headrat_uk, Jun 5, 2011.

1. headrat_uk

headrat_uk Guest

GPU:
    XFX/6950/2048
    Hi,

Anybody here using XFire and Eyefinity and Shift2, as soon as I enable XFire my framerates drop and the game become jerky/jumpy.

I've tried different drivers versions, different CAPs, Forcing AFR-Friendly through Radeon Pro and just not sure what to try next short of not enabling Xfire

HEADRAT

2. Johnny Rook

Johnny Rook Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 3Gb
    Have you tried the Profiles 11.5 CAP4? Those worked fine here with HD5970. Neither need to use Radeon Pro.

Johnny

PS Don't forget to remove old profiles and reboot after installing new ones.

3. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    I got flickering with shift 2, I can´t find the solution, with 11.5b + CAP4 my Crossfire is working fine but with light flickering :S

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I had endless bugs while i had Crossfire 2xHD6950 unlocked , i did tried everything and I mean everything to make it work on Shift2 but never did worked :/ , also in a few games theres a lot of bugs like flickering textures , empty polygons , microstuttering etc etc... Also while in crossfire some drivers do work for my display wich is a HD 47" HDTV LCD and most drivers would not work ??? Only happens while using crossfire. The Fix for me was to sale one of my HD6950 Unlocked and I kept only one , hard volt moded and overclock it to max stable Mhz wich its 1025/1500Mhz on Water, now all the games run flawlessly and i can use any driver i want on my HDTV LCD without any bsod or problems. Anyhow NFS Shift 2 its full of bugs game still , i uninstalled that game a while ago anyhow and i wont play it ever again , neither will i suport EA or Slighly Mad Studios.
    I wish you good luck trying to make it work but it seems that ATI/AMD Drivers have taken a nose dive in the last 6~8 months conscerning Crossfire. Thats my experiences and opinions.

5. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Same here. Im using the 11.5b + 11.5 4Caps + Shift 2 Patch but I have lower fps with CFX enabled than with single gfx. What am I doing wrong?

6. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Which cap4 are you using,ati website only has cap2 for cat11.5

7. guy_uoft

guy_uoft Active Member

I have 5870+5850 crossfired and using eyefinity 4080X768, I run Shift everything on max with AA at high vsync forced around 85 fps for day races and 50-80 for night races.

I'm using 11.5b hotfix + 11.5 cap4

8. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    For newer CAP look here on AMD driver thread, or on Rage3D .. CAP profiles.

For peoples who have bug.

1) as said remove old CAP try uninstall driver and reinstall it then the CAP .( don't use DriverSweeper )

2) Check the fps in race, when the animation before the race start, the fps are bad ( 50-60fps ), i believe the shader are still in calculation or use only one gpu during this animation ( the camera show different view of the car )... then when the race start you should see your fps going up ... ( can hit 110+fps )

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  9. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    same here.. still wondering when will I be able to finally play this game..

10. headrat_uk

headrat_uk Guest

GPU:
    XFX/6950/2048
    Well uninstalled drivers and CAP, reinstalled :-

amd_catalyst_11.5b_hotfix_8.85.6rc5_win7_may25.exe
    AMD_Catalyst_11.5_CAP4.exe

Win7 (Ultimate) x64 SP1
    Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz
    240GB OCZ Vertex 3
    2x XFX ATI Radeon 6950 2048MB
    Corsair HX 850W
    Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 Intel P67 Chipset
    G.Skill RipJawsX 16GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz

still horrible performance, <30 fps in game :(

It's seems to be to do with Eyefinity, if a disable that I just run on 1 screen it runs pretty well.

Looks like Crossfire is enabled according to GPU-Z:-

[​IMG]

I'm using a 3 Display (3x1) Display group driving 3 x Dell2407FPWs, is there anything that I might have done wrong with Eyefinity, surely I should be > 30fps?

If you are forcing VSYNC how are you getting 85fps, seems a strange monitor refresh rate :confused:

HEADRAT

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

11. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    85hz monitor i think ..

Anyway, have you try disable AA ? this game use some different technik for rendering, lights, AA, etc.. (specially developped for don't have to recode the game for pc and just ad them ) i have no idea how much they can be overkill for a 3monitors setup or if it's a bug, sadly don't have 3 monitors for test.

12. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    I don't have a 85hz monitor and still have the same issue. I have far better performance with single GPU than with multi gpu. Maybe I need to update physx.

13. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Heya Chipsy,

Pity you gave up on Shift 2. Patch 1.02 is about to come out (next 2 weeks or so) and we have managed to get a fair bit of info out of Iain and Griff regarding some of the problems (though most of it is indirect). It seems that SMS have the hands tied by EA regarding anything to do with the NFS IP, for instance Griff added in MLAA support, a Max Graphics setting (fairly large detail increase) and a harder AI for the 1.02 patch. EA knocked back all three are requested their removal for the 1.02 patch. Kinda says it all.

Anyway the game itself is getting pretty good as the modding work for fixing the cars pushes ahead. The reason the stock tunes are so bad is that EA requested all cars be able to go happily around Ebisu Touge Track (tightest, twistiest, most unlikely track for 99% of the cars ingame). So naturally being semi-sim the cars are rubbish around most other tracks, especially Nordschleife.

SakuraBlack made a handling mod which fixes a few typo's and balances the handling out nicely for Single Player.

Patch 1.02 is also thought to contain the fixes for Crossfire and possibly SLI too. Also fixes the Lag issue for input devices like wheel's and pad's which suffer inordinate amounts of lag (200ms+) on some system configurations. Just remember to thank EA for taking your money and then dropping support like a hot coal.

14. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Active Member

GPU:
    4070TI
    Great news!!

15. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Just had confirmation that the DLC for Shift 2 PC is free with the next patch (or soon after). It even got certified last Friday by EA, but still no sign of it (which is kinda frustrating for the SMS Dev's).

However the content of that DLC remains a mystery.

Oh it was also confirmed that 7000 EA devtrak bugs were fixed by the SMS Dev team ;)

Which according to Griff (PC Team Lead) is less than normal for EA games...

16. Maciasex

Maciasex Guest

GPU:
    2x 6850
    I dont have flickering problem , but performance suck. With one card i get 50-60+ fps , with crossfire 35-45 fps. Catalyst 11.6, latest CAP and shift 1.01. Any idea what can i do? To some ppl the game works great using cfx, so it can be done.

17. Kaerar

Kaerar Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    There seems to be an issue with Q6xxx and Q9xxx CPU's with Shift 2. a Q6600 getting over 35FPS is a rare sight and if you are doing 50-60 on single card you are doing well.

The issue should be resolved with the incoming Patch 2 (1.02) for PC when EA get off their butts to release it to the public (been signed off for over a week now...).

My mate has a Q6600 and a 5850 and gets about 35-40 FPS. There's a lot of CPU limiting going on with SHIFT 2.