Dirt 2, Off Topic

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Enzo F, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Enzo F

Enzo F Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    Hey, Wasen't really sure where too post this so i'll post it here for now as it has too somewhat do with ATI. I currently have a 5570 and am using 2, 22" Monitors both at 1920 x 1080. I downloaded the Dirt 2 and Crysis Demo to try out multi monitor gaming like i've seen in youtube ( I know 2 monitors suck forgaming, ill get too that). So i was wondering, How come when i play, Both games dont give me an option to use my second monitor? Is it because its a Demo?

Also, If there is a way to set up multi Monitor in these games, Is there a way i can make my computer think i have 3 monitors so that my bezel dosent intefer with the center game, And my main screen can be centered on my right monitor?

Thanks for all the help, This is becoming a real pain in the ass since i have NO experience in this stuff.

2. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    you set it it in the CCC (driver ) not in the game .

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  3. Enzo F

Enzo F Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    One problem, I don't have that! :S I tried downloading it off the website and it mucks my computer up, It changes my display to some smaller size, And shuts down my second monitor completely, I don't know what happened, Any ideas?

4. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    It's a specific pc or a laptop (dell HP etc ? )

5. Enzo F

Enzo F Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    Its a new HP, Its also a desktop, not a laptop

6. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    the problem come maybe by the fact it's a preinstalled OS .

you have win 7 ?, try be sure you download the good driver version.

I m not exactly sure it can cause the problem. In general i assume you can install any driver, anyway the 5570 is a really low end card, 2 monitors will push 2 time the resolution, so 3360x1050 (2x 1680x1050 ).. i really have some doubt about the resulting framerate with a such low end card.

Try see what panel you have for "desktop /monitor manager " .

7. Enzo F

Enzo F Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    By Panels do you mean the ports? (HDMI, DVI, And VGA) I'm just wondering why even on the game it wont give me the option to extend the monitors to 2 instead of single. I don't have to play on highest graphic levels, Medium would do, I just want to experience how it is with 2 monitors in a game

8. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    5570 doesn't allow multi-monitor. I think you need at least a 5750 fot that. Sry to tell you !

9. Enzo F

Enzo F Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    Yea it does support Multi monitor. I am currently using 2 monitors right now.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    ^ Yup, Eyefinity.

11. Enzo F

Enzo F Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    yeah i've got Eyefinity set up and its all good, But whenever i go to play Dirt 2, It isen't streched, it just goes to duplicated on the game. Any ideas?

12. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
  13. Enzo F

Enzo F Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    I currently have the 5570 and it is not amazing, But it gets the job done well, I play all games on High graphic and there is no lag or slow frame rate. Everything works fine accept this God damn dual monitor. Why won't this work!

14. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    did you manage to get one game running on the two monitor?
    did you install the last catalyst 11.5 whql with last version of amd vision engine control?

15. Enzo F

Enzo F Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    I've been able to get Crysis to work with split monitor but it was weird how it works, My left monitor was a in a smaller resolution than the right, it only went on Full monitor when i changes the resolution too 1600 x 600, Which is weird cause my main resolution is 1920 x 1080. And i have no idea what 11.5 whql is ? Or what the amd vision engine control is, I jsut downloaded CCC earlier today so its probably the newest version

16. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    choose your os in the "AMD Radeon™ Video Card Drivers" sectiob and download the whole package "Catalyst Software Suite" the first of the page
    here http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx
    edit: sry amd vision engine control is the same as ccc it's because i have an all amd mobo

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  17. Enzo F

Enzo F Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    Ok i've got it downloaded, Now what?

18. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    install it and once finished restart, then search in ccc for the option lane talk about

19. Enzo F

Enzo F Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    Okay, thanks for all your help, Still isent working, Whenever i run dirt 2, it just duplicates my screen, it wont stretch it

20. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Are you kidding? I recently sold my 5750 to upgrade to a 6850 because it lagged on high settings on a few games (like witcher 2) and you say a 5570 runs on high at decent frames? lol 5750 threw around 40fps on assasins creed 2 w/o AA... so 5570 should be around... what, 25fps?

edit: oh and you are right and i was wrong, it did support dual or more monitors with eyefinity ^^ maybe it's a problem related to the games that don't have support for 2 monitors but for 1 or 3? dunno :S hope you can fix it !

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011