Dirt 3 Performance Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Kinleyb, May 26, 2011.

?

How well does the game preform on your system?

1. Preforms Well! Great Game!

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Preforms OK! Ok Game!

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Preforms Awful! Awful Game!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Marlec

Marlec Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX780GHZ Editio
    Is there any way of making the game run in DX9 mode on Win 7 ??

2. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Yup.

go into My documents\My Games\Dirt 3\Hardwaresettings

open the file hardware_settings_config.xml with wordpad

search this line

<graphics_card>
    <directx forcedx9="false" />

change "false" to "true" the save and exit.
    Change file proprieties to read-only. Now you should be in DX9. Check with MSI AB osd.

3. Marlec

Marlec Member Guru

GPU:
    Ah excellent ! many thanks Kingpinzero.

Heres a tip from Howie2008 over at the CM forums, if you want to get rid of those annoying voices that talk to you as if you were a 3 year old imbecile:

Figured it out, find the file 'en_generic.nfs' in the audio speech folder and burn it... ok well delete or rename it. Ignore anyones reply here about removing co-drivers too as they are different files...

Now no more DUDE, BRO or Amigo!

Seems to also make the game load faster But of course you will get NO advice, voices for setup info, or anything in the game...

4. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    thx for the tip, but if that means having no co pilot and stuff, i can live with that 20 second blabbing of those three. Thank god things get better later in the game...

Anyway a patch is out now on steam, just tried to fire up the game...patch is 612.5mb, should address alot of things, unfortunately no mention of sli fix (slow fps bug, due to reflections).

This should be the change log, but still no official word on the patch yet:

We have a DiRT 3 PC patch scheduled for release in the near future, the following issues have been addressed by this patch:

• Time of day and weather options are now correctly saved within Jam Session save/restore slots.

• Fixed an occasional loading screen hang which could leave the player with a black screen.

• Fixed a soft lock when removing the Ethernet cable on some screens during a LAN session.

• Battersea Compound – Parking Lot environment updated to ensure that smash blocks are always present.

• Resolved specific instances of the player being able to drive into areas of crowd.

• Corrected a rare issue with online staggered start team events which could lead to incorrect team scoring.

• Fixed a very rare physics issue which could lead to the player’s vehicle falling through the world.

• Fixed two graphics issues which could lead to a crash when changing resolution or resizing the windowed game to a height of 0 pixels.

• Resolved an issue preventing Player 2 from re-binding their controls if using a keyboard within a split-screen event.

• Fixed an issue which, in specific circumstances, could lead to a spectator seeing incorrect progress during a multiplayer Transporter event.

• Minor corrections to track boundary and reset lines.

• Fixed an issue which will occasionally cause the green ‘infected’ effect to be applied to the player’s car during loading between Outbreak events.

• ‘World Record’ and ‘Personal Best’ symbols now correctly appear within all circuit-based time trial events.

• Correction to particle behaviour during high speed collisions, avoiding any instances of them spawning in the wrong direction.

• Minor finish line adjustments to avoid the possibility of bypassing them in some routes.

• Fixed an issue which lead to the driver’s hands clipping when in the interior camera ‘brace’ position.

• Resolved an issue which would occasionally prevent the ‘World Tour’ tetras from spinning within the front end.

• Resolved an issue which could lead to some vehicle cards flickering within the front end vehicle select screens.

• Adjusted a small number of text references and menu options for the ‘VIP Pack’, which should be referred to as the ‘Free Car Pack’ for PC.

• Various stability fixes.

Patches for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game along with an additional patch for the PC are also currently in development, and further details regarding these will be provided at a later date once the patches have been completed and passed the submission process with Microsoft and Sony.

Please keep providing your feedback on any game issues you encounter, as this is of great help to the dev team when they attempt to replicate and resolve these issues in-house.

5. Marlec

Marlec Member Guru

GPU:
    No you dont lose Co-driver just the annoying voices, trust me its wonderful when finland loads up all you can hear is water flowing & birdies chirpy. why not just give it a try ? you can always put the file back if your missing something you like, i cant imagine wat.

6. ehsancgfx

ehsancgfx Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 560GTX & ATI 6770m
    Dirt 3 is such an awesome game but like dirt2 it also got the same problem. it crashes randomly specailly in the loading screen. anyone knows any fix ? so many people are complaining it on the official forum... have you guys any solution for it , any driver or something like that ? using the latest beta .. thanks a lot

7. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    anyone tried that 600 MB patch.
    People have reported that it fied the CTD issue.

8. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    sorry double post.

9. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Another user here, affected by the performance problem in Gymkhana events.

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    its just terrible isn't it! thought maybe turning mirrors off would help like it does in other events, but that's not the case ... is it just an sli issue, or do guys with single cards experience it also?

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    With and Without Patch i never had issues. I read that a lot of people have crashes in DX11 mode. I have yet to get those and i'm already busy with Season 4. :) Guess i'm lucky for once.

The only issue i got is Input Lag with my Wireless Xbox 360 Controller. There is a 500ms delay when you Throttle or Brake with the Triggers. This lag isn't because the controller is Wireless because it only happens with DiRT. Tried a couple of possible solutions but it doesn't matter.

12. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Same here i hope this can get fixed... I'm only seeing about 35-45fps in those Gymkhana events. The thing is I look at GPU usage and its only 45-50% on each GPU. So clearly something is wrong here.

All the other races I stay at 60fps locked. Well the menus are slugish too at 25-30fps.

13. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    the patch resolved my CTD issues as of now no crashes.

BTW I am finding it really difficult to score a gold in drift and dougnut in the Gymkhana events. Any tips guys?

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I think managed one Gold once, the rest mainly Silver or Bronze. It's not the most easy event, the only tip i got is keep trying like i do ^^

15. brandonspikes

brandonspikes Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 560GTX TI Twin Frozr
    [​IMG]
    AVG 75, Min 64 1920x1080, 8xqcsaa.
    Ultra Settings +High Shadows (For some reason ultra shadows causes the game to get single digit fps with my AA combo)

16. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Same here, this game has issues with SLI and crossfire unfortunately :(
    And I had no crashes before the patch and now it crashes all the time during the loading screen :3eyes:

17. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
  18. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    On the bright side:
    The game suddenly works perfectly for me!
    No more cockpit/menu/gymkhana lag, ambient occlusion and mirrors at ultra.

Maybe the nVidia update secretly update the Dirt3 SLI profile :D

19. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    I'll have to give it a try tonight... can you post the profile info from Nvidia Inspector by chance? Also what driver version are you running?

20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i would very much like an answer too this question aswell.